•   
  •   

World Adviser quit over Prince Andrew's decision to be interviewed

16:45  17 november  2019
16:45  17 november  2019 Source:   news.sky.com

Dame Helen Mirren says meeting the Queen was a 'lesson in embarrassment'

  Dame Helen Mirren says meeting the Queen was a 'lesson in embarrassment' According to Dame Helen Mirren, she was given a "lesson in embarrassment" during a meeting with Queen Elizabeth. The 74-year-old actress - who starred as the British monarch in 2006's 'The Queen' - has admitted she completely forgot to follow royal protocol when she was invited to have tea with the Queen. She recalled: "She invited me for tea. I thought it was going to be in a room with 200 other people, which it often is. I've met her once before and it was in a room with 200 other people. "So I said, 'Oh well I can manage that.

One of Prince Andrew ' s public relations advisers left his role over the royal' s decision to take part in an interview in which he would be quizzed about sex allegations, Sky News can confirm. Most of the prince 's advisers wanted him to do the interview , but one did not, Sky News has been told.

One of Prince Andrew ' s public relations advisers left his role over the royal' s decision to take part in an interview in which he would be quizzed about sex allegations, Sky News can confirm. Most of the prince 's advisers wanted him to do the interview , but one did not, Sky News has been told.

One of Prince Andrew's public relations advisers quit over the royal's decision to take part in an interview in which he would be quizzed about sex allegations, Sky News can confirm.

Most of his advisers wanted him to do the interview, but one did not, Sky News has been told.

Jason Stein resigned over the duke's decision to agree to the interview and it is understood he left two weeks ago by "mutual consent".

When he spoke to BBC's Newsnight programme, the prince claimed he was in Pizza Express on a night he is accused of having sex with a 17-year-old girl - and suggested a photo of them together may have been doctored.

Piers Morgan goes after Harry and Meghan again

  Piers Morgan goes after Harry and Meghan again Piers Morgan has again launched a tirade against the Duchess of Sussex, this time accusing her of playing the 'victim card' off the back of the African royal tour documentary. Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, embarked on their first official tour as a family to Africa on Sept. 23, 2019. They are visiting South Africa along with their son baby Archie.

Most of the prince ' s advisers wanted him to do the interview , but one did not, Sky News has been told. Jason Stein went over the duke' s decision to agree to the interview and it is understood he left two weeks ago by "mutual consent". When he spoke to BBC' s Newsnight programme, the prince

One of Prince Andrew ' s public relations advisers left his role over the royal' s decision to take part in an interview in which he would be quizzed about sex allegations, Sky News can confirm. Most of the prince 's advisers wanted him to do the interview , but one did not, Sky News has been told.

The Duke of York told the BBC he did not regret his friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, saying: "The people that I met and the opportunities that I was given to learn either by him or because of him were actually very useful."

The royal's friendship with the disgraced American billionaire, who died in prison earlier this year, has led Buckingham Palace to issue a number of unexpected statements in the past four years, culminating in Saturday's unprecedented interview with BBC's Newsnight which was approved by the Queen.

The friendship allegedly led to him being introduced in 2001 to Virginia Roberts-Giuffre, who says she was trafficked by Epstein as a teenager and forced to have sex with his friends.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle release new photo of Archie Harrison for Prince Charles' birthday

  Prince Harry and Meghan Markle release new photo of Archie Harrison for Prince Charles' birthday Prince Harry and Meghan Markle release new photo of Archie Harrison for Prince Charles' birthdayThe couple also revealed Charles' nicknames in the touching caption, saying: "Happy birthday to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales - Sir, Pa, Grandpa!"

'Forensic' BBC Newsnight interview with Prince Andrew , 59, aired on Saturday. Prince Andrew ' s PR guru Jason Stein ' quit two weeks ago' Sources close to Andrew have said there are questions over the veracity of the photo, amid claims the hand round his accuser's waist does 'not look right.' A source close to the now mother-of-three told The Mail on Sunday: 'The interview was totally lacking

Prince Andrew has cancelled a trip to Bahrain as the fallout over his relationship with Jeffrey According to the Daily Mail, Ms Thirsk was the driving force behind Prince Andrew ' s Newsnight She will also manage the Duke of York Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award after he quit his life as a working

Ms Roberts-Giuffre claims she and Prince Andrew dined and danced together at a nightclub in London before going on to have sex.

She said she remembered him sweating during their encounter.

But the duke, who denies ever meeting Ms Roberts-Giuffre, said in the interview that he had a "peculiar medical condition" which prevented him from sweating.

"I didn't sweat at the time because I had suffered what I would describe as an overdose of adrenaline in the Falklands War when I was shot at and I simply... it was almost impossible for me to sweat."

Instead he said he had been at Pizza Express in Woking that evening before going home.

He said: "I was with the children and I'd taken [daughter Princess] Beatrice to a Pizza Express in Woking for a party at, I suppose, sort of 4pm or 5pm in the afternoon."

When asked why he would remember a meal at Pizza Express 18 years later, he said: "Because going to Pizza Express in Woking is an unusual thing for me to do, a very unusual thing for me to do."

Prince Andrew speaks publicly about his relationship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein for the first time in a 'no holds barred, no questions vetted' Buckingham Palace interview with the BBC's Emily Maitlis

  Prince Andrew speaks publicly about his relationship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein for the first time in a 'no holds barred, no questions vetted' Buckingham Palace interview with the BBC's Emily Maitlis Andrew has been interviewed by Newsnight's Emily Maitlis and will be broadcast on BBC2 at 9pm on Saturday. Ms Maitlis said it was a 'no holds barred interview - no questions vetted'.The Duke of York was interviewed by Newsnight's Emily Maitlis at Buckingham Palace last night and the show: 'Prince Andrew & the Epstein Scandal' will be broadcast on BBC 2 at 9pm on Saturday.

Prince Andrew , who is the Queen' s third child, has been facing questions for several months over his ties to Epstein, a 66-year-old American financier Challenged on his decision to stay at the home of a convicted sex offender, the prince said: "It was a convenient place to stay. "I mean I've gone through

Britain’ s Prince Andrew has reportedly been summoned by the US Justice Department to answer questions about his relationship with deceased The royal had pledged during a BBC Newsnight interview in November that he would help with the US investigation if his “legal advice was to do so.”

Ms Roberts-Giuffre has claimed they went on to have sex on two other occasions - allegations the duke denies.

He was also asked about a photo of him and Ms Roberts-Giuffre, where he is pictured with his arm around her waist.

The photo was allegedly taken by Epstein at the house of the prince's friend, Ghislaine Maxwell, in London in March 2001.

He said: "Nobody can prove whether or not that photograph has been doctored but I don't recollect that photograph ever being taken."

Regarding his hand being on the young woman's waist, he said: "I am not one to, as it were, hug, and public displays of affection are not something that I do... I don't believe that photograph was taken in the way that has been suggested."

He added: "That's me but whether that's my hand or whether that's the position I… but I don't… I have simply no recollection of the photograph ever being taken.

"We can't be certain that it's my hand on her left side."

When asked if he could have had sex with her or any young woman trafficked by Epstein, he said: "No, and without putting too fine a point on it, if you're a man it is a positive act to have sex with somebody.

Psychic Medium Jackie Gillies predicts more royal babies

  Psychic Medium Jackie Gillies predicts more royal babies Real Housewives of Melbourne and Psychic Medium, Jackie Gillies, is no stranger to sharing her "gift" in the public eye and this time, before her Shine It Up Tour, shares her predictions for the royal family. And whatever your stance is on psychics, the 38-year-old has made even some of the biggest sceptics in the country turn their heads in amazement.From just her stint on "I'm a Celeb..." in 2018 alone, the Newcastle local made headlines for an on-air reading she did with model and camp-mate Simone Holtznagel, channelling the late Charlotte Dawson, who tragically took her life in 2014 at just 47.

Prince Andrew was seen for the first time this week since a highly-criticised BBC interview leaving His media adviser was so against the interview , he quit two weeks before it went to air. Prince Andrew ' s lawyers at odds with US prosecutors over Duke of York's apparent failure to co-operate in

Downing Street adviser Andrew Sabisky has resigned after a string of controversial posts were uncovered - including raising "very real racial differences Prince Andrew hits out at US investigators over Epstein interview request - Продолжительность: 4:50 Sky News 88 613 просмотров.

"You have to take some sort of positive action and so therefore if you try to forget, it's very difficult to try and forget a positive action and I do not remember anything."

As well as denying having sex with the 17-year-old, the duke has also denied knowing anything about Epstein's crimes against underage girls prior to his conviction.

The duke had travelled to Epstein's mansion in New York in 2010 after Epstein's release from jail, saying he intended to break off their friendship.

But he has been criticised for staying at the mansion - and remaining there for what was reported to have been four days - following footage of him looking out of the door.

He said: "It was a convenient place to stay... at the end of the day, with a benefit of all the hindsight that one can have, it was definitely the wrong thing to do but at the time I felt it was the honourable and right thing to do."

Asked if he now had a sense of "guilt, regret or shame" about his friendship with Epstein, the duke said he did regret that Epstein had "quite obviously conducted himself in a manner unbecoming", to which Maitlis replied: "Unbecoming? He was a sex offender."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm being polite, I mean in the sense that he was a sex offender," he replied.

Lawyers for Ms Roberts-Giuffre have said the duke could not have been with Epstein without knowing about the man's illegal activities.

But the duke said there were "a lot of people walking around Jeffrey Epstein's house", adding that because of his royal background he presumed "they were staff".

The duke also said he was unaware that an arrest warrant had been issued for Epstein when the billionaire attended the 18th birthday party of Princess Beatrice in 2006 with his ex-partner Ghislaine Maxwell.

When asked if he would be willing to testify or give a statement under oath, he said he would have to take legal advice but if this was affirmative then he would be "duty bound to do so".

He said the scandal had not been "damaging" to the Queen but that it had been to him, adding: "If I was in a position to be able to answer all these questions in a way that gave sensible answers other than the ones that I have given that gave closure then I'd love it but I'm afraid I can't."

Royals wrap up New Zealand tour .
Prince Charles and Camilla have concluded their six-day New Zealand tour. © Kai Schwoerer/Getty Images Camilla and Prince Charles. The Heir to the throne spent the day visiting South Island tourist town Kaikoura, which was ravaged by a major earthquake three years ago.The pair were met with a traditional welcome ceremony and took a coastal walk on the South Island.

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!