Enthusiasts Here's how to change a tire easily
WSBK MOST SUPERPOLE: REA Quickly front, Fritz much faster than Folger
© Motorsport Images Jonathan Rea also starts in Most from the Poleposition Superbike World Champion Jonathan Rea has secured itself in Most the sixth poles in the current season. The Kawasaki pilot continued his series in the Superpole and stands in the afternoon in running one on the starting place one. Yamaha Pilot Toprak Razgatlioglu and Ducati Pilot Scott Redding Complete Series One.
Sooner or later, we all end up with a flat tire. That's all right; it happens. But we want to show you how to easily change a tire on your own, which doesn't have to be a. And you certainly don't need to call AAA.
Here's a short video explaining the simplest and safest way to change a flat tire. It runs about 10 minutes, which includes me stopping to explain a lot -- so assume a tire change is about a 7-minute job. There's also a list below of 10 steps you can follow. Before you begin, I should call your attention to a few pro tips:
double tire damage brings TF Sport for possible GTE AM victory in Le Mans
© Motorsport Images Aston Martin Vantage TEF TF Sport at the 24 hours from Le Mans 2021 a double tire damage to the Aston Martin Vantage # 33 by TF Sport ( Felipe Fraga, Dylan Pereira and Ben Keating) was in the opinion of Tom Ferrier "the turning point" in the fight for class victory in the GTE at the 24 hours of Le Mans 2021. after the car has been turned over in the chaotic initial phase Was, start driver asked to take the lead in the class until the end of his triple stint.
- "Jacks are always about to fail." They aren't really, but if you make that your mantra, changing a tire won't feel so scary. You won't put yourself in harm's way in the highly unlikely case that the car comes tumbling down off the jack.
- Keep some gloves and a kneeling pad in your car. These two things radically transform changing a tire from an uncomfortable, dirty process into an easy, clean one.
- Watch my tip on how to "knee jack" your car's tire and wheel off the ground. They can be heavy, so if you pick them up the wrong way and throw out your back, you'll never be open to changing a tire again.
The only thing better than changing a flat the right way is not having to change one at all.. Instead, they rely on either seal-and-fill kits that repair the tire while it stays on the car, or they use run-flat tires that can limp without air to the nearest tire shop. Until you have one of those newer vehicles, watch the video.
Pirelli: But no special tire for steep curve in Zandvoort
© Motorsport Images Pirelli must be with the new steep curves in Zandvoort actually Pirelli had planned to bring special tires to Zandvoort, which can meet the requirements with the steep curves. But in the meantime, the tire manufacturer is convinced that the revised construction should be sufficient for a safe race. The plans had existed originally given for the comeback 2020 , which had to fail due to the coronapandemie.
Changing a flat in 10 easy steps
1. Secure the car on a flat surface out of traffic; chock the wheel in the opposite corner.
2. Loosen the lug nuts on the wheel with the car's lug wrench.
3. Place the car's jack under the car where its label indicates.
4. Jack up enough to get the wheel an inch or two off the ground.
5. Finish loosening the lug nuts and remove the flat tire.
6. Put the spare tire on.
7. Thread the nuts on and tighten just enough to hold the wheel on without slop.
8. Lower the jack so the car is back on the ground.
9. Finish tightening the nuts with upper body strength on the lug wrench.
10. Collect the flat, wrench, jack and anything you used to chock the car.
Pirelli: Solid tire allocation remains at the request of the teams also 2022 .
© Motorsport Images When testing in Abu Dhabi, the new tires still came to test carriers for use as part of the emergency measures introduced in the course of the Corona Pandemic in 2020 The Formula 1 team could no longer choose from the tire mixes of Pirelli. Instead, the tire soulster to each team assigned the same mix selection. It will remain in 2022.