•   
  •   

World A 47-year-old man taken into custody, defense counsel ... update on the attack in Nice

12:40  30 october  2020
12:40  30 october  2020 Source:   liberation.fr

Windows 10 and Windows Server: Microsoft starts rollout of the 20H2 update

 Windows 10 and Windows Server: Microsoft starts rollout of the 20H2 update © DEFAULT_CREDIT Windows 10 20H2 alias October 2020 update (Image: ZDNet.de) It is currently only available for some users for installation. 20H2 is a rather small update with a few new functions. This includes a new look for the start menu. Microsoft has given the go-ahead for the October 2020 update for Windows 10 , also known as 20H2. The company is gradually rolling out the feature update, which will also be distributed for Windows Server with immediate effect.

A 47 - year - old man has been detained as part of an ongoing probe into a deadly attack at a church in Nice , France. BFM TV, citing police sources, said that the man taken into custody had been in contact with the suspect a day before he carried out the killings.

The attack in Mediterranean city of Nice was the third in less than two months that French authorities have attributed to Muslim extremists, including The imposing edifice is located half a mile (less than a kilometer) from the site where another attacker plowed a truck into a crowd on France's national day

Une attaque terroriste par un islamiste radicalisé a fait 3 morts dans l'église Notre Dame de Nice jeudi 29 octobre. © Arié Botbol A terrorist attack by a radicalized Islamist left 3 dead in the Notre Dame church in Nice Thursday October 29.

A 47-year-old man was taken into police custody Thursday evening as part of the investigation into the Nice attack, a judicial source said on Friday. He is suspected of having been in contact with the 21-year-old Tunisian who killed three people and injured several other , Thursday morning, in the Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption basilica in Nice, on the eve of the facts . A defense council is due to be held this Friday morning, according to Prime Minister Jean Castex. What do we know, at this stage, about what Emmanuel Macron has called “an Islamist terrorist attack”?

In the sleeping towers of Paris' vast business district

  In the sleeping towers of Paris' vast business district With a half-empty office floor and a whole team in quarantine, the new norm at one company in Paris illustrates the reality weighing on Europe's biggest business district. Normally a hive of activity and teeming with workers, shoppers and tourists, La Defense, on the French capital's western edge, is a shadow of its former self due to changes imposed by the coronavirus pandemic. On the 18th floor of the imposing Grande Arche building, half of Freelance.com's 1,200 square-metre (12,916 square-foot) office space is practically deserted. A room where 25 staff normally work is vacant and closed off for cleaning after one member tested positive for Covid-19.

The attack took place Thursday morning at the Notre Dame Basilica in the heart of the Mediterranean city. Terrorism investigators said the suspect entered the church and Tunisian court spokesman Mohsen Dali said the suspect is 21- year - old Brahim Aouissaoui, who left Tunisia by boat in September.

Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi confirmed that ‘everything about the incident’ suggested a terrorist attack . At least two of the victims, a man and woman, 70 The suspected knifeman was arrested and taken to hospital after he was shot by police at the scene. Mr Estrosi told reporters that the ‘Islamo-fascist’ had

What happened in Nice on Thursday?

A young man armed with a knife killed three people on Thursday morning in a few minutes in the Notre-Dame de l'Assomption church in Nice: the sacristan of the basilica, aged 55, a sexagenarian and a forties of Brazilian nationality. The national anti-terrorism prosecution was seized in the wake. The assailant "entered the basilica and stayed there for a little less than half an hour," national counterterrorism prosecutor Jean-François Ricard told a press conference Thursday evening in Nice. One of the victims, who died of her injuries soon after, fled through the left side of the building. Alerted, the municipal police intervened and found themselves facing the killer in the hallway of this side entrance to the church. "This man had advanced towards them in a threatening manner, shouting 'Allah Akbar', then forcing them to use first an electric pulse pistol and then fire several times with their service weapon," he said. reported Jean-François Ricard. Fourteen bullet cases will be found on the ground. The seriously injured suspect is taken to hospital. "His vital prognosis remains currently engaged," said the magistrate. "This attack was aimed at very ordinary parishioners who came to pray very quietly", declared on the spot Mgr Eric de Moulins-Beaufort, president of the Conference of the bishops of France.

World leaders, Christian figures decry attack at Nice church

  World leaders, Christian figures decry attack at Nice church World offers solidarity and support to France after an attacker killed three people.Three people were killed by a man armed with a knife in what investigators are treating as “an act of terrorism”.

Nice attacker is a 21- year - old man of Tunisian origin, French media says. Significance of today being Prophet Muhammad’s birthday. The incident in Avignon happened on the same morning at least three people were killed in a church in Nice , whose mayor has described the knife attack as terrorism.

An 18- year - old immigrant of Chechen origin who was the principal suspect in the murder was shot and killed It is believed that the children in custody were not aware of Anzorov's terrorist plans. We are committed to protecting your personal information and we have updated our Privacy Policy to comply

What do we know about the attacker?

The alleged perpetrator of the attack is a 21-year-old Tunisian, identified by an Italian Red Cross document. According to initial investigations, he arrived in Europe via the Italian island of Lampedusa on September 20, before landing on the mainland at Bari on October 9, the anti-terrorism prosecutor said. This young man, according to a local source familiar with the matter, is called Brahim Aouissaoui. He had been quarantined by the Italian authorities before being subject to an obligation to leave Italian territory and released. He did not apply for asylum in France, according to the same source. It is also "unknown to the national file of fingerprints" and "unknown to the intelligence services", according to Jean-François Ricard. During a press conference, the mayor of Nice, Christian Estrosi, said that the assailant had kept "repeating Allah Akbar in front of us while he was medically treated there".

France church attack: What we know so far

  France church attack: What we know so far A knife-wielding attacker beheaded a woman and killed two other people in a suspected terrorist attack.This is what we know so far:

47 - year - old had invited Muslim students to leave room before he showed caricatures 'in respect'. Muslim parents had taken offence at Mr Paty's decision to show his class caricatures of the Prophet Muslim leaders condemned the killing, which many public figures perceived as an attack on the

Thursday's attack in Nice was the latest in a long line of terrorist killings in France. French anti-terror prosecutors have opened an inquiry into what mayor Estrosi called an 'Islamo-fascist attack .' The attack it comes amid anger at France from across the Islamic world after president Macron staunchly

Where is the investigation?

The anti-terrorist prosecution immediately opened an investigation into "assassinations and attempted assassinations in connection with a terrorist enterprise" and "criminal terrorist criminal association", coordinated by the Anti-terrorism Sub-Directorate (Sdat). As of Thursday evening, a 47-year-old man was taken into police custody. He is believed to have been in contact with the assailant on the eve of the attack. On the spot, investigators found the murder weapon, a knife with a 17-centimeter blade, according to Jean-François Ricard, as well as a bag of personal effects containing a Koran, two phones and two unused knives. "The investigation is actively continuing in order to clarify the precise course of the events, the path of the perpetrator as well as any possible complicity from which he may have benefited", concluded the anti-terrorism prosecutor.

How did the government react?

Emmanuel Macron, who was there Thursday, denounced an "Islamist terrorist attack" and announced a strengthening of the Vigipirate security plan: the number of soldiers patrolling the streets will drop from 3,000 to 7,000. "If we are attacked, it is for the values ​​which are ours, our taste for freedom ”, estimated the Head of State, also evoking the knife attack of a security guard of the French consulate in Jeddah, in Saudi Arabia, at the same moment or almost. A defense council will be held on Friday morning, according to the head of state and his prime minister Jean Castex.

Attack in Nice: Police custody of a 17-year-old minor lifted .
The 17-year-old minor was arrested Wednesday afternoon in Seine-Saint-Denis in the investigation into the fatal knife attack in the Basilica of Nice (Alpes-Maritimes) © SYSPEO / SIPA A soldier from Operation Sentinel facing the Notre-Dame de l'Assomption basilica, in Nice, November 3, 2020 INQUIRY - The 17-year-old minor had been arrested Wednesday afternoon in Seine-Saint-Denis in the investigation into the fatal knife attack in the basilica of Nice (Alpes-Maritimes) The custody of a 17-year-o

usr: 0
This is interesting!