•   
  •   

Sport Warner confirms grade cricket stint

15:59  16 may  2018
15:59  16 may  2018 Source:   msn.com

Warner breaks silence on CA bans

  Warner breaks silence on CA bans Banned Australian cricketer David Warner has discussed how he plans to tackle the 12-month period he has to sit out following Cricket Australia's sanctions.Warner was in the Northern Territory to promote a locally-developed driving app and explained how the incident has rejuvenated him.

Warner to play grade cricket in Sydney | Daily Mail Online. David Warner signs with St Lucia Stars for maiden CPL stint - ESPNcricinfo. Jun 16, 2018 5:17 AM - 2 months, 1 week, 1 day, 2 hours, 42 minutes, 25 seconds ago.

Warner will make his comeback through Sydney grade cricket . Whitney had reached out to Warner last month after the 31-year-old's 12-month Cricket Australia ban for his role in the ball tampering fiasco in South Africa.

Disgraced Australian opener David Warner will attempt to get his cricket career back on track by playing the start of the Sydney grade cricket season with Randwick Petersham.

Club president and ex-Test fast bowler Mike Whitney told the Southern Courier the batsman had committed to at least the first three of four matches for the club.

He will also be involved in pre-season training and helping with the club's youngsters.

"We're delighted to have him," Whitney said. "He's one of the best players Australia has had since World War Two.

"He's been speaking to one of our club officials and he has committed to the first three or four rounds of the season. Why it is only three or four rounds at this stage, I don't know."

David Warner returns to the field after Cricket Australia ball-tampering saga

  David Warner returns to the field after Cricket Australia ball-tampering saga Disgraced former cricketer David Warner is back on the pitch for the first time since the ball-tampering scandal that embroiled the Australian side, teaching power-hitting techniques to young girls in Darwin.The sacked batsman accepted a 12-month ban in April for his part in hatching a plan to scuff the ball during a test in South Africa.

Disgraced Australian opener David Warner will attempt to get his cricket career back on track in the lower grades .

The Cricket Australia ban extended to state matches, with the three players at the centre of the controversy – Warner , Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft – only able to ply their trade in grade cricket during the suspensions.

"Everyone is excited to have him. He will be great in the changing rooms with younger players."

Whitney had reached out to Warner last month after the 31-year-old's 12-month Cricket Australia ban for his role in the ball tampering fiasco in South Africa.

Warner has been on the books at Randwick Petersham since 2013/14 after joining from the neighbouring Eastern Suburbs club.

But he's rarely been sighted for the club due to state, international and Indian Premier League commitments.

The Cricket Australia ban extended to state matches, with the three players at the centre of the controversy - Warner, Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft - only able to ply their trade in grade cricket during the suspensions.

Banned duo's surprising cricket destination revealed .
Banned former Australian captain and vice-captain Steve Smith and David Warner are reportedly considering playing a Twenty20 league in a nation not famous for cricket.According to a report from the Daily Telegraph, the dumped captain and vice-captain have been approached by a Twenty20 league in Canada for a competition that takes place between the 28th of June and the 15th of July this year.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!