•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Man dead, woman in critical condition after carbon monoxide exposure in Orléans home

23:16  19 november  2019
23:16  19 november  2019 Source:   ottawacitizen.com

Hull children taken to hospital after concerns of carbon monoxide exposure on school bus

  Hull children taken to hospital after concerns of carbon monoxide exposure on school bus Twenty-one students who rode the school bus to a Hull school Friday morning were taken to hospital after reporting symptoms including headaches and nausea it was feared were linked to carbon monoxide. The children were transported “as a precaution,” the paramedic service said. Paramedics, firefighters and police were called to Saint-Jean de Bosco elementary school at 10:15 a.m. The children had been aboard the bus at about 7:45 a.m. Seventeen children were taken to the Gatineau hospital and four to the hospital in Hull. It has not been confirmed that they were exposed to carbon monoxide but tests would be performed at the hospital, paramedics said.

A 75-year-old man is dead and his wife, also 75, was in critical condition after suspected carbon monoxide exposure in their Orléans home . They were found Tuesday morning by a friend who had come over to visit them.

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas produced A man in his 70s is dead and an elderly woman is in critical condition after suspected carbon monoxide exposure in their Orléans home .

a van parked on the side of a snow covered road: Elderly pair found in critical condition after carbon monoxide exposure in Orléans home. © Ottawa Citizen staff photo Elderly pair found in critical condition after carbon monoxide exposure in Orléans home.

A man in his 70s is dead and an elderly woman is in critical condition after suspected carbon monoxide exposure in their Orléans home.

The pair were found Tuesday morning by a neighbour who had come to check on them. The neighbour was also taken to hospital with symptoms.

Paramedics were called to the home, which police identified as being on Phoenix Crescent at 10:45 a.m.

a group of people standing around a fire hydrant:  Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected when an elderly man was found dead and a woman was discovered in critical condition at their Phoenix Crescent home in Orleans. © Julie Oliver Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected when an elderly man was found dead and a woman was discovered in critical condition at their Phoenix Crescent home in Orleans.

The paramedics alerted firefighters who got the woman outside the home near Tenth Line Road and Amiens Street and confirmed their suspicions of high carbon monoxide levels inside.

One child dead, one critically injured after collision with moose

  One child dead, one critically injured after collision with moose One child is dead and a second is in critical condition after the vehicle they were in struck a moose in a bizarre and deadly crash near Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix on Sunday. The animal had been hit by a car going the opposite direction on Route 323 and was thown to the other side of the highway where the second car, carrying two adults and three young children, also struck it, according to the Sûreté du Québec. The collision happened just before 2 p.m. near Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix, which is about 20 minutes’ drive north of Montebello, Que. A police spokesman said both the deceased boy and the girl, who was in critical condition, were less than 10 years old.

Carbon monoxide poisoning typically occurs from breathing in carbon monoxide (CO) at excessive levels. Symptoms are often described as "flu-like" and commonly include headache, dizziness

Ottawa Fire Services says investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the high carbon monoxide levels, as well as the length of time the couple An elderly man has died and his partner is in critical condition as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning in the Ottawa home they shared, city

The woman was stabilized by paramedics then rushed to a hospital with a hyperbaric chamber for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning. Her condition was “life-threatening,” paramedics said.

Police said the man was found dead inside the home.

a police car parked in a parking lot © Provided by PostMedia Digital

The neighbour, who was in stable condition, was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Firefighters took readings of over 600 parts per million (ppm) of carbon monoxide in some parts of the home, reaching up to nearly 700 ppm in the basement, the fire department said.

Health Canada’s indoor air quality guidelines set limits of 10 ppm for long-term exposure and 25 ppm for short periods less than an hour.

The source of the carbon monoxide has yet to be determined, reported the fire department, which remained on the scene with police into the afternoon.

4-year-old in critical condition after 3-vehicle crash in Middlesex County: OPP

  4-year-old in critical condition after 3-vehicle crash in Middlesex County: OPP Emergency crews were called to the intersection of Melbourne Road and Glendon Drive in Southwest Middlesex Township at around 8:20 p.m. on Monday.According to a statement issued by officers, emergency crews were called to the intersection of Melbourne Road and Glendon Drive at around 8:20 p.m.

A 59-year-old woman was found dead in a Laval home and two other people were transported to hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide It appears many of them live in the home , she said, but that there may have been visitors as well. Four of the people were evaluated by ambulance

Man dead , woman in critical condition after carbon monoxide exposure in Orléans home . A 75-year-old man is dead and his wife, also 75, was in critical condition after suspected carbon monoxide exposure in their Orléans home .They were found Tuesday morning by a friend who had

a group of people standing on a sidewalk:  Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected when an elderly man was found dead and a woman was discovered in critical condition at their Phoenix Crescent home in Orleans. © Julie Oliver Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected when an elderly man was found dead and a woman was discovered in critical condition at their Phoenix Crescent home in Orleans.

a man riding on the back of a truck © Provided by PostMedia Digital

a person in a police car parked on the side of a road © Provided by PostMedia Digital

 

ALSO IN THE NEWS

Subcontractor goes after RTG for millions in compensation for LRT work

Ottawa police officer demoted after drinking, driving OPP vehicle while over the limit

Disgraced former Ottawa priest skips sentencing, arrest warrant issued

Wilco lead singer's house shot up in Chicago .
Jeff Tweedy's home suffered damage due to gunshots.Jeff Tweedy's wife, Susan Miller-Tweedy, detailed the scary incident on Facebook, saying their home was littered with shell casings after someone started firing away at their balcony door at 2 a.m. on Tuesday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!