•   
  •   

World Queen cancels Prince Andrew's 60th birthday party in wake of disastrous Newsnight interview amid claims Royal household is 'aggrieved' at suggestions she sanctioned it

05:25  24 november  2019
05:25  24 november  2019 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Prince Andrew Says He Has ‘No Recollection’ Of Meeting Jeffrey Epstein Accuser Virginia Roberts

  Prince Andrew Says He Has ‘No Recollection’ Of Meeting Jeffrey Epstein Accuser Virginia Roberts The Duke of York has said he has “no recollection” of meeting the woman who claims she was forced into a sexual encounter with him. Prince Andrew also said that he “let the side down” over his relationship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein as he gave a “no holds barred” interview with BBC Two’s Newsnight programme. During the interview, filmed at Buckingham Palace on Thursday, the duke faced questions about his links with the disgraced financier, who was found dead in his prison cell in New York earlier this year where he was being held on sex trafficking charges.

Andrew ' s 60 th birthday party in wake of disastrous Newsnight interview as Royal sources say she is ' aggrieved ' at claims she sanctioned it . Queen is said to be arranging a small family dinner instead for her youngest son. It comes days after she effectively sacked him from his royal duties.

Prince Andrew , 59, said he had asked the Queen for permission to withdraw for the "foreseeable future". He said he deeply sympathised with sex offender Epstein' s victims and everyone who "wants some form of closure". The duke has faced a growing backlash following BBC Newsnight ’ s interview

The Queen has scrapped plans to host a party for Prince Andrew to mark his 60th birthday in February.

Instead, the monarch is said to be arranging a small family dinner for the Duke, according to The Sunday Times. His birthday is on February 19.

The news comes just days after the Queen effectively sacked him from his royal duties at the behest of her eldest son in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

It has also emerged that Andrew's bungled BBC Newsnight interview was not sanctioned in advance by the Queen.

Elizabeth II wearing a hat: The Queen has scrapped plans to host a party for Prince Andrew to mark his 60th birthday in February. Instead, the monarch is said to be arranging a small family dinner for the Duke© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited The Queen has scrapped plans to host a party for Prince Andrew to mark his 60th birthday in February. Instead, the monarch is said to be arranging a small family dinner for the Duke

'The Queen did not give her approval. The fact that notion has somehow been put about has aggrieved people in the [royal] households.

'I can’t sweat' the most extraordinary claims made by Prince Andrew during BBC's Newsnight

  'I can’t sweat' the most extraordinary claims made by Prince Andrew during BBC's Newsnight The Duke of York has addressed his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein for the first time during Saturday's BBC Newsnight interview.Financier Epstein, 66, was found dead in his prison cell in New York earlier this year where he was being held on sex trafficking charges.Virginia Giuffre, formerly known as Virginia Roberts, is one of 16 women who says she was abused by Epstein, and also named Andrew in previous court papers.She claims she was forced into a sexual encounter with Andrew when she was 17 years old, an allegation he denies.

Andrew was stripped of royal duties yesterday amid anger over his links to billionaire paedo Jeffrey Mrs Smith said today she believed it was the right thing for Andrew to step down from royal duties over the Prince Andrew is facing a growing crisis following a car-crash interview on BBC Newsnight

SCANDAL-ridden Prince Andrew smiled today as he was seen for the first time since the Queen sensationally sacked him. The Duke of York, 59, put on a brave face just hours after releasing a bombshell statement revealing he was stepping down from his royal duties.

'Andrew had a son-to-mother conversation, letting her know that he was planning to address the controversy, but without going into any details... What should have happened was the full palace process,' a royal source told the Sunday Times.

Meanwhile, royal author Penny Junor said to the paper: 'He's absolutely finished. If Andrew is no longer representing or supporting the monarch in any capacity, or doing good charitably, what's the point of him?'

The Queen is said to be 'privately supportive' of her second son but also 'deeply frustrated' that the scandal is overshadowing the rest of the family's work.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York et al. standing next to a person in a suit and tie: The news comes just days after the Queen effectively sacked him from his royal duties at the behest of her eldest son in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited The news comes just days after the Queen effectively sacked him from his royal duties at the behest of her eldest son in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal

The Duke of York, widely reputed to be the favourite of her three sons, has been under scrutiny over his friendship with Epstein for several years.

'Disastrous' and 'excruciating': Reaction to Prince Andrew's interview

  'Disastrous' and 'excruciating': Reaction to Prince Andrew's interview "Disastrous" and "excruciating" are just some of the words being used to describe an unprecedented interview given by Prince Andrew to address his friendship with American sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. © PA The Duke of York spoke about his links to Jeffrey Epstein in an interview with BBC Newsnight's Emily Maitlis The Duke of York was grilled on the BBC's Newsnight about his links to the convicted paedophile, who died in prison earlier this year, and allegations that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl.

Andrew was stripped of royal duties yesterday amid anger over his links to billionaire paedo Jeffrey “There is a genuine fury because she was the driving force behind the Newsnight interview and the “ She introduced Andrew to Epstein, took money off him and she was also pushing for Andrew to do

Prince Andrew ' s attempts to defend himself in a disastrous BBC Newsnight interview were Prince Andrew latest news: Prince Andrew released a statement saying he had stepped back from public duties. Andrew parties in unearthed pics despite claiming 'he avoids PDAs & can't sweat'.

He is currently preparing to give up all his charity commitments in a sign that he is unlikely ever to resume royal duties.

Now eighth-in-line to the throne, Andrew quit as Britain's roving trade ambassador in 2011 after being lambasted for his links to the financier following Epstein's jailing in 2008 for child sex offences.

Then in 2015, one of Epstein's accusers, Virginia Giuffre, said she was forced to have sex with Andrew in London, New York and on a private Caribbean island between 1999 and 2002, when she says Epstein kept her as a 'sex slave'.

Andrew first meets Epstein, reportedly introduced through his friendship with Ghislaine Maxwell, the daughter of newspaper tycoon Robert Maxwell.

Earlier this week, a senior British lawyer warned that Andrew could be arrested and trapped in America if he jets across the Atlantic to speak to the FBI.

US officials are examining procedures for a formal FBI interview with Andrew in Britain, and a source close to the Duke said he would be 'happy to co-operate'.

The Project's Lisa Wilkinson takes a swipe at Prince Andrew after bombshell interview over his friendship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein

  The Project's Lisa Wilkinson takes a swipe at Prince Andrew after bombshell interview over his friendship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein Lisa Wilkinson slammed Prince Andrew after he spoke publicly for the first time about his links to convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.The Duke of York sat down with Emily Maitlis on BBC Newsnight over the weekend to break his silence on his links with the disgraced financier.

In 2015, Prince Andrew was named in court papers as part of a US civil case against Epstein. The Prince , who is the Queen ’ s third child, also answers questions about the allegations made against him by one of Epstein’ s victims, and discusses the impact of the scandal on the Royal family and his work.

Embattled Andrew was yesterday stripped of his royal duties and £249,000 sovereign grant in the wake of a car-crash Newsnight interview over his relationship with paedo Epstein. Piers said it is "entirely wrong" for the prince to maintain his title and the "entitled sycophantic treatment that goes

In his BBC interview, Andrew categorically denied the sex claims and gave a series of explanations as to why her account was not true.

He said her account of meeting him sweating and dancing almost two decades ago at a London nightclub before having sex with him could not be true, noting that he suffered from a medical condition that stopped him perspiring.

He also said that on the night he was alleged to have met her he was at home with his family after visiting a Pizza Express restaurant in the commuter town of Woking with his daughter Beatrice.

The explanations provoked derision and ridicule in newspapers and social media.

Jeffrey Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell posing for the camera: The Duke of York, widely reputed to be the favourite of her three sons, has been under scrutiny over his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein for several years. (Epstein is pictured with Ghislaine Maxwell in New York in 2005)© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited The Duke of York, widely reputed to be the favourite of her three sons, has been under scrutiny over his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein for several years. (Epstein is pictured with Ghislaine Maxwell in New York in 2005)

Prince Andrew's withdrawal from public life over the Jeffrey Epstein scandal means that all 200 of his charities will need to seek new patrons.

The Queen ordered the Duke of York to step down in an attempt to contain the fall-out from his disastrous TV interview about his friendship with the paedophile billionaire.

It comes as ten of the 35 worldwide sponsors of Andrew's beloved Pitch@Palace charity pulled the plug on their support and funding.

After his sacking, palace sources confirmed charities he was affiliated with would no longer receive his patronage.


Prince Andrew: Met Police defend decision to drop investigation .
Police have defended the decision not to pursue a full investigation of the allegations made against Prince Andrew. © Rex Features An image appearing to show Prince Andrew and a 17-year-old Virginia Roberts in London in March 2001. Pic: Rex/Shutterstock Virginia Roberts-Giuffre says she was trafficked by convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and allegedly had sex with Prince Andrew in 2001 when she was 17 years old.The prince has repeatedly denied he had "any form of sexual contact or relationship" with Mrs Roberts-Giuffre, adding "any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation".

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 4
This is interesting!