•   
  •   
  •   

Canada TV shoot at the site of the Yonge Street van attack cancelled

18:20  06 november  2019
18:20  06 november  2019 Source:   msn.com

TV shoot at the site of the Yonge Street van attack cancelled

  TV shoot at the site of the Yonge Street van attack cancelled TV shoot at the site of the Yonge Street van attack cancelledTory says the contents of the shoot — which has since been cancelled — only came to light in the past day when producers notified those in the area.

More details on yesterday's van attack on Yonge Street . More details on yesterday's van attack on Yonge Street . CityNews reporter Tammie Sutherland is at the scene. WATCH: Wild Police Chase In LA That Ends In Deadly Shooting - Продолжительность: 30:01 FOX 10 Phoenix 8 675 175

As mourners pay tribute to the victims of Monday's Yonge Street van attack , new video has surfaced of the vehicle near the end of its deadly rampage.

TORONTO — A spokesman for the City of Toronto says the producers of a TV show have cancelled the shoot of a violent scene on a Toronto street where a brutal attack left 10 people dead.

Brad Ross says the decision followed complaints by a community that was traumatized last year by what has become known as the Yonge Street van attack.

"The Boys," a show produced by Amazon Prime, is currently shooting its second season in Toronto.

Ross says the city will be reviewing their processes to make sure that film permits take into consideration violent crimes have taken place in certain locations.

He says Toronto's reputation as a film-friendly city is important, and officials will continue to work with producers to find suitable locations for similar scenes.

Alek Minassian, the man accused in the van attack, is facing trial in February 2020 on 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder.

This report by The Canadian Press was originally published on Nov. 6, 2019.

The Canadian Press

City adamant shelters are not full, while video shows staff saying they're 'at capacity' .
Senior managers are adamant occupancy levels at shelters throughout the city are below capacity, even though advocates maintain that people are regularly being turning away.Pastor Doug Johnson Hatlem of Waterloo, Ont., who has years of experience doing outreach work in Toronto, filmed staff at the city's shelter referral office on Peter Street on Thursday night.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!