•   
  •   
  •   

CanadaTwo-day sex assault prelim hearing confirmed for Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard

19:16  06 may  2019
19:16  06 may  2019 Source:   msn.com

Larry Jenkins, 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' and 'Edtv' Actor, Dies at 63

Larry Jenkins, 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' and 'Edtv' Actor, Dies at 63 The actor began his career in 1978 and went on to appear in numerous TV series, movies and Gospel titles.

An Ontario court has confirmed a two - day preliminary hearing will be held in July in the sex assault case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard . Toronto police arrested Hoggard last summer and charged him with two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm and one count of sexual interference.

An Ontario court has confirmed a two - day preliminary hearing will be held on July 11 and 12 in the sex assault case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard . Jacob Hoggard of Hedley hosts the 2015 JUNO Awards at FirstOntario Centre on March 15, 2015 in Hamilton, Canada.

Two-day sex assault prelim hearing confirmed for Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard © THE CANADIAN PRESS/Peter Power Jacob Hoggard, of Hedley, poses backstage following the 2015 Juno Awards in Hamilton, Ont., on Sunday, March 15, 2015.

TORONTO — An Ontario court has confirmed a two-day preliminary hearing will be held in July in the sex assault case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard.

Toronto police arrested Hoggard last summer and charged him with two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm and one count of sexual interference.

Police say the charges relate to three different incidents involving a girl under the age of 16 and a woman that allegedly took place in the Toronto area in 2016.

Hoggard has previously denied engaging in non-consensual sexual behaviour, but has said he acted in a way that objectifies women.

Allegations of sexual misconduct emerged before the charges were laid, which prompted Hedley to go on an indefinite hiatus.

During a brief hearing Monday, the court confirmed that the preliminary hearing is set for July 11 and 12.

The Canadian Press

Read more

'Were you at all turned on?': RCMP's handling of sexual assault interview denounced.
A young Indigenous woman who once reported a sexual assault to B.C. police says she has been retraumatized after watching video of a lone male RCMP investigator ask if she was "turned on" by the attack. The 2012 video, released as part of disclosure in an ongoing civil suit, shows the woman, then 16 years old, sitting in a room in the Kelowna RCMP detachment with an officer as he asks if she's aware the alleged offender might have to go to jail. "Were you at all turned on during this at all, even a little bit?" the officer asks. "No," she replies.

usr: 1
This is interesting!