World: 24 Amazon Employees Hospitalized After Can of Bear Spray Explodes at Fulfillment Center - PressFrom - Australia
  •   
  •   

World24 Amazon Employees Hospitalized After Can of Bear Spray Explodes at Fulfillment Center

20:55  06 december  2018
20:55  06 december  2018 Source:   time.com

Bear Caught on Camera Opening Door to California Police Station

Bear Caught on Camera Opening Door to California Police Station The station believed the same bear came back a few days later A police station in California witnessed the intrusion of an unusual trespasser. A bear was caught on camera opening the door to the California Highway Patrol’s Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Facility in Donner Pass. The intruder is seen on two feet casually opening the door and then returning to all fours to scope out the space and proceeding to walk into the station. The bear did not snatch a snack or beverage, but did continue to stroll through another doorway that can be seen in the reflection of a glass window.

At least one Amazon employee is in critical condition after being exposed to fumes from a can of bear repellent that It was unclear how many workers were exposed to the fumes but 24 employees were taken to five area hospitals and “Today at our Robbinsville fulfillment center , a damaged aerosol

Twenty-four Amazon workers in New Jersey have been hospitalized after a robot accidentally tore a can of bear repellent spray in a warehouse, officials said. The fulfillment center was given the all clear by Wednesday evening. “Today at our Robbinsville fulfillment center , a damaged aerosol can

24 Amazon Employees Hospitalized After Can of Bear Spray Explodes at Fulfillment Center © Adrian Dennis—AFP/Getty Images Workers walk along aisles of goods stored inside an Amazon.co.uk fulfillment centre in Hemel Hempstead, north of London, on November 25, 2015. Shops could be seeing the effect of consumers postponing purchases until "Black Friday" on November 27, a day of sales in the United States that has become increasingly popular in Britain. (AFP PHOTO / ADRIAN DENNISADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/Getty Images)

Two dozen workers at an Amazon fulfillment center in New Jersey were sent to the hospital – one in critical condition – after a machine punctured an aerosol canister of bear repellent Wednesday.

Fish and chips: You can now get Alexa in a wall-mounted Big Mouth Billy Bass

Fish and chips: You can now get Alexa in a wall-mounted Big Mouth Billy Bass Drop the bass

Twenty-four Amazon workers in New Jersey have been hospitalized after bear repellent spray was released accidentally at the fulfillment center , officials said. The two dozen workers were treated at five local hospitals, Robbinsville Township communications and public information officer John

At least 17 employees were sent to the hospital after a can of bear repellent fell off a shelf at an Amazon facility Amazon has a huge stake in New Jersey with 16,000 employees at nine fulfillment centers , filling online MORE: 24 hospitalized , one critical after bear repellent falls off Amazon shelf.

The incident occurred shortly before 9 a.m. at Amazon’s fulfillment center in Robbinsville Township, outside of Trenton. Township spokesperson John Nalbone tells TIME that employees reported having trouble breathing and felt burning sensations in their eyes and throat.

Nalbone says emergency crews responded to a call that 54 employees were experiencing symptoms. Of those, 24 were taken to the hospital. One is in critical condition in the ICU, but expected to have “a positive outcome.”

According to Nalbone, an automated machine punctured a 9-ounce can of the bear spray, which contains highly concentrated capsaicin that is meant to repel aggressive bears up to 30 feet away.

Multiple brands of bear spray are available for sale on Amazon’s site.

Pet black bear kills Japanese caretaker

Pet black bear kills Japanese caretaker A bear standing 1.3 metres (4.2 feet) tall and weighing an estimated 50 kilos (110 pounds) attacked and killed a Japanese man who was found inside the animal's cage, police said Monday. Neighbours heard Soichiro Mori, 56, screaming for help at a house northeast of Tokyo on Sunday morning, according to a police spokesman. "When the neighbour went to the house, an injured person was found in the cage," the spokesman told AFP. The 15-year-old Asian black bear was owned by a 70-year-old man who kept the animal in a cage in his house. According to public broadcaster NHK, Mori was the bear's caretaker who had been hired by its owner.

More than 50 employees at an Amazon warehouse in New Jersey were sickened Wednesday after an automated machine punctured a can of bear repellent spray . Crews respond to the Amazon Fulfillment Center in Robbinsville, New Jersey, Wednesday morning after workers complained of

Twenty-four Amazon workers hospitalized and 30 more left with difficulty breathing and burning in their eyes and throat after a can of bear repellent explodes More than fifty Amazon workers have been left ill after a can of bear repellent exploded in their New Jersey warehouse. At least 24 people have

Amazon confirmed that a damaged canister caused the problem.

“Today at our Robbinsville fulfillment center, a damaged aerosol can dispensed strong fumes in a contained area of the facility,” Rachael Lighty, an Amazon spokesperson, said in a statement to TIME. “The safety of our employees is our top priority, and as such, all employees in that area have been relocated to safe place and employees experiencing symptoms are being treated onsite. As a precaution, some employees have been transported to local hospitals for evaluation and treatment. We appreciate the swift response of our local responders.” Nalbone says the building was given the all-clear by the health department a few hours later. He says the canister was punctured on the third floor of the building and impacted only a small area. No nearby residents were at risk. The workers who were not taken to the hospital were given a few extras hours for their lunch break and were expected to return to work around 4 or 5 p.m., Nalbone says

Police pepper spray nightclub revellers after wild brawl.
A man has been left with serious facial injuries after a brawl between two groups erupted in Melbourne's southeast overnight.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!