Tech & Science How to increase your microphone volume on Windows 10, so others can hear you better through your computer
How to change the refresh rate on a Windows 10 computer, to improve your viewing or gaming experience
You can change the refresh rate on Windows 10 to adjust the clarity of your computer screen's picture. When you raise the refresh rate on a Windows 10 computer, it will increase the frames per second on your screen, making for a smoother viewing or gaming experience. Here's how to change your refresh rate on Windows 10.Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.The refresh rate on your computer is something you might not even notice or think about on a day-to-day basis, but it does make a big difference in what you see on the screen.The refresh rate indicates how often your computer screen refreshes, or shows a new picture.
- You can increase the mic volume on when others are having difficulty hearing you through your computer.
- To increase your microphone volume, navigate to the Sounds icon in the bottom bar of your screen - when you click through, you'll be able to adjust a few different microphone and volume properties.
With working from home becoming, the ability to talk with colleagues over a computer is especially important.
But there are often communication issues with online chats, and you should know your way around quick fixes in case technical difficulties arise. For this reason,has an easy way for you to adjust your microphone volume when others can't hear you.
How to turn off the mouse acceleration feature on a Windows 10 computer, to get more accuracy with your mouse
You can turn off mouse acceleration in Windows 10 if you don't find the feature helpful. Mouse acceleration is a feature that changes the rate at which your mouse pointer moves based on the speed you're moving the mouse - which can harm accuracy when playing games. To disable mouse acceleration, open the mouse settings and turn off "Enhance pointer precision."Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.In principle, mouse acceleration is a helpful feature in Windows 10 - it proportionally increases the movement of your mouse pointer based on the speed with which you move it across the screen.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to increase your mic volume on
1. Right-click the Sounds icon in the bottom bar of your desktop. It looks like a single speaker.
2. Click on the "Recording devices" tab when the Sounds window opens.
3. You'll see your internal microphone plus any other microphones installed. The top microphone should be your default internal mic.
4. Right click on that microphone and scroll down to "Properties" in the right-click menu. You could also click on "Properties" at the bottom of the pop-up.
5. In the properties pop-up, click on the "Levels" tab. This will show you the mic volume and boost sliders.
How to disable the touchpad on your Windows 10 laptop in 3 ways
You can disable the touchpad on your Windows 10 laptop easily if it stops working, or you decide to use an external mouse. Disabling the touchpad can be done through Windows 10's Settings app, the Device Manager, and possibly with your computer's keyboard.But your touchpad can also get in the way. If you're typing and find yourself accidentally swiping the touchpad with your arm by mistake, or if you simply prefer to use an external mouse, you might want to disable your touchpad temporarily or permanently.
6. Grab the top slider to raise the volume.
7. Grab the bottom slider to raise Microphone Boost - though be careful with this one, it may actually make it harder for others to hear you. Test it with someone first to make sure.
8. Click on Apply and then OK at the bottom to confirm the new volume. If the "Apply" button doesn't show itself available, likely the changes will be confirmed just by clicking on "OK."
Related coverage from:
How to change your screen resolution in Windows 10 to customise your display .
You can change your screen resolution in Windows 10 at any time via the Display Settings menu. Windows 10 offers more than a dozen different screen options to choose from. Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.Whether you're playing a game, visiting a website that looks better in a certain resolution, or you simply prefer your computer screen to have a particular layout, Windows 10 allows you to customise your screen resolution to your liking.While the standard and recommended screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, there are actually 16 resolutions to choose from based on your personal preference.
How to Fix Low Microphone Volume - make your mic louder in Windows 10 (2019)
This video tutorial tells you how to make your mic louder, increase and boost the output level of your microphone in Windows 10, this tutorial is very useful if the ...
How To Instantly Improve Microphone Quality Without Additional Software (Windows 10/8.1/7)
A lot of people don't have a ton of money to purchase a mic, so they might as well get the most out of what they have for Free! *RESULTS MAY VARY MIC TO ...