World Twist in the search for William Tyrrell
Fresh information about William Tyrrell's disappearance leads police to car in Sydney
A car that once belonged to the dead foster-grandmother of William Tyrrell has been seized in Sydney's south. It comes as police begin their third day of searching around the house the boy disappeared from seven years ago.The car, which once belonged to William's now-dead foster-grandmother, was seized last Tuesday from Gymea in southern Sydney and taken to a secure facility.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell will conduct fresh searches on Monday morning.
In a statement, thePolice Force said further details will be made available at a media conference at 10.30am AEDT.
Daily Mail Australia understands the new search will be held at a site in Kendall - where the little boy disappeared on September 12, 2014, age three.
William Tyrrell vanished from his foster grandmother's home in Kendall, on the state's north coast, in September 12, 2014.
He has not been seen since.
It comes after detectives revisited the area the toddler went missing after police announced new information had 'come to light' in mid-September.
Body-finder who solved murder mystery breaks silence in Tyrrell case
The 'body finder' who discovered the remains of murdered Queensland schoolboy Daniel Morcombe says the dig to find William Tyrrell's remains is a 'more complex' job.Speaking exclusively with Daily Mail Australia before going to a high-powered meeting with detectives at the Tyrrell search command post, water science expert Professor Jon Olley toured one of the possible burial sites now cordoned off by police tape on Wednesday morning.
Officers from Strike Force Rosann returned to the home of William's grandmother on the seven-year anniversary of the little boy's disappearance.
The task force announced they would be working under the premise the three-year-old had vanished as a result of 'human intervention'.
Local detectives and forensic officers once again poured over the home William was last seen as well as the surrounding areas in the rural township.
It marked the first time the area had been extensively combed since the little boy vanished, prompting a frantic operation that saw volunteers and emergency crews search homes, forests, creeks and paddocks.
Officers have since remained tight-lipped about what new information prompted officers to return to Kendall after nearly a decade.
William Tyrrell's complicated family dynamic explained
For his biological family, the pain of not knowing what happened to William on the morning of November 12, 2014, has been a constant source of anguish. His mother, who has two other sons that remain in her care to this day, previously told Daily Mail Australia she 'doesn't want anyone's sympathy'.
Strike force officer-in-charge Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw said further information had come to light after a review of materials gathered by investigators over the seven-year period of William's disappearance.
'As our team continue to conduct inquiries and explore all avenues of investigation, our focus has been identifying if anything has been missed, or if there are any details – no matter how small – that need to be clarified,' the inspector said in September.
'Police remain committed to finding out what happened to William, but our most important job here is to bring him home for both families.'
Detectives continue to conduct interviews, searches and other investigative activity, including those under Coronial Orders, as well as reviewing all available materials with the assistance of experts.
William vanished from his foster grandmother's property on Benaroon Drive, Kendall on the morning of September 12, 2014, while playing in the yard in a Spiderman suit with his five-year-old sister.
The vital minutes which could answer what REALLY happened to William
A crucial clue hiding in the now-famous picture of William Tyrrell playing in a Spider-Man costume just 30 minutes before he went missing (pictured, left) is being examined by detectives.Detectives believe there may also be a crucial clue in the famous picture of little William, who was three when he disappeared, playing in a Spider-Man costume.
The little boy would have celebrated his 10th birthday in June.
A $1million reward announced five years ago remains in place for information that leads to the recovery of William and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.
The latest development came less than a week after senior sources claimed a new person of interest was being honed in on by police, declaring a breakthrough in the nearly decade-old case was imminent.
However, William Tyrell's foster parents have called claims by police sources that they are closing in on a new suspect in the toddler's disappearance 'fake news'.
'Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain,' a statement from the couple released on September 7.
'To publish unverified claims, without consideration to the hurt that articles of this nature cause, is disrespectful and devastating to everyone who knows and loves William,' the statement said.
An inquest into the case was launched in March 2019 which is ongoing.
After 19 months, deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame has postponed her findings from the inquest into William's disappearance and presumed death.
She was due to release her report in June, however now remains in talks with police who have narrowed in on a new suspect who was previously ruled out.
Chief Inspector David Laidlaw is leading the investigation after former lead detective Gary Jubelin quit the force when he was convicted of breaking the law to covertly record four conversations with a suspect.
'We believe we can identify who it may be or the circumstances of his disappearance,' Chief Insp Laidlaw told Sky News in July.
'We have thoughts on what occurred to William, there is a range of thoughts.'
When asked if he knew who was to blame and what happened he replied: 'Yes.'
NSW Police push ahead with search for William Tyrrell's remains despite bad weather .
NSW Police push ahead with a search for the remains of missing boy William Tyrrell despite bad weather on the NSW Mid-North Coast. The main search area was lashed by a short but violent thunderstorm late yesterday afternoon.Officers spent Sunday morning cleaning up a site about a kilometre from the home of William's foster-grandmother in Kendall after it was hit by strong winds and heavy rain.Police have today focused on clearing dense bush and debris across the square-kilometre site while the majority of digging and sifting has been put on hold.