•   
  •   
  •   

Canada 'Deeply disturbing': Court hears boy was restrained, starved over two-year period

00:35  22 october  2019
00:35  22 october  2019 Source:   thestarphoenix.com

MLA for Chester-St. Margaret’s seeking professional help after driving under the influence

  MLA for Chester-St. Margaret’s seeking professional help after driving under the influence Hugh MacKay says he has struggled with alcohol addiction issues for several years and has been actively undergoing treatment since 2004. "This relapse has not only impacted myself, my family, my colleagues and my community – but as an elected official, I am also aware of how much this news may impact people from throughout the province," he said."I am truly and deeply sorry for my actions and the negative effect they have had on all those I love and respect."MacKay said he will take steps to seek further professional help and medical treatment options.Stephen D.

The mummified corpse of a four-year-old boy was found in a cot in his mother's bedroom almost two years after he starved "It had been stunted because he was malnourished over a lengthy period Eventually, more police arrived and went into the property. "What they discovered disturbed even

Isabel Cortes-Flores, 19, faces multiple charges of child sexual abuse for allegedly assaulting a boy under 14 years old during a two year period . First-degree sexual abuse and second-degree rape are Measure 11 crimes and carry mandatory minimum sentences of roughly six years each if convicted.

an office with a desk and chair in a room: A 39-year-old man was sentenced on Oct. 21, 2019 to two and a half years after pleading guilty to criminal negligence causing bodily harm to his stepson. Court heard the boy was tied up and denied food over a two-year period. © Liam Richards A 39-year-old man was sentenced on Oct. 21, 2019 to two and a half years after pleading guilty to criminal negligence causing bodily harm to his stepson. Court heard the boy was tied up and denied food over a two-year period.

The fact that a boy who was tied up and denied food over a two-year period has become a thoughtful and caring child is an example of heartbreaking resilience, a Crown prosecutor told a Saskatoon Queen’s Bench courtroom.

During a sentencing hearing Monday, Prosecutor Evan Thompson read aloud from a victim impact statement written by the boy’s grandmother.

“We couldn’t ask for a more amazing grandchild,” the boy’s grandmother wrote.

Killer showed no emotion after stabbing 13-year-old to death, witnesses tell B.C. court

  Killer showed no emotion after stabbing 13-year-old to death, witnesses tell B.C. court There was a blank expression on the face of Letisha Reimer’s killer when he was restrained in the rotunda of Abbotsford Senior Secondary on Nov. 1, 2016, a B.C. Supreme Court trial has heard. The school's principal Robert Comeau took the stand Tuesday in Gabriel Klein's trial for second-degree murder in Reimer's death.Comeau testified that he was in a meeting in his office when the attack happened at around 2 p.m. There was a commotion in the rotunda and he heard the secretaries scream — one yelled "He has a knife.

Your translation will be ready in ${ seconds } seconds . Document translation limit reached You cannot translate any more documents at the moment because the document translation limit for this month has been reached. (${ period }).

An emaciated four- year -old boy died of a head injury after being subjected to a campaign of “incomprehensible” cruelty by his mother and Daniel Pelka, whose physical condition was likened by a doctor to that of a concentration camp victim, is alleged to have been deliberately starved over

“The world is certainly a better place with him in it.”

The boy could have died because of the “deeply disturbing” actions of his stepfather, whose name is being withheld because it could identify the victim, Justice Grant Currie said before sentencing the man to a term of two-and-a-half years.

The 39-year-old man pleaded guilty to criminal negligence causing bodily harm. Court heard that from 2015 to 2017, when the victim was between five and seven years old, he was isolated from his extended family while living with his mother and her boyfriend.

Related

The boy’s grandmother eventually called social services because she was worried about her grandson’s care, according to the facts presented in court.

Ford mum on carbon tax challenge in congratulatory election statement

  Ford mum on carbon tax challenge in congratulatory election statement Without mentioning the status of his ongoing federal carbon tax challenge, Ontario Premier Doug Ford congratulated Justin Trudeau on his election victory in a statement released early Tuesday morning. Ford congratulated Trudeau and the other federal party leaders "on a hard fought campaign," which ended late Monday with the Liberals' hanging on to power with a minority government.

The boy was unconscious when he arrived at the hospital and was pronounced dead shortly after. A selfie of Posso with Eduardo restrained in the bathtub was also found, according to a press release. Garcia thought they were still in Florida because she had seen Posso at court in Florida twice since

CAMDEN - An appellate court has described as “ disturbing ” the remarks of a Superior Court judge who lifted a restraining order against a man accused of In requesting a final restraining order, or FRO, the woman said she'd been the victim of multiple simple assaults by J.T. over a two - year period .

Social workers said the boy had a severely distended belly, bruises on his arms and “pressure sores” on his ankles. The boy later told police his mother and her boyfriend tied him up with bungee cords screwed into the bathroom and basement walls.

The boy’s mother, who was sentenced to 20 months for criminal negligence causing bodily harm, said her boyfriend restrained the boy as punishment and to “control his behaviour.” The longer he screamed, the longer he was left there, she said.

Both parents were crack cocaine and methamphetamine users, Thompson told court.

The boy went to live with his grandmother and great-grandmother. They said he would constantly stand in the pantry and stare into the refrigerator.

Hospital staff reported the boy was “food obsessed” and had a “level of malnutrition rarely seen in Canada.” He was diagnosed as having refeeding syndrome — a term that describes complications resulting from eating after severe malnourishment.

Court heard a teacher had told the boy’s mother that the boy was very hungry at school and the teacher offered to give them food. The boy’s mother told the teacher they had food.

Thompson said the only mitigating factor in this case was the man’s guilty plea — it spared the boy from having to testify at a trial and was the “driving force” behind the Crown and defence proposing a two-and-a-half-year joint submission.

With an enhanced credit for the 604 days he’s spent on remand, the man has already served his sentence and will now be on probation for the next two years.

bmcadam@postmedia.com

twitter.com/breezybremc

High court to review disclosure of Barry and Honey Sherman estate files .
OTTAWA — The Supreme Court of Canada will review an appeal court's decision to unseal files related to the estates of wealthy Toronto couple Barry and Honey Sherman, who were found murdered two years ago. In June 2018, a judge made orders sealing the files, which concern the appointment of estate trustees and would ordinarily be available for public inspection under the open court principle. The sealing order stemmed from the notion that individuals named as beneficiaries or trustees of the estates would be at risk of harm because the Shermans were murdered.Soon after, a court denied Toronto Star reporter Kevin Donovan access to the files.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!