•   
  •   

World Salman Rushdie unveils an extract from his next novel, four months after his attack

13:20  06 december  2022
13:20  06 december  2022 Source:   francetvinfo.fr

Khashoggia fiancée urges court to ignore Biden admin request for MBS immunity

  Khashoggia fiancée urges court to ignore Biden admin request for MBS immunity The fiancée of Jamal Khashoggi is pushing a federal court to ignore the Biden administration's argument that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is immune from litigaation.The administration's position is based on the State Department's determination that bin Salman – commonly known as MBS – has immunity as a head of state due to his position as Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia. Cengiz, in a Tuesday court filing, claimed that this title was only conferred upon MBS so that we would be immune from her lawsuit.

four months after the attack on the knife he was the victim, the British writer Salman Rushdie published Monday in the online version of the New Yorker a Extract from his next novel.

  Salman Rushdie dévoile un extrait de son prochain roman, quatre mois après son agression © supplied by Franceinfo

four months after being very seriously injured in a knife attack in the north of the United States, the British writer Salman Rushdie unveiled in The New Yorker Monday an extract from his next novel .

The prestigious Journal of American Cultural Elites has put on its site an extract entitled "A Sackground of Seeds" of the 15th novel by Salman Rushie, Victory City, to be published in early February with the publisher Penguin Random House. The book tells the "epic story of a woman" in the 14th century in what today forms part of India, according to the publisher.

An American judge rejects the proceedings engaged against Bin Salman for the murder of journalist Yamal Khashogi

 An American judge rejects the proceedings engaged against Bin Salman for the murder of journalist Yamal Khashogi supplied by News 360 The crown prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed Bin Salman at the G20 summit in Indonesia. - Leon Neal/Pa Wire/DPA An American federal judge on Tuesday rejected legal action against the crown prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed Bin Salman for his alleged involvement in 2018 in the murder of journalist Yamal Khashogi.

The New Yorker said that this first extract would be published in the magazine dated December 12 and released on kiosk on Monday. Salman Rushdie himself, on his certified Twitter account, confirmed on Monday the publication by the prestigious American magazine of the extract of Victory City.

This is the first time since August 9 that Salman Rushdie speaks on Twitter. He did it four months ago to announce the release of his novel in February 2023.

Three days later, on August 12, at a conference in Chaattaqua, in the northwest of the State of New York very close to the Grand Lac Erié, the world famous author of the Satanic verses had been very seriously injured during a knife attack perpetrated by a young man who had thrown himself on him when he was about to take the speech.

US judge dismisses suit against Saudi prince in Khashoggi murder

  US judge dismisses suit against Saudi prince in Khashoggi murder A US judge dismissed Tuesday a lawsuit against Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for his alleged role in the 2018 murder of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Activists seeking to hold the crown prince accountable for the Khashoggi murder voiced dismay. "Today is a dark day for victims of transnational repression," said Khalid Aljabri, a US-based doctor and son of a former Saudi intelligence official. US President Joe Biden "has put dissidents at greater risk while confirming to dictators that his human rights policy is nothing but hot air.

Fatwa

The British writer born in India and 75 years old was immediately hospitalized, operated and cared for in the United States, but lost sight of one eye and the use of one hand, announced in October his Agent Andrew Wylie.

The main suspect, Hadi Matar, a 24-year-old Lebanese American origin, was arrested immediately after the facts and pleaded not guilty during the preliminary hearings at his trial in August before a court in Mayville, in the northwest of New York State.

The attack had shocked in the West but had been greeted by extremists from Muslim countries like Iran or Pakistan. The writer, naturalized American and who has lived in New York for 20 years, has been prosecuted since 1989 by a Fatwa of the Iranian Supreme Guide sentenced him to death.

Iran had officially denied any role in the attack, a spokesperson for power in Tehran assuring that "only Salman Rushdie and his supporters deserve to be blamed and even condemned".

Eight convicted over Nice truck attack that killed 86 people in 2016 .
Eight people have been convicted for their role in a truck attack more than six years ago by an Islamic State sympathiser that killed 86 people celebrating Bastille Day in Nice. © Associated Press Pic: AP Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was shot dead by police after he drove his truck at full speed through crowds who were watching fireworks on 14 July 2016.The attack at Nice's famed boardwalk Promenade des Anglais killed 86 people including 15 children and left 450 others injured.

usr: 0
This is interesting!