•   
  •   

World 'We can move on': Muslim community relief as mosque gunman pleads guilty

05:45  26 march  2020
05:45  26 march  2020 Source:   msn.com

He Took a Bullet to Save His Son in Christchurch. Can They Ever Heal?

  He Took a Bullet to Save His Son in Christchurch. Can They Ever Heal? CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand — He often sees his 3-year-old son thrashing at the world, screaming “I want to go home” and covering his eyes to avoid glimpsing anyone resembling the Muslim men who were shot beside him. He often sees his 3-year-old son thrashing at the world, screaming “I want to go home” and covering his eyes to avoid glimpsing anyone resembling the Muslim men who were shot beside him.

The Australian man who killed 51 Muslims during the Christchurch mosque massacre has pleaded guilty to all charges. Brenton Tarrant, 29, appeared via video-link in the High Court at Christchurch on Thursday morning where he admitted to carrying out the attack on March 15, last year.

A man accused of deadly attacks on mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch a year ago has pleaded guilty to 51 charges of murder. The shootings on 15 March 2019 began when the gunman drove to the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, entered the building and began shooting.

a sign above a store: Watch: Police Commissioner Mike Bush reacts to the guilty pleas. © Video - Newshub; Image - Getty Watch: Police Commissioner Mike Bush reacts to the guilty pleas. WARNING: This story contains details that may be distressing for some readers

A man who was shot three times in the leg and is receiving ongoing treatment following last year's Christchurch mosque shooting says he feels relief at Thursday's guilty pleas.

"It is something that the victims and the families don't have to go through a lengthy court trial," Feroze Ditta told Newshub. "We can move on."

The man who committed the mosque attacks, 29-year-old accused gunman, pleaded not guilty to all charges last year but on Thursday changed those pleas - admitting he was the lone gunman.

Hobart City Mission ‘digs deep’ to help fight Hobart’s homelessness crisis

  Hobart City Mission ‘digs deep’ to help fight Hobart’s homelessness crisis As Hobart’s homeless crisis worsens, Hobart City Mission Chief Executive John Stubley says it is now time “for us to dig deep into our coffers and give it back into the community”. Due to the reality of homelessness and the current crisis in the Hobart rental housing market, the Salvation Army and Hobart City Mission have banded together to create a safe night space to provide emergency relief. “Going into last winter it was a real shock to the Hobart community to see people on the street corner begging or sleeping in shop fronts,” he said.“We had literally not seen that before in Hobart”.

An Australian man accused of killing dozens of people at two Mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, plead guilty to charges of murder, attempted murder and terrorism The 29-year-old lone gun man was accused of targeting Muslim Friday prayers in Christchurch on March 15, in an attack broadcast

A man adjusts flowers left this month at the Masjid An-Nur mosque on the anniversary of the worst mass shooting in New Zealand's history.Credit Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images.

Fifty-one people were killed and 49 injured at Christchurch's Al Noor and Linwood Mosques on March 15, 2019, when the accused shooter - an Australian - opened fire during Friday prayers.

The accused shooter appeared in the Christchurch High Court via video link - maintaining a fixed stare as Justice Cameron Mander read the individual names relating to each charge. Al Noor Mosque Imam Gamal Fouda cried as the judge read them out.

Speaking to reporters in Wellington on Thursday afternoon, Police Commissioner Mike Bush acknowledged the courage and grief of victims. He labelled it a "milestone event".

"I have no doubt this plea will have an impact on all of you, and it will ensure you don't have to relive this through a court trial.

Evil 8 paedophile Alfred Impicciatore's appeal dismissed over notorious WA child abuse case

  Evil 8 paedophile Alfred Impicciatore's appeal dismissed over notorious WA child abuse case Alfred Impicciatore, one of the so-called Evil 8 paedophile ring, loses an appeal against his conviction for abusing a young girl in one of WA's most notorious child sex crimes. He had been given a sentence of more than nine years for sexually abusing the girl who was aged between 10 and 13 at the time. She was pimped out to several men by her father, who either remained while the abuse happened or participated in it.Seven men — including the father — pleaded guilty to charges laid in relation to the investigation into the abuse.Impicciatore, who was arrested in 2015, was the only one of the group to plead not guilty.

Members of the city’s Muslim community who were in the courtroom sobbed on Wednesday as the judge confirmed Alexandre Bissonnette’s guilty “If at least by pleading guilty I can do a little good in all this, that would be something.” Bissonnette did not explain why he had targeted the mosque but

A 65-year-old man who tackled a gunman who stormed a mosque in Norway is being hailed as a Irfan Mushtaq, board member of the mosque , said that minutes before the shooting on Sunday Muslims from the Al-Noor mosque had to move prayer to a hotel on the first day of Eid al-Adha due

Mike Bush wearing a suit and tie smiling at the camera © Provided by Newshub

"I'd also like to make mention of the very large prosecution team and all those involved in getting this to this particular point."

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the guilty pleas will "provide some relief to the many people whose lives were shattered by what happened on March 15".

"These guilty pleas and conviction bring accountability for what happened and also save the families who lost loved ones, those who were injured, and other witnesses, the ordeal of a trial," she said.

Victim Support, meanwhile, says it's pleased victims of the attacks no longer have to face the trauma of the trial, adding ongoing support is being given to hundreds who still need help to cope with the trauma and with rebuilding their lives.

A date has yet to be decided for the accused gunman to be sentenced. Justice Mander told the court that all who want to be there will be able to.

The courtroom was sparse on Thursday due to the COVID-19 lockdown.

The accused Christchurch gunman faced 51 charges of murder, 40 charges of attempted murder and one charge under the Terrorism Suppression Act.

On Thursday he was convicted and remanded in custody until May 1.


Former Sydney teacher Chris Dawson pleads not guilty to murder of wife Lynette .
Former Sydney teacher Chris Dawson has pleaded not guilty to his wife Lynette's murder in the NSW Supreme Court. Former Sydney teacher Chris Dawson has pleaded not guilty to his wife Lynette's murder in the Supreme Court.The 71-year-old faced a committal hearing earlier this year and has always denied killing his wife, who disappeared almost 40 years ago.Lynette Dawson was last seen on Sydney's northern beaches in 1982 and her body has never been found.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 2
This is interesting!