Health Ely Lost 60 Pounds, and It All Started With This 1 Change to Her Morning Coffee
The One Ingredient You Probably Don’t Add to Your Coffee (But Totally Should!)
No matter where you get your daily caffeine fix, you should never settle for a boring, bitter brew.Before we can even function like normal human beings in the morning, most of us need a cup of coffee. However, the way we take it varies widely. Some of us brew it at home—and these are the only tricks you need to make the perfect pot—while others just pop into the nearest coffee chain for a quick (yet delicious!) cup of Joe.
Like many women,began her weight-loss journey to drop pounds, but she wasn't prepared for how much she'd gain emotionally along those 11 months. If you're a mother or have struggled with loving your body, you'll find inspiration in Ely's amazing, relatable transformation.
Ely began her journey at the end of January 2017 after gaining 66 pounds during her pregnancy. She shares with POPSUGAR that even before having her baby, "when I was only 56 kg (125 lbs), I wasn't happy then with my body." Weighing 192 pounds, Ely told POPSUGAR, it took her between 10 and 11 months to lose 60 pounds. She proudly says, "I'm now 60 kg (132 lbs), with more muscle, and yes, still holding fat in places, but where I am at now, I am happier about my body than I've ever been before. I'm proud and I'm changed."
This Coffee Pouring Puzzle Has Baffled the Internet. Can You Solve It?
Attention, brainteaser buffs! The Internet has once again bestowed another brain-blasting puzzle upon us, and this time it will really test your eye for detail. (Better yet, these brain exercises will help you get smarter.) Here’s the riddle: The photograph shows a hand pouring coffee into a set of chutes that each lead to one of four cups. Your goal is to determine which cup will be the first to be filled with coffee.While that might seem simple task at first, it has left thousands of people scratching their heads. As a matter of fact, the tweet has gone viral since it was posted, collecting nearly 2,000 retweets and over 4,000 likes.
What worked for Ely isn't anything that would surprise you - changing her diet and adding in exercise was the key to losing and maintaining her weight. Small changes worked best. She first cut out flavored syrups in her coffees and also started. She was shocked to find out a day - which she says was double her recommended amount!
Knowing that helped her figure out appropriate portion sizes, and she also discovered what types of foods offered the best results. Ely is all about eating a balanced diet but focuses on high fats, high protein, and 20 percent carbs.
Here's an example of what Ely ate in a day to lose those 60 pounds:
Breakfast: "Four eggs scrambled with salt (protein), half an avocado (fats) or a teaspoon of peanut butter (fats), and, of course, coffee - a Long Black (Americano) with a dash of cream."
Why we all need to embrace 'Fika' — the Swedish take on a coffee break
If you get your coffee in a to-go cup, you're doing it wrong.But perhaps it's time we adopt the Swedish approach to the coffee break, which, like so many things emanating from that bastion of Nordic traditions, is both practical and lovely in its simplicity.
Morning tea: "Usually I work out between brekkie and morning tea, so I have a protein shake after my workout, with either some fruit or some crackers and dip."
Lunch: "A nourish bowl (my favorite!) made with a poached egg, strips of chicken breast cooked in garlic salt, with cucumber, tomato, avocado, onion, chia seeds, nuts, and superfood salad mix from Coles (my grocery store) with either Kewpie mayo or a dressing of my choice."
Snack: "Greek yogurt and honey, or one boiled egg and fruit."
Dinner: "Oven-baked chicken legs or pork roast, with roast sweet potato, zucchini, onions, and carrots."
Ely doesn't shy away from! She says, "Sometimes the thought of a treat later was what got me through my workout. I still and drink wine." Working out enables her to have a healthier mindset toward treating herself.
Aside from watching her calories and macros, Ely focused on and lots of at-home workouts like . Ely started off with three 30-minute workouts each week, focusing on different parts of the body. She gradually added in a walk on the off days or a quick 10- to 15-minute HIIT workout from YouTube. She remained consistent with her diet and workouts, and the weight just started to drop!
“How I Turned Into A Morning Person – Workouts And All”
“How I Turned Into A Morning Person – Workouts And All”After leaving a law career to launch a women's workwear fashion brand in 2017, Stephanie Ray was already thinking about her life-work balance. But owning her own company, Grayes, women is as time-consuming, if not more, as being a lawyer. So she needed a change. She needed to become a morning person.
One of the main ways Ely stayed motivated throughout her journey was by taking. She's also motivated to work out purely for the reason that she knows - it's the perfect way to turn around a bad mood.
Ely is obviously so proud of losing 60 pounds, but that's not all she's happy about. "I found ME!" Ely shares. "Every triumph I had physically, I had mentally too." She adds, "Every week that passed throughout this journey, even though I was still 'big at the time,' because I was actually DOING something, I was finding myself becoming more secure,, more beautiful."
Looking back at the Instagram selfies she took throughout her journey, where she's still carrying quite a bit of weight, she remembers thinking while taking the photo, "Man I'm looking good. My face is looking slim." She goes on, "But the Ely that took that photo didn't think that AT ALL, because she was changing, she was conquering something day by day, and seeing the change. And I find that so beautiful." We do too!
Losing weight seems like it's all about the physical transformation, but it goes so much deeper than that. It's amazing to hear Ely say, "My biggest triumph has been thatover and over again throughout this weight-loss journey. At every single stage my body has been at, I've loved it."
This Woman Dropped 85 Pounds by Following a Few Simple Rules
It's a lot easier than you think. Molly Smith, a nutrition student from Vancouver, weighed almost 225 pounds at her heaviest due to a self-proclaimed food addiction. She'd binge on high-calorie snacks and over-eat when she "got hold of treats." Smith, 24, even became depressed, stating that "being overweight is so much more than a physical challenge, but a mental one too."Then, she fell for a guy and began losing weight in the hopes that he'd finally be interested in her. In the process, though, Smith shed the pounds for someone even better: herself.
Ely knows it's hard not to compare yourself to others you see on social media, but she says, "As soon as I realized my body was going to look different to that perfectly airbrushed model, and recognizing my body IS different, well you see that was the moment I won my first battle." You've got to embrace you -and all!
It's normal to have and , and no amount of fitness or weight loss will get rid of them, so stop stressing about it! Ely says that losing weight helped her - she's excited to rock her bikinis this Summer!
If you're on your own journey, Ely wants to remind you to take every day slowly and steadily. "Growth is not a perfect ascending diagonal line on a graph, it's a ziggidy zagged line. You will, but if you keep moving forward, if you keep getting yourself back up again, you will keep ascending. And before you know it, you will find yourself at the top, looking down, fist pumping the air, because you got yourself there."
Slideshow: 18 ways to change your body in 2018 (Provided by PopSugar)
- follow these tips that will change how your body looks and feels.Related
A 12-Month "I Am Strong" Challenge Better Than Any New Year's Resolution" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-1-of-19-p-if-your-goal-is-to-strengthen-and-sculpt-your-muscles-lean-down-body-fat-and-just-lo_168609_.img?content=1" title="If your goal is to strengthen and sculpt your muscles, lean down body fat, and just look overall ton... - POPSUGAR Photography / Kathryna Hancock" />
- Strength training, whether it's with weights or with bodyweight exercises, is what will tone your muscles, but in order to see results, you need to commit to 20- to 30-minute sessions at least three times a week." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-2-of-19-p-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-strength-training-tips-43386355-strength-train_640629_.img?content=1" title="Strength training, whether it's with weights or with bodyweight exercises, is what will tone your mu... - POPSUGAR Photography" />
Strength Train 3 Times a Week
- goal is to lose weight. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-3-of-19-p-do-60-minute-heart-pumping-cardio-workouts-five-times-a-week-if-your-a-href-https-ww_852895_.jpg?content=1" title="Do 60-minute heart-pumping cardio workouts five times a week if your goal is to lose weight. - POPSUGAR Photography / Ericka McConnell" />
Cardio 5 Times a Week
- squats and push-ups. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-4-of-19-p-play-with-speed-to-keep-your-muscles-guessing-lift-slowly-and-lower-quickly-or-pause_563377_.jpg?content=1" title="Play with speed to keep your muscles guessing. Lift slowly and lower quickly, or pause in the middle... - POPSUGAR Photography" />
Fast, Slow, and Everything in Between
- decreases your total body-fat percentage to reveal your sculpted muscles. Work your legs, butt, abs, back, and arms equally, and try these multitasking moves that work more than one part of the body at once." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-5-of-19-p-maybe-youre-itching-to-get-a-six-pack-or-a-lifted-booty-but-working-one-area-will-ca_958782_.jpg?content=1" title="Maybe you're itching to get a six-pack or a lifted booty, but working one area will cause muscle imb... - POPSUGAR Photography / Diggy Lloyd" />
Don't Just Target Trouble Zones
- reducing belly fat, doing intervals will also build endurance and increase your speed. But intervals aren't just for running! Do sprinting bursts during all types of cardio, whether you're cycling, jumping rope, dancing, or swimming - it also works for all types of cardio machines. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-6-of-19-p-aside-from-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-lose-belly-fat-intervals-2424316-re_660492_.jpg?content=1" title="Aside from reducing belly fat, doing intervals will also build endurance and increase your speed. Bu... - POPSUGAR Photography / Benjamin Stone" />
Mix Up Your Interval Training
- exercises that work more than one part of the body. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-7-of-19-p-dont-just-stand-there-doing-biceps-curls-when-you-could-be-doing-squats-to-tone-your_426107_.jpg?content=1" title="Don't just stand there doing biceps curls when you could be doing squats to tone your lower body at ... - POPSUGAR Photography" />
- incline works your legs and butt more and makes you work harder so you burn more calories. As a bonus, doing hills will also increase your endurance and speed when running or biking on flat surfaces, which will encourage longer workouts. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-8-of-19-p-the-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-tush-toning-interval-workout-treadmill-233_533176_.jpg?content=1" title="The incline works your legs and butt more and makes you work harder so you burn more calories. As a ... - POPSUGAR Photography / Kat Borchart" />
- using different pieces of equipment, checking out new fitness classes or activities, working out in different places like in the woods or at a rock climbing gym, or even just mixing up the exercises you do or the order in which you do them. A little change will fire up your mind and also challenge your muscles in different ways, making them stronger." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-9-of-19-p-doing-the-same-old-workouts-not-only-gets-boring-but-your-muscles-will-adapt-and-you_623214_.jpg?content=1" title="Doing the same old workouts not only gets boring, but your muscles will adapt and you'll hit a plate... - POPSUGAR Photography / Kathryna Hancock" />
Mix Up Your Routine
- kettlebell moves. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-10-of-19-p-short-on-time-the-average-person-burns-400-calories-in-20-minutes-when-doing-kettle_857346_.jpg?content=1" title="Short on time? The average person burns 400 calories in 20 minutes when doing kettlebell exercises. ... - POPSUGAR Photography / Benjamin Stone" />
Grab a Kettlebell
- you'll burn close to 50 calories more." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-11-of-19-p-push-yourself-to-go-five-extra-minutes-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-calori_549616_.jpg?content=1" title="Push yourself to go five extra minutes - you'll burn close to 50 calories more. - POPSUGAR Photography / Kat Borchart" />
Go 5 Extra Minutes
- moves that require no equipment." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-12-of-19-p-dont-just-lift-dumbbells-explore-all-types-of-equipment-including-resistance-bands-_299055_.jpg?content=1" title="Don't just lift dumbbells. Explore all types of equipment including resistance bands, kettlebells, s... - POPSUGAR Photography / Kat Borchart" />
Don't Just Lift Dumbbells
- 30-minute workout that mixes jumping rope with bodyweight exercises. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-14-of-19-p-get-more-out-of-your-workout-time-by-combining-strength-training-and-cardio-into-on_64135_.jpg?content=1" title="Get more out of your workout time by combining strength training and cardio into one workout for ser... - POPSUGAR Photography" />
Combine Strength Training and Cardio
- workout combines the rowing machine, elliptical, and treadmill." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-15-of-19-p-running-is-easy-and-popular-but-if-you-only-run-youre-working-the-same-muscles-do-d_687901_.jpg?content=1" title="Running is easy and popular, but if you only run, you're working the same muscles. Do different type... - POPSUGAR Photography / Kat Borchart" />
Mix Up Your Cardio
- push-ups vs. bench presses. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-16-of-19-p-bodyweight-exercises-are-shown-to-burn-more-calories-than-moves-that-use-dumbbells-_824946_.jpg?content=1" title="Bodyweight exercises are shown to burn more calories than moves that use dumbbells - think full-body... - POPSUGAR Photography" />
No Equipment Is No Problem!
- balance on a BOSU ball or stability ball while doing strength-training moves. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-17-of-19-p-work-harder-by-creating-instability-stand-on-one-leg-or-a-href-https-www-popsugar-c_792680_.img?content=1" title="Work harder by creating instability. Stand on one leg, or balance on a BOSU ball or stability ball w... - POPSUGAR Photography" />
Go For Instability
- yoga sequence at home. Staying supple will also prevent injury, so you'll be able to keep up with your weekly workouts. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/01/31/slide-19-of-19-p-if-your-goal-is-to-have-long-and-lean-toned-and-flexible-muscles-commit-to-doing-yo_329350_.jpg?content=1" title="If your goal is to have long and lean, toned, and flexible muscles, commit to doing yoga at least tw... - POPSUGAR Photography / Louisa Larson" />
Bad News, Friends: Coffee Doesn't Actually Count Toward Your Daily Water Intake .
You'd be hard-pressed not to find a coffee-lover just about anywhere you go, and rightfully so. Not only can the sweet aroma of coffee be the perfect (and, let's be real, usually necessary) start to our mornings, but it also has tons of health benefits and can even help you lose weight. But does the water in coffee count toward your recommended daily intake of water? There are conflicting views regarding this because it's thought to be a diuretic (i.e. it makes you urinate more frequently), which makes it work against the antidiuretic hormone that our bodies produce.
The Quickest And Healthiest Way To Lose Over 50 Pounds
Visit Our Website Here : http://bit.ly/2q90Dxh The Quickest And Healthiest Way To Lose Over 50 Pounds Weight loss is always challenging, whether you are a mom who wants to fit into your pre-pregn...
Singam 2 Tamil Full Movie
Subscribe Uie Movies for Latest Movies : https://www.youtube.com/UIEMovies Like Us : https://goo.gl/XVrj4u In Association with Divo http://www.facebook.com/divomovies https://twitter.com/divomovie...
Wednesday, 15 august 2018
When Katie Stubblefield was 18, she tried to kill herself with a gun. Now, she is the youngest face transplant recipient in U.S. history and wants to raise awareness around suicide prevention.As Katie Stubblefield brushed her fingers across her face, she could feel the […]
Canadian travellers beware: A dangerous parasitic illness spread by bugs that bite people's faces...Friday, 24 august 2018
Bloodsucking "kissing bugs" spread a parasitic disease that researchers call a "silent killer," since many people don't show signs of infection. Chagas disease causes serious heart complications in about 30% of patients.These bloodsucking bugs, called triatomine bugs, spread a […]
Thursday, 23 august 2018
Oprah Winfrey’s food line, O, That’s Good!, is releasing a healthy frozen version of everyone’s favorite food — with a twist. Oprah Winfrey’s food line, O, That’s Good!, is releasing a healthy frozen version of everyone’s favorite food — with a twist. The media mogul and Kraft Heinz […]
Friday, 24 august 2018
A Harvard professor’s assertion that the oil is like “poison” is just one more battle in the coconut oil wars. Over the past 10 years or so, coconut oil has become a mainstay as both a food and a personal care product. Goop mentions it in at least 168 articles, even going so far as to […]
Friday, 31 august 2018
Men who followed a Mediterranean diet were less likely to to be impotent, according to a new study. Consuming at least nine weekly tablespoons of olive oil was also linked to higher levels of testosterone. Not a fan of Viagra? Not a problem. To deal with impotence, a new study from Greece […]
Friday, 31 august 2018
Toddler With 2-Pack-a-Day Habit Outrages InternetHis mother, Maryati, said he pitches a fit if he isn't allowed to light up, telling Caters News Agency she would relent and buy him smokes to keep him from throwing a […]
Thursday, 16 august 2018
This Woman Posted a Photo of Her Curved Nail on Facebook—and Had 'No Idea' It Was a Sign of CancerMost people know to schedule an appointment with their doctor ASAP if they feel a strange lump on their breast or neck. But signs of cancer can be less obvious, too—some, like a […]
Monday, 20 august 2018
Rosie Mercado is body goals! Ahead of her premiere on Vivica A. Fox ’s talk show, Face the Truth, on CBS this fall, the model, TV host and life coach spoke to Us Weekly about her journey from a size 34 to a size 14, how she lost nearly 250 pounds and the health lessons that have stuck […]