•   
  •   

World Landslide hits Vietnam army barracks, 22 soldiers missing

10:20  18 october  2020
10:20  18 october  2020 Source:   aljazeera.com

23 killed in central Mali attacks

  23 killed in central Mali attacks Twenty-three people were killed in central Mali in a series of attacks early Tuesday, officials said, in the deadliest ambush since military officers seized power in August. The presence of military officers in the upper echelons of Mali's government appears to have done little to stem the flow of attacks. Militants have killed 175 Malian soldiers over the past six months, according to the United Nations. And last week, suspected jihadists slaughtered five villagers in the central village of Farabougou. About 10 villagers were also kidnapped in the turbulent region on October 6.

At least 162 bodies have been found after a landslide at a jade mining site in northern Myanmar, officials say. Rescue work has continued all day for people still missing at the site in the No figure was given for the number of people still missing . Heavy rain continued all day during the rescue work.

United States Army Field Manuals are published by the United States Army 's Army Publishing Directorate. They contain detailed information and how-tos for procedures important to soldiers serving in the field. They are usually available to the public at low cost or free electronically.

A landslide early on Sunday left at least 22 soldiers missing in Vietnam’s central province of Quang Tri, the government said, as the Southeast Asian country battles the worst flooding in years.

a view of a city next to a body of water: Flooded villages are seen in Quang Tri province, Vietnam on October 13, 2020 [Ho Cau/VNA via Reuters] © Flooded villages are seen in Quang Tri province, Vietnam on October 13, 2020 [Ho Cau/VNA via Reuters... Flooded villages are seen in Quang Tri province, Vietnam on October 13, 2020 [Ho Cau/VNA via Reuters]

Intense rains since early October have caused floods and mudslides that have killed at least 64 people in central Vietnam, with more heavy rainfall expected over the next few days.

The landslide hit the barracks of a unit of Vietnam’s 4th Military Region, the government said in a statement on its website, days after another landslide killed 13 people, mostly soldiers, in the neighbouring province of Thua Thien Hue.

Nine rescuers dead after Vietnam landslide; heavy rains continue

  Nine rescuers dead after Vietnam landslide; heavy rains continue Nine members of a rescue team have been found dead after a bid to save workers from a hydropower plant engulfed by a landslide in central Vietnam, authorities said Thursday. A rescue team of 13 ran into difficulties, however, and nine members had been found dead. Images on state media showed hundreds of soldiers with excavators digging through thick mud to look for those still missing.Two storms in a week have brought devastating rains to parts of central and northern Vietnam, triggering landslides in mountainous areas.

Her car keys, barracks room key, identification card and wallet were later found in the armory room where she was working earlier in the day. Efforts to find Vanessa Guillen initially included more than 500 soldiers from the 3rd Cavalry Regiment searching on foot in training areas, barracks and across

MACHETE ATTACK - ' Soldier beheaded' in Woolwich machete attack. Dramatic footage has emerged of the suspected terrorist attack. Britain's top security

“We had another sleepless night,” a visibly emotional Phan Van Giang, Vietnam’s deputy defence minister, told reporters on Sunday.

State media reports said on Sunday water in rivers in Quang Tri province had risen to the highest levels in more than 20 years.

In Thua Thien Hue province, rescuers continued to battle driving rain as they searched for at least 15 construction workers missing and feared dead after a landslide at the start of the week in a mountainous area.

Heavy rain of up to 600 millimetres (24 inches) will continue in parts of central Vietnam until Wednesday, Vietnam’s weather agency said on Sunday.

Nagorno-Karabakh fighting rages as US hosts talks .
STEPANAKERT, Nagorno-Karabakh (AP) — Heavy fighting raged Friday over Nagorno-Karabakh even as top diplomats from Armenia and Azerbaijan traveled to Washington for negotiations on settling the neighboring countries' decades-long conflict. U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's scheduled talks with Armenia and Azerbaijan's foreign ministers follow two failed Russian attempts to broker a cease-fire in the worst outbreak of hostilities over the region for more than a quarter-century. © Provided by Associated Press People take refuge in a bomb shelter in Stepanakert, the separatist region of Nagorno-Karabakh, Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020.

usr: 1
This is interesting!