•   
  •   
  •   

Canada TV shoot at the site of the Yonge Street van attack cancelled

20:00  06 november  2019
20:00  06 november  2019 Source:   msn.com

Infant among injured in North End shooting: Winnipeg Police Service

  Infant among injured in North End shooting: Winnipeg Police Service Winnipeg police are investigating after someone barged into a home near Salter Street and Flora Avenue this afternoon and fired off a shotgun at least once — injuring four people, including an infant child.Winnipeg police are investigating after someone barged into a home near Salter Street and Flora Avenue Sunday afternoon and fired off a shotgun at least once — injuring four people, including an infant.

A shoot was planned at the site of the Yonge Street van attack from last year, but has since been cancelled . A spokesman for the City of Toronto says the producers of a TV show have cancelled the shoot of a violent scene on a Toronto street where a brutal attack left 10 people dead.

TORONTO — A spokesman for the City of Toronto says the producers of a TV show have cancelled the shoot of a violent scene on a Toronto street where a brutal attack left 10 people dead. Brad Ross says the decision followed complaints by a community that was traumatized last year by what has

Toronto Mayor John Tory says the city should have learned earlier that producers of a TV show planned to film a violent scene on the street where a van attack left 10 people dead.

Tory says the contents of the shoot — which has since been cancelled — only came to light in the past day when producers notified those in the area.

He says he spoke with the producer of "The Boys" this morning, and he recognized that the attack continues to traumatize neighbourhood residents.

Tory says it would have been incredibly insensitive for the shoot to go ahead.

The show, co-produced by Amazon Studios for the Amazon Prime Video streaming platform, is currently shooting its second season in Toronto.

City spokesman Brad Ross says staff will be reviewing their processes to make sure that film permits take into consideration whether violent crimes have taken place in certain locations.

Alek Minassian, the man accused in the van attack, is facing trial in February 2020 on 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder.

Amazon Prime Video said they would provide comment on the scene later today.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 6, 2019.

The Canadian Press

Ottawa man, 41, sought in connection with Remembrance Day street attack .
Ottawa police are looking for a 41-year-old man in connection with an attack “in the 300 block of Cumberland Street” on Nov. 11 in which a man was seriously injured.  The victim’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!