Health I Drank Green Tea For 1 Week Instead of Coffee and This Is What Floored Me
This Coffee Pouring Puzzle Has Baffled the Internet. Can You Solve It?
Attention, brainteaser buffs! The Internet has once again bestowed another brain-blasting puzzle upon us, and this time it will really test your eye for detail. (Better yet, these brain exercises will help you get smarter.) Here’s the riddle: The photograph shows a hand pouring coffee into a set of chutes that each lead to one of four cups. Your goal is to determine which cup will be the first to be filled with coffee.While that might seem simple task at first, it has left thousands of people scratching their heads. As a matter of fact, the tweet has gone viral since it was posted, collecting nearly 2,000 retweets and over 4,000 likes.
I know there are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. Drinkingor won't make a huge, permanent difference to the scale. So when I decided to drink green tea for a week instead of coffee, it wasn't because of the .
Why we all need to embrace 'Fika' — the Swedish take on a coffee break
If you get your coffee in a to-go cup, you're doing it wrong.But perhaps it's time we adopt the Swedish approach to the coffee break, which, like so many things emanating from that bastion of Nordic traditions, is both practical and lovely in its simplicity.
I decided to swap my cup of joe for green tea just to make sure I wasn't. A small cup of coffee offers about 65 milligrams, and a . Would I be OK with less caffeine? I know so many people who HAVE to have two or more cups of coffee in the morning, or they'll be cranky, exhausted, feel dizzy, or have headaches. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't dependent on my cup.
For a little background, I'm one of those weird people who didn't startuntil I was 40 years old. Although I know have about a year of coffee-drinking under my belt, I still wouldn't call myself a coffee drinker. There have been mornings when I completely forget to drink it, and when I'm immersed in writing, sometimes it takes me hours to finish a cup.
The Latest Coffee Trend Is Cat Poop Coffee — & It's Very Expensive
The Latest Coffee Trend Is Cat Poop Coffee — & It's Very ExpensiveIt's called cat poop coffee, and it's popular in Vietnam and across Southeast Asia.
So skipping out on coffee didn't seem like it'd be a big deal at all. I wasn't missing out on the ritual of sipping on something warm because I still had a mug of hot tea to wrap my hands around. And I wasn't missing out on the taste because instead of my usual black coffee, I chose a green chai tea, so it had a similar robust flavor.
The entire week of passing on coffee, I still felt energized, alert, and peppy. But what shocked me was that for the first three days, I experienced athat lasted all morning long. The rest of the week, my head felt fine. I was surprised (and disturbed!) that missing out on such a small amount of caffeine caused withdrawal symptoms. It kind of freaked me out!
Another benefit I noticed had to do with my belly. Since, and drink my cup of , sometimes it can irritate my belly - but my stomach felt great all week on green tea.
Bad News, Friends: Coffee Doesn't Actually Count Toward Your Daily Water Intake
You'd be hard-pressed not to find a coffee-lover just about anywhere you go, and rightfully so. Not only can the sweet aroma of coffee be the perfect (and, let's be real, usually necessary) start to our mornings, but it also has tons of health benefits and can even help you lose weight. But does the water in coffee count toward your recommended daily intake of water? There are conflicting views regarding this because it's thought to be a diuretic (i.e. it makes you urinate more frequently), which makes it work against the antidiuretic hormone that our bodies produce.
While this little experiment won't make me give up coffee forever, experiencing how my body felt off coffee has inspired me to cut down a little bit. So this week, along with my package of coffee beans, I picked up some new andto sip on a few mornings a week.
Slideshow: These are the 15 superfoods your kitchen needs in 2018 (Provided by PopSugar)
- acai, chia, cacao, and spirulina in our local grocery stores. Wellness cafes are abundant, and menus have become increasingly aware of the next great smoothie, herbal tea, and clean alternative. Each year comes with its own health-food trends, and 2018 is no different. As we slowly but surely transition from Fall feasting into an approaching new year with fresh, healthy resolutions, there are new superfoods that we should all be keeping on our radar. From greens and gut-healthy go-tos to sweet options and cooking oils for every chef, foodie, or healthy eater, these are some superfoods that deserve to be household names." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-1-of-14-p-in-todays-age-of-feeling-good-and-eating-better-it-has-become-a-common-occurrence-to_404295_.jpg?content=1" title="In today's age of feeling good and eating better, it has become a common occurrence to find superfoo... - Unsplash user Joanna Kosinska" />
- moringa oleifera, this very nutritious plant is going to take over for supergreen must haves like kale, green tea, and matcha. It's antiaging and anti-inflammatory, and it's packed with all nine essential amino acids, powerful antioxidants, and an unbelievable amount of iron, calcium, protein, and vitamin C." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-2-of-14-p-classically-known-as-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-benefits-moringa-38503956_515678_.img?content=1" title="Classically known as moringa oleifera, this very nutritious plant is going to take over for supergre... - Flickr user Forest and Kim Starr" />
- coconut oil goodbye! While it's no bowl of guacamole, this oil alternative has the ability to improve heart health and skin quality, and it neutralizes free radicals. With high levels of antioxidants, healthy fats, and a burn point that keeps from destroying nutrients, it's ideal for cooking and tastes really good." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-3-of-14-p-kiss-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-coconut-oil-healthy-43676177-coconut-oil-_21386_.jpg?content=1" title="Kiss coconut oil goodbye! While it's no bowl of guacamole, this oil alternative has the ability to i... - Unsplash / Nur Afni Setiyaningrum" />
- Rose water, herbal teas, and garnishes made from edible flowers have been around for years, but the elderflower has an unrivaled antiviral effect. It is great for fighting off swollen sinuses, a sore throat, the common cold, and flu. Even the berry of the shrub can be cooked into jams or jellies." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-4-of-14-p-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-what-does-rose-water-taste-like-40566463-rose-_655481_.img?content=1" title="Rose water, herbal teas, and garnishes made from edible flowers have been around for years, but the ... - Flickr user Bill Tyne" />
- Pink pineapples are as rich in color as they are in health benefits. This upcoming year, shades of red and purple are going to be filling our plates. The modified sweet fruit contains the same antioxidant, lycopene, that gives tomatoes their red color - which may play a role in preventing cancer." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-5-of-14-p-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-food-what-pink-pineapple-43551645-pink-pineapples-a-ar_981851_.jpg?content=1" title="Pink pineapples are as rich in color as they are in health benefits. This upcoming year, shades of r... - Flickr user Jennifer Balaco" />
- India, this ancient herb has been used in Ayurvedic healing for ages. Ashwagandha's intense healing effects can be used to regulate the immune system, prevent stress, and combat anxiety, insomnia, liver problems, and more. The leaf is most easily found as a powder or in a capsule form." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-6-of-14-p-native-to-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-smart-living-what-like-travel-india-43960157_942739_.jpg?content=1" title="Native to India, this ancient herb has been used in Ayurvedic healing for ages. Ashwagandha's intens... - Stocksnap user Hari Prasad Nadig" />
- baobab dries on the branch and produces a powder that can help to restore skin complexion, heal damage, improve elasticity, and fight aging. It's naturally rich in vitamin A, C, D, E, and F, plus fatty acids, minerals, and B complexes. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-7-of-14-p-containing-more-antioxidants-than-any-other-fruit-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-smar_716625_.jpg?content=1" title="Containing more antioxidants than any other fruit, baobab dries on the branch and produces a powder ... - Organic Burst" />
- baking flour alternative for those who suffer from bloating, IBS, or gluten intolerance. Traditionally used in Bali and South Asia, this soft powder is Paleo, vegan-friendly, and nut-free! Other benefits include vitamin C, copper, and folate.
" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-8-of-14-p-this-vegetable-is-a-great-source-of-carbohydrates-and-is-likely-going-to-become-a-go_956175_.jpg?content=1" title="This vegetable is a great source of carbohydrates and is likely going to become a go-to baking flour... - Unsplash user Alison Marras" />
- vitamin C! This small and sour superfruit contains more of it than any other plant in the world! It's native to the Amazon rainforest and a very rich source of powerful phytochemicals that enhance the immune system and mood and improve the aging process." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-9-of-14-p-hello-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-immunity-boosting-shot-42688138-vitamin-_642432_.jpg?content=1" title="Hello, vitamin C! This small and sour superfruit contains more of it than any other plant in the wor... - Terra Soul" />
- this vegetable has been around for some time, but peas are only just beginning to be recognized for their true potential. These green veggies can be eaten dry, crispy, steamed, or raw. Free of allergens and proteins that tend to cause reactions, they're a great nutrient-packed snack, side, or supplement." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-10-of-14-p-its-true-that-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-food-how-enjoy-english-peas-3031692-thi_257418_.jpg?content=1" title="It's true that this vegetable has been around for some time, but peas are only just beginning to be ... - Flickr user Mike Licht" />
- acai and goji berries have had their starlight, it's time for maqui berries to have theirs. Full of fiber, anti-inflammatory properties, minerals, and a colorful spectrum of vitamins, these berries can aid digestion, boost metabolism, and help to regulate blood sugar." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-11-of-14-p-now-that-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-food-how-make-acai-bowl-41429982-acai-a-and-_739412_.jpg?content=1" title="Now that acai and goji berries have had their starlight, it's time for maqui berries to have theirs.... - Flickr user sembrandogirasoles" />
- cannabis, hemp is used in an entirely different way. It is extremely high in just about every nutrient and can be used to balance hormones and improve digestion, metabolism, and joint pain. A single seed contains lots of GLA, vitamins, 21 amino acids, and an optimal 3:1 ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-12-of-14-p-derived-from-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-news-women-leaders-cannabis-industry-434_796751_.jpg?content=1" title="Derived from cannabis, hemp is used in an entirely different way. It is extremely high in just about... - A Beautiful Mess" />
- chia seeds and flaxseed to step aside. Watermelon seeds are a great source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, protein, vitamin B, and magnesium. They're delicious sprinkled over a breakfast bowl for a nutritious charge, on their own, or roasted as a snack." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-13-of-14-p-its-time-for-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-how-eat-chia-seeds-35976785-chia_307574_.img?content=1" title="It's time for chia seeds and flaxseed to step aside. Watermelon seeds are a great source of monounsa... - Unsplash user Joanna Kosinska" />
- mushrooms (especially chaga) in everything from cold brew coffees to nutritional powders. With impressive levels of antioxidants, they can actually increase the production of certain cells and support the immune system. Plus, they are anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, and high in fiber, which will help soothe the digestive system! " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-14-of-14-p-were-going-to-start-finding-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-healthy-mushroom-_207858_.img?content=1" title="We're going to start finding mushrooms (especially chaga) in everything from cold brew coffees to nu... - Stocksnap / Joanna Kosinska" />
I Drank Beachbody's Shakeology Every Morning For 1 Week, and Here's What Happened .
I Drank Beachbody's Shakeology Every Morning For 1 Week, and Here's What HappenedYou may have heard of Shakeology at some point because it's made by Beachbody, the ever-reliable platform that gave us P90X, 80-Day Obsession, and Insanity. This all-encompassing protein powder claims to help you lose weight, reduce cravings, give you healthy energy, and support digestion. Those are some pretty big claims, so I drank it every single day for a week to see what would happen.
Ditch the Coffee for a Healthy Tea Elixir
Find what works for you and just make better choices. Experiment and explore. Superfoods mentioned in this video are available on multiple sites Maca----- http://amzn.to/2f72k9E Chia Seeds-----...
Masquerade | Critical Role RPG Episode 99
Tary returns to deal with the distinction of his family, and echoes of the past follow Vox Machina to Whitestone. Watch Critical Role Live Thursdays at 7pm PT at https://www.twitch.tv/geekandsundr...
Friday, 31 august 2018
Men who followed a Mediterranean diet were less likely to to be impotent, according to a new study. Consuming at least nine weekly tablespoons of olive oil was also linked to higher levels of testosterone. Not a fan of Viagra? Not a problem. To deal with impotence, a new study from Greece […]
Friday, 31 august 2018
Toddler With 2-Pack-a-Day Habit Outrages InternetHis mother, Maryati, said he pitches a fit if he isn't allowed to light up, telling Caters News Agency she would relent and buy him smokes to keep him from throwing a […]
Saturday, 01 september 2018
What To Say When Someone Says They Have HIVIf someone discloses their status to you, it’s a sign that they trust you, so do your best to be respectful and supportive in return. If you have questions, ask them how you can get informed about HIV. A small gesture to learn more will show that […]
Monday, 27 august 2018
We know that women often feel disenfranchised when it comes to mainstream medicine. Goop and the rest of the wellness industry has tapped into that frustration and exploited it for profit. Women have long been absent from medical research, with male subjects serving as the default human […]
Thursday, 06 september 2018
Mark Wahlberg Shares His Cryo Chamber HabitsThe 47-year-old actor shared on Ellen on Tuesday that his latest strategy to help his body recover from intense workouts is spending time in a cryotherapy chamber, or a small room kept, in his case, at 150 degrees below zero. Dressed in a mask, […]
Saturday, 01 september 2018
N.Y. Mom Opens Up About Having Stomach Removed After Cancer Diagnosis: 'It Was So Terrifying'Solt, 36, was enjoying life with her husband, Juan Pablo Horcasitas, and their then-14-month-old son, Martin, in New York City when she was diagnosed with hereditary diffuse gastric cancer […]
Monday, 27 august 2018
This Is How Much Meat You Should Be Eating a Week, According to ExpertsOne benefit of eating so much meat is getting an abundance of protein, an important macronutrient that builds muscle and keeps you feeling full. But when it comes to protein needs, there's no one-size-fits-all […]
Tuesday, 28 august 2018
A 24-year-old woman in the U.K. is warning others about the potential dangers of sucking on balloons for a high after she claims she’s been left paralyzed. Olivia Golding, who claims she inhaled 15 balloons filled with nitrous oxide while at a festival, said her issues started with a pins […]