World: British father dies in mystery fire at Facebook data centre in Denmark where he worked amid rumours blaze was caused by a gas explosion - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

WorldBritish father dies in mystery fire at Facebook data centre in Denmark where he worked amid rumours blaze was caused by a gas explosion

06:51  14 june  2019
06:51  14 june  2019 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Barbecue fire destroys Gold Coast home

Barbecue fire destroys Gold Coast home A barbecue on a balcony is responsible for a fire that came close to burning a Gold Coast home to the ground. The Reedy Creek home went up in flames about 6pm yesterday, with everywhere but the garage totally destroyed. © Nine The fire was so intense the entire house was destroyed. A mum and her children were at home when the blaze began, but they managed to escape in time. Firefighter Mark Bennetts praised the work of the first emergency responders on the scene. © Nine A barbecue fire sparked an inferno that destroyed a Gold Coast home.

British father dies in mystery fire at Facebook data centre in Denmark where he worked amid rumours blaze was caused by a gas explosion© SWNS A British father-of-three has died in a mystery fire while working at a Facebook data centre in Denmark.

Jon Gore, 48, was employed by a British firm providing fire prevention material when the blaze broke out – following a possible gas explosion.

Mr Gore, of Rochester in Kent, died on May 20, the day before he was due to fly home from the city of Odense.

Weeks later Mr Gore's parents, Brian and Rita, have received no explanation from Danish authorities.

British father dies in mystery fire at Facebook data centre in Denmark where he worked amid rumours blaze was caused by a gas explosion© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Mr Gore was killed as he was working in the data centre when the fire broke out They paid £5,000 to repatriate his body and are now waiting for a post mortem examination and an inquest in the UK to provide answers.

Mayfair Fire: Dozens Of Firefighters Tackle Huge Blaze At Central London Restaurant

Mayfair Fire: Dozens Of Firefighters Tackle Huge Blaze At Central London Restaurant Around 60 firefighters have been tackling a fire at a Michelin-star restaurant in central London as black smoke was seen billowing from the building across the capital. The blaze broke out at a building in Albemarle Street in Mayfair at about 4pm on Thursday, with video footage on social media showing firefighters entering the Gymkhana Indian restaurant. © London Fire Brigade One witness said people had to take cover while ash fell from the sky. Police confirmed no one was trapped inside the restaurant. We now have eight fire engines and around 60 firefighters at the fire at a restaurant in #Mayfairhttps://t.

His father said: 'It's been like banging your head against a brick wall. Nobody seems to care. It just seems he is dead, wrap him up and send him home.

'He lived on the site where he was found but we have no idea what he was doing in that room when he was preparing to come home.'

British father dies in mystery fire at Facebook data centre in Denmark where he worked amid rumours blaze was caused by a gas explosion© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Parents Brian and Rita Gorehope a post mortem and inquest will provide answers over their son's death Mr Gore, from Rochester, had also messaged his two younger children, aged 13 and 11, organising to meet them.

The divorcee had told family he was coming home 'for good' after coming to the end of his contract, on the island off the Danish mainland, which started in September.

Facebook have been approached for a comment.

House gutted by fire in Sydney’s west.
Two people have escaped an intense housefire in Sydney’s west this morning. Emergency services were called to the property on Fowler Road, Merrylands West just after 5am today and found the top floor of the two-storey house alight. © 9News A fire completely engulfed the second storey of a home in Sydney's west early this morning. “There was a lot of difficulty gaining access to the first floor because the staircase had collapsed so we had to pull crews out and go a defensive strategy,” NSW Fire and Rescue’s Joe Zaouk told 9News.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 17
This is interesting!