Canada: Port Moody mayor stepping down, again, over sexual assault charges - - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

Canada Port Moody mayor stepping down, again, over sexual assault charges

07:50  16 october  2019
07:50  16 october  2019 Source:   cbc.ca

Gang sex assault trial to start today for 2016 incident in Little Italy bar

  Gang sex assault trial to start today for 2016 incident in Little Italy bar Gavin MacMIllan and Enzo De Jesus Carrasco face multiple charges for allegedly drugging, confining and sexually assaulting a woman at the College Street Bar in December 2016.The two men are accused of drugging, confining and sexually assaulting the then 24-year-old on Dec. 14, 2016 in an attack that continued into the early hours of the next day at the College Street Bar.

Port Moody Mayor Rob Vagramov is back on the job as of Monday morning, after going on leave earlier this year when he was charged with sexual assault .

Port Moody Mayor Rob Vagramov says he will be taking a leave of absence from his role as mayor , starting tomorrow, after a charge of sexual assault .

Port Moody Mayor Rob Vagramov Port Moody Mayor Rob Vagramov

Port Moody, B.C., Mayor Rob Vagramov says he will be stepping down while his sexual assault charge remains unresolved. 

He announced his decision during a council meeting Tuesday night. 

Vagramov was originally charged with sexual assault in March — stemming from an incident in 2015 — and took a leave of absence.

But he returned to the job in September with the case still working its way through the court system, and Port Moody council voted Tuesday to ask him to take a leave of absence until the case was resolved.

Councillor Diana Dilworth, who put forward the original motion last week, says she's very happy with his decision. 

 "I'm very pleased to hear that Mr. Vagramov has heard and listened to, the hundreds of residents that implored him to do the right thing and return to a leave of absence," she said. 

His next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 13. 

More to come.

Former Bridgewater police chief found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual assault .
John Collyer was convicted in Bridgewater provincial court on Thursday. READ MORE: Complainant cross-examined in former Bridgewater police chief’s sexual assault trialThe complainant, whose identity is protected under a publication ban, was 17 years old at the time of the offences, which occurred between April and July 2016.Court heard that Collyer communicated with the complainant via Facebook Messenger. The messages were discovered during summer 2016, when the complainant is said to have gone missing for a short period of time during a local fair, court heard.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!