Canada: Women at risk as sex offender released to live in Winnipeg, police say - - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

CanadaWomen at risk as sex offender released to live in Winnipeg, police say

22:55  11 july  2019
22:55  11 july  2019 Source:   cbc.ca

Victims forced to work in Winnipeg sex trade, say police

Victims forced to work in Winnipeg sex trade, say police Winnipeg police arrested three men over the weekend as part of an investigation into the city's sex trade. Police said the case began in April when they were alerted to a woman who was being threatened and forced to work in the sex trade. The Counter Exploitation Unit's investigation unearthed two more victims, who told police they were promised money, housing, clothing and other amenities. Police said the suspects were advertising the victims online as escorts who would provide sexual services, and would arrange for customers to meet the women at hostels throughout the city.

Women at risk as sex offender released to live in Winnipeg, police say© Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit Cecil Junior Houle participated in some treatment programming while in jail but is still considered high risk to reoffend.

A convicted sex offender, considered to be a high risk to reoffend, is being released from jail and is expected to live in Winnipeg, police say.

The Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit (MIHRSOU), a joint forces unit of the Winnipeg Police Service and the RCMP, issued a notification about Cecil Junior Houle on Thursday.

The 43-year-old, who also goes by the names Chubby Houle and Junior Houle, is being released from Headingley Correctional Centre on Thursday after having served a one-year sentence for failing to obey a court order.

Man, 22, accused of voyeurism after allegedly recording women in change rooms

Man, 22, accused of voyeurism after allegedly recording women in change rooms Toronto police say a 22-year-old man is facing charges after he allegedly recorded women in a changing room at a popular shopping mall in the city on Saturday. Officers allege the man, who cannot be identified because of a publication ban, went into a clothing store at the Eaton Centre at about 4 p.m. and entered a unisex changing room. They allege the man then placed a "homemade recording device" on the floor between change room stalls and recorded multiple women changing. They say one of the women noticed the device and notified both security and police. Investigators say they found numerous video clips of unknown women on the man's device.

He had previously served 15 years for the manslaughter of his common-law wife and for sexual assault causing bodily harm against an 18-year-old woman.

He was released in January 2018 with court-ordered conditions but was re-arrested after breaching them.

Houle participated in some treatment programming while in jail but is still considered a high risk to reoffend, the MIHRSOU said, adding he poses a risk of sexual violence to all people — particularly females.

"This information is provided to enable members of the public to take suitable measures to protect themselves. Any form of vigilante activity or other unreasonable conduct directed at Houle will not be tolerated," stated the release from the sex offender unit.

Read more

Overwhelmed officers may no longer be able to arrest break-in, robbery suspects, police chief says.
Police Chief Danny Smyth says the Winnipeg Police Service is so overloaded with work, many officers may not be able to arrest break-and-enter suspects.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!