Canada: B.C. man who tormented ex-wife with ‘revenge website’ loses appeal bid - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

CanadaB.C. man who tormented ex-wife with ‘revenge website’ loses appeal bid

18:18  12 june  2019
18:18  12 june  2019 Source:   globalnews.ca

Doctor 'cautioned' after boy receives wrong vaccine twice at Cambridge clinic

Doctor 'cautioned' after boy receives wrong vaccine twice at Cambridge clinic A family doctor has been cautioned by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario after a boy was given the wrong vaccine twice at a walk-in clinic in Cambridge, Ont. According to a decision by the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, the boy and his mother attended First Line Walk-In Clinic on Dec. 15, 2017 to receive a vaccine for meningitis. The doctor who saw the boy administered the Menjucate C vaccine instead of the Men C ACYW135 vaccine. The boy and his mother later returned to the clinic on Jan. 20, 2018, to receive the correct vaccine and were seen by a different doctor.

Desiree Capuano says her ex -husband's "sick fixation" is ruining her family's life, but Patrick Fox is unapologetic about creating a website designed to

B . C . man ’s ex - wife says his revenge website forcing her to change identity. Justice Heather Holmes of the B . C . Supreme Court said Fox made it his mission to make Capuano’s life miserable. The harassment caused Capuano to lose friends, have trouble keeping and finding a job, and damaged

B.C. man who tormented ex-wife with ‘revenge website’ loses appeal bid © THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO-Patrick Fox Patrick Fox of Burnaby, B.C., shown in this undated handout image, says he created a website about his ex-wife to do as much damage to her life and reputation as possible.

A Burnaby man convicted of criminal harassment after orchestrating an online campaign to harass his ex-wife with a "revenge website" has failed in an attempt to appeal his guilty verdict and sentence.

In a ruling posted Tuesday, the B.C. Court of Appeal found that Patrick Fox had failed to gather and submit the necessary documents to proceed with an appeal.

READ MORE: B.C. man going to prison for creating revenge website against ex-wife

Edward Downey wants new trial or lesser sentence after being convicted of killing mother, daughter

Edward Downey wants new trial or lesser sentence after being convicted of killing mother, daughter One of Calgary's most notorious child killers wants a new trial, or at least a lesser sentence, according to a notice of appeal filed with Alberta's top court Monday morning. Edward Downey, 49, was convicted of murdering Taliyah Marsman, 5, and her mother, Sara Baillie, on July 11, 2016. Downey was convicted following a jury trial in 2018 and sentenced last month to life in prison with no chance of parole for 50 years. Both Baillie and Taliyah died by asphyxiation. Baillie was found wrapped in duct tape and stuffed inside a laundry hamper. Her daughter's body was discovered days later, in a rural area east of the city.

VANCOUVER—A British Columbia man convicted of criminally harassing his ex - wife says he created a revenge website to destroy her reputation because she insulted him in emails and had him deported without their teenage son. Patrick Fox told his sentencing hearing on Tuesday in B . C . Supreme Court

The site has posted private photos, her address and phone number and described her as a white supremacist, child abuser and drug addict. Earlier this year, B . C . Crown lawyers ruled a criminal harassment charge could not be laid against Fox, because of a lack of evidence that the woman had

Fox was arrested again in April and charged with breach of probation. That charge has yet to be heard in court.

In June 2017, Fox was convicted of criminal harassment and a firearms charge in a trial where he largely represented himself. He was sentenced to three years in prison, minus time served, followed by three years of probation.

During the trial, court heard that Fox had operated a salacious and defamatory website targeting his ex, U.S. resident Desiree Capuano, and had sent threatening emails, including one pledging to commit the rest of his life to destroying hers.

READ MORE: Vancouver man accused of tormenting ex-wife online found guilty of criminal harassment

In November 2017, Fox launched an appeal of the conviction, alleging that the legal counsel he had been provided had intentionally given him bad legal help in a co-ordinated effort with Crown counsel to cover up perjury on his ex-wife's part.

Court agrees to listen to Led Zeppelin in 'Stairway' appeal

Court agrees to listen to Led Zeppelin in 'Stairway' appeal Court agrees to listen to Led Zeppelin in 'Stairway' appeal

VANCOUVER – A man accused of trying to emotionally ruin the life of his ex - wife using online posts has been found guilty of criminal harassment and unlawful possession of a firearm by a B . C . Supreme Court jury.

The site calls her a drug addict, a child abuser and a white supremacist. She says it has harmed her ability to find work. CBC News provided the emails and documents Capuano says she gave police to a lawyer who has experience as a prosecutor and defence counsel in cases of criminal harassment.

But the appellate court's three-judge panel said in a series of pre-appeal hearings following his conviction that Fox was repeatedly warned he would need to provide court transcripts and other paperwork or risk having his case thrown out. Fox argued he couldn't afford to gather the materials.

READ MORE: Emails were like ‘a daily beating’ — revenge website trial enters third day

The panel said that Fox confirmed last week that he would be unable to produce the necessary paperwork to proceed.

In dismissing Fox's appeal, the court also issued several new orders blocking him from publishing or sharing any information related to the case and barring the publication of details relating to his alleged breaches of probation.

Fox is due back in court in August to face the probation charges.

Report: Donaldson won't serve 1-game suspension after winning appeal.
Atlanta Braves third baseman Josh Donaldson will not serve a one-game suspension after winning an appeal, a source told ESPN's Jeff Passan. He will instead pay a $1,000 fine. Donaldson's initial ban stemmed from a benches-clearing incident against the Pittsburgh Pirates on June 10 after he was hit by a Joe Musgrove pitch in the first inning. Benches clear as #Braves' Josh Donaldson is hit by a pitch by Pirates' Joe Musgrove. pic.twitter.com/7xKeHgC9Fn— FOX Sports: Braves (@FOXSportsBraves) June 10, 2019 Though both players were ejected from the game, Musgrove was not disciplined following the fracas. Copyright © 2019 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 6
This is interesting!