Canada: Calgary man upset after he says he received an unsafe Amazon package - - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

Canada Calgary man upset after he says he received an unsafe Amazon package

08:20  21 october  2019
08:20  21 october  2019 Source:   globalnews.ca

New partnership rids Calgary streets of over 6K needles in first 6 months

  New partnership rids Calgary streets of over 6K needles in first 6 months Alpha House's Needle Response Team has collected 6,570 needles in its first six months.Alpha House's Needle Response Team was launched in January 2019 and on Wednesday, the city revealed that a whopping 6,570 needles were collected in the team’s first six months of operation.

The company said it has also received a report that RedeCan products may contain bugs, but said this report is mistaken. James Scott, with the University of Those with reduced immunity are most at risk, and could wind up with a lung infection, he said . People with asthma —about 12 per cent of the adult

When he tried to open the door, he said , the knob couldn’t move, locking him inside his home. “Hey @UPS, your driver left this package under our He told his followers on Monday that he ’s received so many comments about the box that his Twitter app was “crashing.” So far, neither Amazon nor UPS

Andrew Downey holds a package of syringes with needles poking out the bottom. He is concerned with who this package could have come in contact with.© Josh Ritchie/Global News Andrew Downey holds a package of syringes with needles poking out the bottom. He is concerned with who this package could have come in contact with.

It was a sharp surprise for Andrew Downey with the delivery of his most recent Amazon package.

Downey uses specific syringes bought on Amazon to get exact dosages for his extracted cannabis oil.

Usually buying one type of syringe, this time around Downey went for a variety pack, an order that contained both small and large needles.

READ MORE: Amazon Prime free one-day delivery comes to Edmonton and Calgary

"When I got them out of the mailbox, I was kind of shocked to find that I was poked by something," Downey said. "When I opened it up, I just found that there were needles just in a plastic bag."

Uber investigating after Toronto woman left stranded ‘in middle of nowhere’ during Calgary snowstorm

  Uber investigating after Toronto woman left stranded ‘in middle of nowhere’ during Calgary snowstorm Lorena Sanchez said she was stranded on a nearly empty Calgary street in a snowstorm after an Uber driver kicked her out of the car, insisting she'd reached her destination.Lorena Sanchez was in Calgary for just 24 hours last week and when she needed a lift from her hotel near the airport to a business meeting on the morning of Oct. 9, she hailed an Uber.

+ Editor’s note: This article was corrected after a Friday media release incorrectly stated Harjit Singh Rai’s age as 89 instead of 91. A Calgary MP is speaking out after he says an elderly man in his constituency was injured in an “unprovoked attack.”.

Malazdrewicz said both he and his wife received licences several years ago to produce and possess medical marijuana, and they use it to treat pain following a car accident. But Malazdrewicz said his package never left the Ucluelet post office. When he asked why, he said staff told him it had been

Downey served in the military for 20 years and suffered from both PTSD and substance abuse.

He was told by doctors that a possible cure might be the use of cannabis and CBD oils.

This process is one that Downey is used to going through but said he has never seen a package with sharp objects inside delivered this way.

READ MORE: Man charged after Calgary mother says packages were stolen from front doorstep

Downey said he wasn't hurt by any of the needles but was more shocked that something so sharp could be delivered in such a package, and raised concerns with who that package could have come in contact with.

"Let's just say the Canada Post man or delivery man was poked by this or a kid, it could've been a lot more serious."

On top of looking to get a refund on the product, Downey said he wants answers as to why the syringes were delivered in the state that they were.

READ MORE: Sex toys, mystery packages being sent from Amazon to universities across Canada

Both Amazon and the original seller offered Downey $5 to make the problem go away, but to him, it's more about the lesson.

"I don't know if I'd want anything from Amazon," Downey said. "I just want to warn people of what you buy and if you find products like this and it's defective, you've got to say something about it."

Global News reached out to Amazon about the syringes. The retail giant said they are investigating the incident.

One man dead in northwest Calgary apartment fire .
Calgary Fire crews are on scene of a fatal house fire in Ranchlands early Sunday morning. Calgary Fire Department crews are on scene in the northwest community of Ranchlands following a fatal fire on Sunday morning. Around 2:30 a.m, crews were called to an apartment complex in the 6000 block of Ranchview Drive northwest. According to CFD, there was significant smoke and flames coming from the second floor of the building when fire crews arrived. Fire crews were able to contain the fire to the second floor suite. One man was found dead inside the suite, his cause of death is under investigation.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!