Canada: ‘Stuff of nightmares’: Crown wants 29 years for father who sexually abused daughters at rural compound - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

Canada‘Stuff of nightmares’: Crown wants 29 years for father who sexually abused daughters at rural compound

19:41  17 september  2019
19:41  17 september  2019 Source:   edmontonjournal.com

Kelowna court hears disturbing details from father's triple murder confession

Kelowna court hears disturbing details from father's triple murder confession Jacob Forman admitted to killing his wife and two daughters in the family home in December of 2017.

A man who admitted to sexually abusing his young daughters at a gun-laden compound west of Edmonton should serve 29 years in prison, Crown Crown attorneys want 29 years in prison for an Alberta man convicted of sexually abusing his daughters , calling the case "unprecedented."

THIS was the moment a furious dad battered a teacher accused of sexually abusing his teenage daughter . He has reportedly been suspended from Commercial Female School Santa Marta, Argentina, after being accused of repeatedly sexually abusing the teenager.

‘Stuff of nightmares’: Crown wants 29 years for father who sexually abused daughters at rural compound © Ed Kaiser Ed Kaiser Crown attorneys want 29 years in prison for an Alberta man convicted of sexually abusing his daughters, calling the case

Warning: this story contains disturbing details.

A man who admitted to sexually abusing his young daughters at a gun-laden compound west of Edmonton should serve 29 years in prison, Crown attorneys argued Monday, calling his crimes “horrific.”

The accused, whose name is covered by a publication ban to protect the identities of his children, was in court Monday for a sentencing hearing. He pleaded guilty to charges including making child pornography, incest, sexual assault, and child exploitation earlier this year.

'You denied your daughters their childhood.' Judge sentences elderly B.C. man in sex-abuse case

'You denied your daughters their childhood.' Judge sentences elderly B.C. man in sex-abuse case An 86-year-old B.C. man who repeatedly sexually abused his two daughters nearly 50 years ago has been sentenced to 10 years in prison. The man, who is identified only by initials in a court ruling, was convicted in November 2018 of two counts of sexual intercourse without a person’s consent and two counts of indecent assault, with the offences occurring at “various locations” around B.C. 

A monster father who sexually abused his daughters from the age of four and let his co-workers gang rape them has been jailed after more than two During a police interview, he blamed the 20-plus years of relentless sexual abuse on a 'vision' he had of one of his daughters becoming a drug addict and

A father was given home detention for a sex abuse charge when he was sentenced in the New Plymouth District Court on Wednesday. A Taranaki father 's sexual abuse of his daughter left her struggling with life and resorting to self harm, a court has heard.

RCMP arrested the man in late 2016 after a tip from an extended family member. Court heard the man offered his teenaged daughter up for sex with strangers on the internet — filming, directing and even participating in one of the rapes. He later forced the daughter to watch video of the assaults.

Crown prosecutor Suvidha Kalra said the proposed 29-year sentence is unprecedented when compared to similar Canadian cases.

“I understand I am asking for an unprecedented sentence,” she told Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Vital Ouellette. “But with respect, sir, this man is an unprecedented offender.”

Kalra told Ouellette the sentence he passes “must tell this offender and anyone like him that this type of carnage will not be tolerated. This is the stuff of nightmares. The difference is for the complainants and the family — they don’t get to wake up.”

Sister of Andrew Berry tried to manipulate him into confessing, defence lawyer says

Sister of Andrew Berry tried to manipulate him into confessing, defence lawyer says The defence lawyer for Andrew Berry, a Vancouver Island man accused of killing his two young daughters, spent a second day delivering closing arguments to the jury.

The Rochdale child sex abuse ring involved underage teenage girls in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England. Nine men were convicted of sex trafficking and other offences including rape

Robert Patrick Claffey sexually abused a seven- year -old girl who was preparing for her first communion in 1969 in the first of ‘a truly appalling litany of A Catholic priest who sexually abused 12 Victorian children over decades in a “shameful and protracted abuse of his authority” has been jailed

The accused, who is in his 40s, lived on a rural property near Evansburg with his family — including his three young daughters.

According to an agreed statement of facts, he was “heavily involved” in weapons training, military tactics and survival techniques — motivated in part by the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. His children, who were homeschooled, took part in firearms training and military drills. The man’s wife was the household’s only breadwinner, and was frequently out of the house working nights and weekends when the abuse would occur.

Police searched the accused’s property in November of 2016 after receiving the tip. They seized several electronic devices which contained child pornography of the daughters, as well as 20 to 30 rifles and handguns scattered throughout the property. Court heard the man had 24 registered restricted firearms and over 15,000 rounds of ammunition, as well as tactical clothing and accessories.

Alberta father handed 23.5-year sentence for sexually assaulting daughters

  Alberta father handed 23.5-year sentence for sexually assaulting daughters An Alberta man has been given a 23-and-a-half-year sentence for repeatedly sexually assaulting his three daughters over a six-year period. The Evansburg man, who cannot be identified in order to protect the victims, was arrested in 2016. He originally faced more than 40 charges. In February, he pleaded guilty to 10 charges related to child pornography, firearms and sexual offences against his daughters.READ MORE: Alberta father admits to sexually assaulting 3 daughters In an agreed statement of facts, the father admitted to repeatedly sexually assaulting the girls over a period of six years.

A PERTH father , who was jailed for more than 22 years for orchestrating a sick pedophile ring and sexually abusing his daughter repeatedly for years , told police They involved the father repeatedly raping his daughter , watching as the other men did the same, forcing her to shower with an abuser

A Western Australia man sexually abused his daughter for a decade from when she turned two until she became too old to satisfy his paedophiliac The father would wait until his wife and stepdaughter had left the house to abuse the girl and admitted grooming her and treating her in a way that would

The man was initially charged with 23 sexual offences involving his daughters and another 17 firearms-related crimes. He entered guilty pleas on 10 of the charges in February.

Kalra said that while the Crown’s proposed sentence might appear severe, her office exercised restraint on some charges in an effort to ensure the sentence was not “unduly harsh.” While the accused’s guilty pleas should mitigate his sentence somewhat, Kalra said they came in the face of a strong Crown case that included video evidence. She added he has made no expression of remorse.

Kalra was emotional as she argued against the defence position that the accused is “non-violent,” saying the man abused his daughter “in every way humanly possible over the course of years, multiple times a week.” She said the accused called her degrading names during the rapes. Once, when she displeased him, the man stuck clothing pins attached to a rope all over her body and pulled, leaving her covered in bloody wounds.

During a video of one of the incidents, the accused “served (his daughter) up to strangers,” Kalra said, adding he could be heard telling the men they could be “aggressive” as long as they did not leave permanent marks or pull out her hair. She noted that despite being tied up, ”she doesn’t scream. Can you imagine what must have been done to this human soul that …. she does not make a sound?”

Father's testimony at murder trial like plot of 'bad low-budget movie:' Crown

  Father's testimony at murder trial like plot of 'bad low-budget movie:' Crown VANCOUVER — A father accused of murdering his two daughters has told his trial a "yarn" about the day the girls were killed, a Crown attorney argued Friday. Patrick Weir alleged in his closing arguments in the B.C. Supreme Court that Andrew Berry is responsible for the deaths of his daughters on Christmas Day in 2017 in Oak Bay, near Victoria. As Christmas Day loomed, Berry was "so destitute he didn't even have food for the girls" and he had noPatrick Weir alleged in his closing arguments in the B.C. Supreme Court that Andrew Berry is responsible for the deaths of his daughters on Christmas Day in 2017 in Oak Bay, near Victoria.

You gave me nightmares every night for years . I would wake up screaming in terror, trying to escape the monster in my dream that Ur not the only one who went through this. My dad abused me and my family and raped my mum over 8 years ago and he got away with it and now he wants contact with me.

A father who sexually abused his daughter , step- daughter , chickens and family dog has been jailed for nearly three years . The Australian man who cannot be named for legal reasons, voluntarily confessed his crimes to his ex-wife and then to police.

Related

Kalra also read an updated agreed statement of facts into the record, detailing a case in which the accused attempted, while in jail, to contact one of his daughters through his father. As a result, his daughters were frightened, had trouble sleeping and worried about coming to court.

Defence counsel Alexandra Seaman argued for a 16 to 18-year sentence. She acknowledged the facts of the case would “shock the community” and said there is “absolutely no way to downplay that.” But she disagreed that the case is unprecedented, saying Canadian courts have dealt with similarly disturbing cases with sentences lower than the Crown proposal.

Seaman said “a 29-year sentence would be crushing,” adding the man’s guilty pleas — which kept the girls from having to testify in a full-blown trial — should be given significant weight.

The accused has accrued just over seven years in pre-trial custody — the majority of which he has served in segregation.

Ouellette is expected to pass sentence Thursday afternoon. Court reconvenes Tuesday for a possible statement by the accused.

[email protected]

twitter.com/jonnywakefield

Listen to our Canadian news podcast, 10/3

Read more

Jury begins deliberations in trial of B.C. man accused of murdering daughters .
The jury charged with Andrew Berry's fate has begun its deliberations.Andrew Berry has pleaded not guilty to two counts of second-degree murder in the killings of six-year-old Chloe and four-year-old Aubrey Berry, whose bodies were found in his Oak Bay apartment on Christmas Day, 2017.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 12
This is interesting!