•   
  •   

World India. An OPPO smartphone explodes in the pocket of a man and burns his legs

16:40  08 june  2021
16:40  08 june  2021 Source:   ouest-france.fr

‘I smell it, taste it, feel its heaviness’: Life in Delhi’s dust

  ‘I smell it, taste it, feel its heaviness’: Life in Delhi’s dust In claustrophobic northern India, generations have grown up with deadly air, and the dust is a normal part of life.It was February in Manali, Himachal Pradesh, in the western Himalayas. As the winding highway took a turn along the Beas river, our taxi’s clean, just-washed windshield quickly gathered a thick patina of dust.

Un magasin OPPO en Chine. Photo d'illustration. © Nicolas Asfouri / AFP an OPPO store in China. Photo Stock Illustration.

In early June, a man was severely burned in India after his smartphone suddenly overheated and exploded in his pocket. The phone battery, OPPO brand, would be involved. The user ensures having always had moderate use of his smartphone. The manufacturer did not react to the incident.

In recent years, without becoming a common change, the explosions of smartphones have become relatively frequent incidents. Some defective devices regularly cause accidents and sometimes wounded. That's what happened early June in India , in a small village.

Events that shaped the last few decades

  Events that shaped the last few decades As the world celebrated 75 years since the end of the Second World War, it’s a good time to reflect on some of the major events that have shaped our changing world since that time. This non-exhaustive list is one possible starting point for your rediscovery of recent history.

A phone of the OPPO brand, model A53, suddenly overheated and exploded in the owner's pocket. The victim, burned at the legs, told his misadventure to the Youtube Technical Dosttus chain that published a video on the incident, report Phonandroid .

bandages on both legs

according to the victim, the phone would have started heating for no reason before exploding. In the video, we see the man with bandages on both legs, at the thighs and an ankle. The flames seriously burned him and gave the pants he was wearing.

An smartphone can sometimes overheat if it is supersollected, which was not the case here. This kind of incident can also occur if defective accessories are used on the terminal. But this person ensures having always recharged his phone with the mains block and the cable provided in the OPPO box.

A faulty battery in question?

According to Technical Dost, it is here the battery of 5,000 mAh that would be involved. We see on photos of the carbonized smartphone that the contours of the battery accumulator melted.

The device was still under warranty, says Phonandroid. The Chinese Manufacturer OPPO did not react after the incident.

How Dissent Dies .
The government’s actions, and its responses to criticism, raise more troubling questions than Narendra Modi’s electoral viability does. Cases such as Fatima’s fit a pattern. In recent years, BJP governments at the federal and state levels, as well as investigative agencies under their power, have arrested a range of people so wide—priests, professors, poets, lawyers, journalists, and stand-up comedians among them—as to turn the act of dissent itself into a jailable offense.

usr: 1
This is interesting!