•   
  •   

World Trump Loyalist Lou Dobbs 'Sometimes Went Too Far,' Says Fox News' Howard Kurtz

22:08  07 february  2021
22:08  07 february  2021 Source:   newsweek.com

Megan Fox claps back at rumours she's engaged to Machine Gun Kelly after massive ring sparks speculation

  Megan Fox claps back at rumours she's engaged to Machine Gun Kelly after massive ring sparks speculation Megan Fox wore a ring on her left finger while out with her boyfriend, Machine Gun Kelly. Fans speculated that the couple was engaged after confirming their relationship in June. Fox, 34, shot back at the rumours on her Instagram account on Friday. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Megan Fox has just two words for people who think she's engaged to Machine Gun Kelly. The "Jennifer's Body" actress and Machine Gun Kelly, born Colson Baker, sent their fans into a frenzy on Friday when they were photographed together in New York City.

Two days after Fox News Media announced plans to cancel Lou Dobbs Tonight, its highest-rated program, correspondent Howard Kurtz briefly offered his opinion about the now-defunct series' longtime host.

a man wearing a suit and tie: Fox Business cancelled Lou Dobbs' talk show program, © John Lamparski/Getty Fox Business cancelled Lou Dobbs' talk show program, "Lou Dobbs Tonight," after the vocal Trump supporter was implicated in a $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit filed by Smartmatic last week. In the photograph above, Dobbs interviews former Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin during "Lou Dobbs Tonight" at Fox Business Network Studios on September 23, 2019 in New York City.

Lou Dobbs has hosted programs for more than four decades, initially presenting the talk show Moneyline on CNN before shifting to Fox Business almost 10 years ago. An unwavering supporter of former president Donald Trump, the political commentator hosted Lou Dobbs Tonight each evening on Fox. His segments focused on political and financial affairs.

Newsmax just canceled MyPillow’s Mike Lindell live on air

  Newsmax just canceled MyPillow’s Mike Lindell live on air Lindell used a Newsmax interview to spread lies about Trump’s loss. It didn’t go well.Lindell, whose personal and corporate Twitter accounts were recently banned because he won’t stop spreading lies about the 2020 election being stolen from former President Donald Trump, ostensibly went on Newsmax to rail against “cancel culture.” But his appearance immediately went off the rails as he started spreading lies about election fraud tied to voting hardware made by Dominion Voting Systems.

"I've known Lou as a talented broadcaster for decades," said Kurtz during a short segment recounting the series' cancellation on Sunday. It aired as part of Fox News' Media Buzz, a program that Kurtz hosts.

Acknowledging his former colleague's predilection for "controversial" views, such as those that backed Trump's baseless election fraud claims despite an absence of evidence to substantiate them, Kurtz contended that "Dobbs sometimes went too far" in voicing his perspectives. However, the Media Buzz host declined to criticize Dobbs' conduct on air.

"Dobbs became one of the most passionate defenders of Donald Trump during his presidency, and of his claims of election fraud," said Kurtz. "In my opinion, Dobbs sometimes went too far. But that was his right as an opinion host, and it's Fox's right to decide its programming. I want to wish Lou the best in the future."

Voting tech firm sues Fox News over election fraud claims

  Voting tech firm sues Fox News over election fraud claims Smartmatic USA sued Fox News, three of its hosts and two former Trump lawyers on Thursday.The 285-page complaint filed Thursday in New York state court by Florida-based Smartmatic USA is one of the largest libel suits ever undertaken. On January 25, a rival election-technology company — Dominion Voting Systems, which was also ensnared in Trump’s baseless effort to overturn the election — sued Giuliani and Powell for $1.3 billion.

Fox confirmed the talk show's cancellation on Friday, initially in comments to the Los Angeles Times. The decision to remove Dobbs' popular series from its programming roster closely trailed Smartmatic's $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox Corporation, of which Fox News Media is a division.

Alongside network personalities Jeanine Pirro and Maria Bartiromo, Dobbs was implicated in the suit for spreading "false claims and accusations" about Smartmatic after November's general election, according to a Thursday statement issued by the company. Smartmatic developed electronic voting technology used only in California's Los Angeles County during the presidential contest.

As Trump, his campaign and team of attorneys sought to challenge the election's results, they introduced unfounded allegations of ballot manipulation on the part of Smartmatic and Dominion Voting Systems, an unrelated company that also provided voting technology to elections departments last year. Pirro, Bartiromo and Dobbs reiterated a number of Trump's false claims following the election, including those related to Smartmatic and Dominion.

Fox News cancels Lou Dobbs Tonight

  Fox News cancels Lou Dobbs Tonight Lou Dobbs Tonight will air for the final time on Friday night as Fox News is reported to be parting ways with the 75-year-old host who is among the network's staunchest Trump supporters.Dobbs, 75, is the network's staunchest supporter of Donald Trump and consistently pushed the former President's claims of voter fraud on air, and assertions that he was won the 2020 election.

Fox News Media denounced the lawsuit in a statement released Thursday. The network said it was "proud" of its election coverage and pledged to "vigorously defend this meritless lawsuit in court." Its remarks about cancelling Lou Dobbs Tonight, released the following day, did not mention the defamation suit.

"As we said in October, Fox News Media regularly considers programming changes and plans have been in place to launch new formats as appropriate post-election, including on Fox Business—this is part of those planned changes," the network said Friday. Kurtz reviewed the statement during his Media Buzz segment on Sunday morning.

Newsweek reached out to Fox News for comment but did not receive a reply in time for publication.

Related Articles

  • Pat Toomey Calls Trump's Upcoming Trial 'Constitutional,' Says QAnon Has No Place Within GOP
  • Liz Cheney Floats Idea Trump Tweet Attacking Pence During Riot Meant to 'Provoke Violence'
  • 56% of Americans Say Trump Should Be Convicted Ahead of Senate Impeachment Trial: Poll

Start your unlimited Newsweek trial

Trump’s Lawyers Lost the Day .
The slovenliness of Trump’s legal team threatened to deprive senators of their face-saving excuse.That’s what Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell had to say on January 21. McConnell did not rise to the leadership of the Senate Republicans by speaking idly. If he feels that Donald Trump incited a riot with the specific purpose of thwarting the 2020 election, so do many other Republican senators as well.

usr: 0
This is interesting!