•   
  •   

World Family of boy, 5, who died after he was sent home from hospital not satisfied with investigation

12:21  01 december  2022
12:21  01 december  2022 Source:   msn.com

Qld government sacks Mackay Hospital board

  Qld government sacks Mackay Hospital board The Queensland government has sacked the board of Mackay Hospital after multiple women complained about its gynaecology and obstetrics department. Four clinicians and another staff member had resigned and were referred to the ombudsman after the report released in October found inadequate care at the hospital contributed to the deaths of three babies.It also flagged problems with incident monitoring, safety and quality complications management, and clinical deterioration between 2019 and 2021.

The grieving family of a five-year-old boy who died after being sent home from a hospital have said they are not satisfied with an investigation which will look into how he was treated.

  Family of boy, 5, who died after he was sent home from hospital not satisfied with investigation © Sky News Screen Grab

NHS bosses in South Yorkshire have said the inquiry will be led by independent investigators outside of the region but the family wants it to be "completely external" from the NHS.

Zaheer Ahmed, the uncle of Yusuf Mahmud Nazir, told Sky News he wants a "full independent investigation out of the NHS".

Mr Ahmed said the health service "want to do an external investigation by someone from the NHS outside of the district". He added: "We are still in the talks and we are requesting that it is completely external."

Tas hospital death after emergency 'wait'

  Tas hospital death after emergency 'wait' The Royal Hobart Hospital and Ambulance Tasmania are investigating the death of a woman who allegedly spent hours waiting for emergency department admission.The state Greens say the woman, who died at the Royal Hobart Hospital on Tuesday, was "ramped" - the process of keep patients in an ambulance before admission to a hospital's emergency department.

Zaheer Ahmed, the uncle of Yusuf Mahmud Nazir © Sky News Screen Grab Zaheer Ahmed, the uncle of Yusuf Mahmud Nazir

Mr Ahmed previously told Sky News that Yusuf would still be alive if the family had been listened to.

He said he "begged and begged" for his nephew to be admitted to Rotherham General Hospital due to a throat infection but was told "there are no beds and not enough doctors".

After the boy was examined there on Monday 14 November, he was sent home, even though the doctor treating his nephew said "it was the worst case of tonsillitis he had ever seen", according to Mr Ahmed.

  Family of boy, 5, who died after he was sent home from hospital not satisfied with investigation © Sky News Screen Grab

At home, his condition deteriorated and he was later taken by ambulance to Sheffield Children's Hospital but it was too late to save the young boy's life.

The infection had spread to his lungs and caused multiple organ failure resulting in several cardiac arrests, and he died of pneumonia on Monday 21 November.

Five-year-old boy recovering well after being dragged into pool by snake

  Five-year-old boy recovering well after being dragged into pool by snake The child was playing by the pool when out of the blue a three-metre python struck.Ben Blake was with his son Beau at his grandfather's pool at Ocean Shores near Byron Bay when the python struck the boy yesterday.

Hospital boss apologises

The chief executive of the Rotherham hospital, Dr Richard Jenkins, has now met Mr Ahmed and has apologised to him and the family.

  Family of boy, 5, who died after he was sent home from hospital not satisfied with investigation © Sky News Screen Grab

Mr Ahmed said: "To me, it's an acknowledgment that 'we (the NHS) know we've made a mistake... and we're working on it very hard to rectify that mistake'.

  Family of boy, 5, who died after he was sent home from hospital not satisfied with investigation © Sky News Screen Grab

"But that mistake should not have happened. It's cost the life of Yusuf."

Mr Ahmed said more was needed.

"We want action to be done, the apology aside, we want answers, why has it cost Yusuf's life, who's responsible for it, what's going to get done, what's been done?"

Mr Ahmed said he had been told by NHS officials that since Yusuf's death, the hospital has brought in another paediatric doctor to work in the A&E department and has cut waiting times for children there.

He said that on the evening when Yusuf was examined, there were 93 children in A&E and only one doctor to see them.

Students killed in explosion at Afghanistan religious school, Taliban blame ISIS for 'unforgivable crime'

  Students killed in explosion at Afghanistan religious school, Taliban blame ISIS for 'unforgivable crime' A number of explosions have rocked Afghanistan in the year since the Taliban assumed control, with no one taking responsibility in the immediate aftermath each time."This is the handiwork of the enemies of the people of Afghanistan who target innocent people and children," Suhail Shaheen, the Taliban's permanent representative of Afghanistan to the United Nations, told Fox News Digital. "No doubt, their true nature is revealed to the world and to the Afghan people through their gruesome and horrendous acts.

'We want the truth'

Mr Ahmed said: "We want the hospital to reveal the truth to everybody. We want answers, for them to make changes and put stuff in place, so no other family suffers, no other child suffers, no other human suffers."

Dr Jenkins said in a letter to the family's MP Sarah Champion that he has spoken to Yusuf's uncle to "directly express my condolences and to apologise to the family".

Dr Jenkins wrote: "We have all been devastated to hear the family's account of their experience of care and the ultimate death of Yusuf in Sheffield.

"It is vital that a thorough and independently conducted investigation takes place as soon as possible so the family can have answers to their concerns and we can identify where changes need to be made.

"Clearly assessment of clinical care and decisions requires the right expertise, so I am liaising with regional NHS England colleagues to identify appropriate independent investigators from outside South Yorkshire."

In the letter, Dr Jenkins also explained the investigation "will involve the family in this so we can be sure that all their concerns will be fully addressed".

Yusuf first complained of a sore throat on 13 November. His parents took him to their GP, who prescribed antibiotics.

The next day, when their son's health did not improve, they drove him to the emergency department of Rotherham General Hospital.

Dr Jenkins said the investigation aims to cover the "whole pathway of Yusuf's care, including both attendances with his GP, the Rotherham hospital attendance at the urgent and emergency care centre and subsequent contact from the family, the Yorkshire Ambulance Service and Sheffield Children's Hospital".

8 curiosities you may not know about the life of John Lennon .
On December 8, 1980, John Lennon was murdered in New York, in the entrance of the Dakota Building, where he lived, at the hands of Mark David Chapman. The former Beatles was just 40 years old and from that moment he was definitively consecrated as a legend in the history of music. After achieving success with Beatles in the 60s, John Lennon had continued his career as a soloist, alongside the pacifist commitment, which he shared with his wife Yoko Ono. With his death, Lennon also left his two sons, Seann and Julian.

usr: 0
This is interesting!