World Skeleton of Man Who Died Two Years Ago Found in Apartment
Miracle of the DNA: a thousand years later, the remains of a Viking warrior find a parent in Denmark
A mapping of the DNA of the skeletons of the Viking period (between the Viiie and the 12th century) allowed fortuitously to discover that they were parents in the second degree. © Supplied by FranceInfo Separated for 1000 years, two Viking warriors of the same family were brought together Wednesday, June 9 at the National Museum of Denmark in Copenhagen, an event that brings new lighting on travel across Europe.
A skeleton of a man who is believed to have died two years ago has been found in an apartment in France.
Local police and firefighters discovered the skeleton of a 44-year-old man in an apartment of the Capucines residence, avenue du Maréchal-Juin, just behind Périgueux station, in Dordogne, southwest France.
Public prosecutor Solène Belaouar confirmed to newspaper Sud Ouest that the man died around two years ago. Police searched the apartment at the request of the landlord of the property, who had not been in contact with the tenant since December 2019, despite sending many letters.
How the Kings Park Apartment Complex became the 'most active front' in Victoria's COVID-19 outbreak
Experts say restrictions may still be on track to ease later this week if an outbreak at an inner-Melbourne apartment complex remains relatively small.But yesterday's revelation that a cluster of cases in a Southbank apartment complex had grown to six was described by COVID-19 response commander Jeroen Weimar as "the most active front" of the outbreak so far.
Belaouar said the skeleton was found "fleshless" and the body was "clothed," but there were "no traces of break-in and disorder and the door was closed."
Investigators found no evidence of foul play and believe the man died naturally, perhaps by falling. There will be medical tests carried out on the skeleton by a forensic doctor at the Périgueux hospital, to allow investigators to ascertain the precise date and cause of death, France Bleu radio reported. The investigations will also make it possible to formally identify the body, even though officials believe it likely to be the 44-year-old tenant.
Neighbors said that they didn't often see the man, despite having lived there for years.
One neighbor, Bernadette, told France Bleu: "I have been there for 8 years and I must have seen him only 15 times, sometimes while going to get cigarettes from the bar downstairs." But she added that they did not speak at all and he was very discreet, and never made noise in his apartment.
US police shooting of Black man in Georgia echoes Breonna Taylor
Atlanta police burst into the apartment where Johnny Lorenzo Bolton was lying down and shot him, family lawyer says.Bolton stood up and at least one of the officers fired, sending two bullets into Bolton’s chest. The 49-year-old Black man died of his injuries.
"I was sure he was gone! We only saw the bailiff's paper on his front door."
She added that the apartment started to smell and then she warned the landlord of the apartment.
The 44-year-old tenant had been renting this studio since September 2010, France Bleu reported.
In October 2020, a neighborhood investigation with a bailiff was reportedly launched by the landlord after there was no correspondence from the tenant, but nothing came of the investigation.
The skeleton will be removed on Friday, France Bleu reported.
In neighboring Spain last month, pin the Catalonia region.
A father and son in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a Barcelona suburb, found the man. The Generalitat Fire Brigade and the firefighters' special rescue team were deployed to saw off multiple parts of the dinosaur in order to extract the body from the decorative statue.
Why Adam Bandt's claims on Scott Morrison's COVID-19 Disaster Payment get mixed Fact Check verdicts
Adam Bandt condemned the coronavirus Disaster Payment of $325 as "an insult" to workers. But how does his three-pronged attack on the Morrison Government stack up?In a tweet, Mr Bandt wrote: "$325 for someone working less than 20hrs is less than minimum wage, less than the average rent for a 1br place in Melb and below the poverty line.
The man had been reported as missing by his family only a few hours earlier. Police are investigating the cause of the man's death.
A dead man 3,000 years ago is the first victim of a shark attack .
© The species responsible for the attack would be either a tiger shark or a white shark. | Gerald Schömb ... The species responsible for the attack would be either a tiger shark or a white shark. | Gerald Schömbs via UNSPLASH A dead man 3,000 years ago, probably between 1370 and 1310 BC, is the oldest known victim of a shark attack. Scientists have just pierced the secrets of his skeleton, discovered in Japan, near the inland sea of Seto.