World Libya: Seif Al-Islam Gaddafi will be a candidate for the presidential election
Resignation of the UN emissory for Libya at one month of Presidential
© AFP / Archives The emissary for the Libya , the Slovak Jan Kubis, resigned from Its duties one month before a crucial presidential election for this country, without giving Tuesday to the members of the Official Reason Security Council to this departure suddenly. "Mr. Kubis has resigned to the Secretary-General ( Antonio Guterres ) who accepted him with regret," said the United Nations Spokesman Stéphane Dujarric during his point.
a court restored the candidacy of the son of the "guide" supported by the nostalgics of the old regime.
Seif al-Islam Gaddafi, 49 years old, remains in the race to the Supreme Judiciary in Libya. Sebha's Court of Appeal, in the south of the country, ordered its recovery as a candidate for the presidential election of December 24th. The information, reported by several Libyan media, has been confirmed by AFP to the entourage of the candidate. The latter had appealed earlier in the day before this Court against the decision of the electoral authority to reject his candidacy. "It is first of all a victory of justice, and then that of the will of the people", welcomed his lawyer Khaled al-Zaydi, after the hearing.
The ICC calls for financial assistance from the United Nations to conduct its Libya and Darfur
© (AP Photo / Marwan Ali, File) Karim Ahmed Khan, Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, August 12, 2021 . The Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court presented on Tuesday, November 23, a new progress report concerning his investigation into Libya. In the United Nations Security Council in New York, Karim Khan called for the cooperation of the Member States of the Organization.
كل الشكر والتقدير لقضاة ليبيا الذين غامروا بأنفسهم في سبيل كلمة الحق.
ونهدي هذا النصر لكل الشعب الليبي ... وإهداء خاص إلى عماتي وأعمامي وإخوتي وأخواتي الذين تحملوا برد الليالي وسهروا لحماية المحكمة.- سيف الإسلام معمر القذافي (@syfalqdhafy)
("All our thanks and gratitude to Libyan judges who fought for the truth. We dedicate this victory to all the people Libyan ... and a dedication particular to my aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters who endured the cold nights and remained awake to protect the court. ")
blocked before the court
Video: Seif al-Islam Kadhafi candidate surprise to the presidential in Libya (Dailymotion)
The son of the ex-dictator Libyan in mid-November, relying on the support of the nostalgics of the old regime, disappointed by an endless political transition on the background of chaos. but the High National Electoral Commission (HNEC), which published on 24 November , had excluded it in invoking articles of the electoral law stipulating that a candidate "shall not Having been convicted for a dishonorable crime " and must present a blank criminal record. Seif Al-Islam Gaddafi, who was sentenced to death in 2015 after an expeditious trial and who then benefited from an amnesty, is currently sought after by the International Criminal Court for Crimes against Humanity .
Libya election commission says Saif Gaddafi ineligible to run
Son of former ruler among 25 of the 98 registered presidential candidates disqualified from the December 24 election.Gaddafi was one of 25 candidates disqualified by the commission on Wednesday, in an initial decision pending an appeals process that will ultimately be decided by the judiciary. Some 98 Libyans had registered as candidates.
The court decision has given rise Thursday 2 to the scenes of juvenile in the Tribunal in Sebha, semi-desert city located at approximately 650 kilometers south of the Tripoli capital, where dozens of supporters of the candidate were gathered, according to the images media. It intervenes after a series of incidents that prevented for several days the Gaddafi son to appeal the rejection of his candidacy. Fortian supporters of the East, Khalifa Hatar, himself a candidate, blocked for a week access to the Tribunal, aroused "great concern" within the interim government and the United Nations. These armed men finally withdrew on December 2 of the scope of the court, allowing the three magistrates and the Advocate de Seif al-Islam to enter the building.
2.4 million Libyans on 7 withdrew their elector card
besides the son of the "guide",, Marshal Khalifa Haftar, who de facto control is and a Part of the South Libyan, as well as the influential former Minister of the Interior, Fathi Bachagha, are the most prominent candidates for the upcoming presidential election.
Honduras braces for trouble in presidential election
Honduras is bracing itself for potential violence as more than five million people vote on Sunday to replace President Juan Orlando Hernandez, a controversial figure accused of drug trafficking in the United States. "People won't vote for Xiomara (Castro), they will vote against Juan Orlando Hernandez and what he represents," said Pineda.Leftist opposition candidate Xiomara Castro led opinion polls last month, but the ruling right-wing National Party (PN) -- whose candidate is charismatic Tegucigalpa mayor Nasry Asfura -- has had the benefit of better organization and greater resources to run its campaign.
culmination of a laborious process sponsored by the UN, the presidential election of 24 December, and the legislative election provided for a month later, are supposed to turn pagesince the fall in 2011. Muammar Gaddafi, killed during a popular revolt. If Libya is engaged in the last straight line of the presidential election, the persistence of disagreements between rivals camps and field tensions have a doubt about its outfit.
Some 2.4 million Libyans recovered their elector card, on a population of seven million, according to the electoral commission. Not without a hungry: On social networks, some said they did not find their card, recovered by others, fueling the suspicions of fraud. The Electoral Commission indicated that more than 2,300 voter cards were stolen in five polling stations by men armed in the West, including Tripoli, Wednesday, December 1, a day marking the end of the cards. voters in polling stations.
The Beatles Nearly Made This Ancient Wonder Famous .
Celebrity news has put an ancient Libyan city back on the cultural map. Last week, Peter Jackson, famed director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, released the three-part miniseries Get Back on Disney+. The six-hour film is based on seen and unseen footage from the making of the 1970 movie Let it Be. The original was filmed in the aftermath of the band’s decision to stop touring in order to focus on recording music in the studio. While recording what would become their last album in 1969, the Beatles did a final one-off show on the roof of Apple Corps headquarters in London.