•   
  •   

Sport Premier League boss Richard Scudamore to quit

20:03  07 june  2018
20:03  07 june  2018 Source:   news.sky.com

Zinedine Zidane has quit Real Madrid in the most spectacular fashion

  Zinedine Zidane has quit Real Madrid in the most spectacular fashion Zinedine Zidane has quit Real Madrid in the most spectacular fashion. The 45-year-old manager has resigned from his Real role just five days after guiding the club to a third successive Champions League title. Club president Florentino Perez said Zidane's decision was "unexpected."Zinedine Zidane has resigned from his managerial role at Real Madrid.

" Richard Scudamore has been the face of the Premier League for the best part of two decades," he said. Powell added that it was "major achievement" for Mr Scudamore to have lasted at the helm of the Premier League for nearly 20 years given the complex commercial interests involved in English

Richard Scudamore faces pressure to quit , but Premier League bosses REFUTE culture of sexism. Former Arsenal chief David Dein 'sent sexist e-mail to Richard Scudamore before Premier League boss forwarded it', report claims. 17:59, UK, Thursday 07 June 2018.

Premier League Chief Executive Richard Scudamore addresses the media during the Premier League and the FA Facilities Fund Launch© Getty Premier League Chief Executive Richard Scudamore addresses the media during the Premier League and the FA Facilities Fund Launch

Premier League boss Richard Scudamore is to stand down before the end of the year.

The 58-year-old football chief said it had been an "absolute privilege" to led the organisation for almost 20 years.

He was appointed executive chairman in June 2014 after previously serving as chief executive since November 1999.

Announcing his decision to leave, Mr Scudamore said: "Football is an intoxicating environment and therefore difficult to give up being so involved, but my passion for what football means to so many and the positive impact it can make will never diminish."

Premier League winter break approved

  Premier League winter break approved A two-week Premier League winter break in February has been approved to start from the 2019-20 season, the FA has announced. Credit Cards That Don't Charge a Foreign Transaction Fee Find out more on Finder Sponsored by Finder.com.au The winter break ensures that Premier League matches will still be played over the period, with five top-flight games to be staged on the first weekend and five on the following weekend.

Scudamore is credited as one of the people responsible for turning the Premier League into the global powerhouse it is today. His decision to leave the league , where he began in 1999, comes on the day he agreed to sell Premier League matches to a streaming service, Amazon Prime.

Premier League boss Richard Scudamore to quit before end of year. Thursday 7th June 2018 18:00 BST.

Chelsea FC chairman Bruce Buck said Mr Scudamore had "led the Premier League with distinction".

Under Mr Scudamore's leadership, the Premier League has enjoyed a period of sustained growth, culminating in its last UK TV deal which brought in £5.14bn.

Sky News sports editor Nick Powell said Mr Scudamore's decision to quit had "come out of the blue".

"Richard Scudamore has been the face of the Premier League for the best part of two decades," he added.

Powell said it was "major achievement" to have lasted at the helm of the Premier League for nearly 20 years given the complex commercial interests involved in English football.

Sydney club confirms Smith for summer .
Sutherland has confirmed that banned Australian cricketer and former captain Steve Smith will play for them in the Sydney grade competition in 2018/19.Smith is serving a 12-month ban for his role in the ball-tampering scandal during the tour of South Africa, which also saw David Warner suspended for 12 months and Cameron Bancroft nine months.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!