World Chartres Cathedral should receive 6.8 million euros as part of the recovery plan
Newmarch house records first COVID-19 case two months being declared virus-free
A resident at Newmarch House, the site of one of New South Wales’ deadliest COVID-19 outbreaks, has tested positive for the virus two months after the facility was declared virus free. © Provided by Sky News Australia A resident at the Anglicare-run home in Kingswood returned a 'weak positive' test on Monday after showing mild respiratory symptoms. NSW Health told Sky News the result “reflects past infection”.“It is not uncommon for patients who have recovered from past infection to have a positive result,” a representative said.“These patients are not infectious, and do not represent a risk to the community”.
Chartres Cathedral (Eure-et-Loir) is expected to benefit from 6.8 million euros from the government’s stimulus plan. This sum should make it possible to launch a call for tenders for the entire work to be carried out, rather than a two-stage restoration. A restoration campaign, launched in 2007, is still ongoing.
The state will devote 80.5 million euros of its stimulus plan to the restoration of 87 religious buildings, reportedon September 18. And the biggest endowment - 6.8 million euros - should go to the cathedral of ( ). underlines that a restoration campaign had already been launched in 2007.
Unemployment figures rise in Victoria as job growth picks up in all other states
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg says all states across Australia have enjoyed positive job growth except Victoria which lost 42,000 jobs during the month of August. © Provided by Sky News Australia He also revealed Victoria’s effective unemployment rate increased from 10.5 per cent to 13.1 per cent. “The situation in my state of Victoria remains very, very difficult and challenging," the Treasurer said. “We have seen over the last few months 458,000 new jobs created, with a particularly strong performance in NSW,” Mr Frydenberg said.
Thanks to this envelope, the restoration work of the thirteenth century decorations and the repair of stained glass windows will resume in 2021. The sum expected from the share of the government corresponds to what the regional curator of historic monuments had requested. She told the regional daily that this money would make it possible to bid for all the work, instead of splitting the operation in two, as initially planned.Belfry and bell tower pending
Many other works are to be considered for Notre-Dame de Chartres such as the belfry, the Jehan-de-Beauce bell tower or the south gate, underline the local actors.
The 6.8 million euros of the recovery plan would be added to the funds allocated by the Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs (Drac), which should make it possible to free up funds for other work in churches or castles in the sector.
Many cathedrals all over France will also receive state grants. Le Monde quotes Notre-Dame de l'Assomption in Clermont-Ferrand (Puy-de-Dôme), Saint-Cyr in Nevers (Nièvre), Sainte-Croix in Orléans (Loiret) or even Saint-Pierre in Beauvais (Oise). The government decided to create this envelope following the fires which affected the cathedralsand . Security work should also be carried out in certain monuments.
Fire at Notre-Dame: The Court of Auditors puts its nose into the (poor) management of donations .
The Court of Auditors has called for an administrative investigation in order to disentangle the responsibilities between the State, the Center des monuments nationaux and the 'bishopric on the cathedral © Francois Mori / AP / SIPA Notre-Dame de Paris under construction in September 2020 HERITAGE - The Court of Auditors has called for an administrative investigation in order to disentangle the responsibilities between the State, the Center des monuments nationals and the bishopric on the cathed