•   
  •   

World 41 American troops identified so far from remains returned by North Korea

08:55  26 october  2019
08:55  26 october  2019 Source:   foxnews.com

Rex Patrick calls for Australia to withdraw troops from Middle East

  Rex Patrick calls for Australia to withdraw troops from Middle East Centre Alliance senator Rex Patrick has told Sky News that Australia should withdraw troops from the Middle East and bring them home to bolster Australia against China. "We need to turn our mind to a rising power in this area," Mr Patrick said. "The Department of Defence exists for the purpose of deterrence."Mr Patrick said his call to remove troops from the Middle East was partly driven by Trump’s abrupt decision to withdraw US troops from Syria, which he said “came pretty much as a surprise to Australia.” He called President Donald Trump an “erratic” ally “at the very best.

SEOUL, South Korea — At least 41 American troops have been identified among the remains returned from North Korea last year, officials said Friday, paving the way North Korea turned over 55 cases of bones and artifacts to the United States in July 2018, weeks after its leader, Kim Jong Un.

Dozens of American soldiers have been identified so far from the 55 boxes of remains and artifacts sent back home from North Korea last year after a historic meeting between Hermit Kingdom leader Kim Jong Un and President Trump, Defense Department officials announced Friday.

Dozens of American soldiers have been identified so far from the 55 boxes of remains and artifacts sent back home from North Korea last year after a historic meeting between Hermit Kingdom leader Kim Jong Un and President Trump, Defense Department officials announced Friday.

The boxes were handed over as part of an agreement between Trump and Kim following the June 2018 summit. Inside, Pentagon officials said they've found several pairs of boots, two helmets, several canteen bottles, dozens of buttons, buckles, a bayonet handle and a dog tag, amongst other items.

Kim orders South's buildings at resort in North be destroyed

  Kim orders South's buildings at resort in North be destroyed SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un ordered the destruction of South Korean-made hotels and other tourist facilities at the North's Diamond Mountain resort, apparently because Seoul won't defy international sanctions and resume South Korean tours at the site.  Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency said Wednesday that Kim had visited the resort and described its facilities as "shabby" and lacking national character. The report said Kim criticized North Korea's policies pushed under his late father as too dependent on the South and vowed that the North would redevelop the site on its own.

SEOUL, South Korea — At least 41 American troops have been identified among the remains returned from North Korea last year, officials said Friday, paving the way North Korea turned over 55 cases of bones and artifacts to the United States in July 2018, weeks after its leader, Kim Jong Un

Trump used his remarks Friday to tout his administration's achievements for African Americans, noting his efforts on criminal justice reform and the record-low unemployment rate among African Americans. 41 American troops identified so far from remains returned by North Korea .

“We are up to 41,” Air Force Lt. Col. Kenneth Hoffman told Stars and Stripes Friday when asked how many sets of the remains have been identified.

a cake sitting on top of a table: Military items found among apparent remains of U.S. soldiers returned by North Korea. © FoxNews.com Military items found among apparent remains of U.S. soldiers returned by North Korea. One soldier whose identity was revealed this week is Army Cpl. Lloyd B. Odom, of Odessa, Mo. The 19-year-old was reported missing in action on Dec. 2, 1950, during the Korean War’s Battle of the Chosin Reservoir, according to Stars and Stripes.

He is now set to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery at an undetermined date.

Two other soldiers recently identified were Cpl. Charles H. Grubb, of West Virginia, and Sgt. James Ernest Smith, of Kansas, Stars and Stripes reports.

Army Master Sgt. Charles H. McDaniel – another soldier whose remains were returned – was identified after officials found his dog tag in the boxes. 

“We can’t speculate at this point about how many more soldiers may be identified,” Hoffman said.

More than 7,800 Americans remain unaccounted for from the war and the remains of more than 5,000 Americans are believed to be located in North Korea, according to officials.

Fox News’ Nicole Darrah and Lucas Tomlinson contributed to this report.

Bendigo woman arrested and charged with child stealing .
A woman who forged documents to become an au pair is arrested for allegedly kidnapping two girls aged four and 10 months.The 31-year-old woman was arrested by Bendigo Sexual Offences and Child Abuse detectives and charged on Friday with two counts of child stealing and stating a false name.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!