•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Richmond man sentenced to 3½ years for smuggling Chinese migrants into B.C.

16:00  04 february  2020
16:00  04 february  2020 Source:   cbc.ca

Longest ever Mexico/US drug smuggling tunnel found

  Longest ever Mexico/US drug smuggling tunnel found US border officials have discovered the longest ever smuggling tunnel underneath the US/Mexico border. Stretching from a small industrial building in Tijuana, Mexico, into the San Diego area, it features an extensive rail/cart system, forced air ventilation, high voltage electrical cables and panels, a lift at the entrance, and a complex drainage system.© Other The tunnel was equipped with ventilation and power Pic: US Customs and Border Protection It extends 4,309 ft (1,313 meters), 1,000 ft more than the previous longest, again found in the San Diego area, in 2014.The newly discovered tunnel is about 5.

park to smuggle Chinese migrants into this country will have to spend another 17 months in jail, a B . C . provincial court Judge Patrick Doherty sentenced him to 3 1/2 years , but gave him credit The migrants were “surreptitiously guided” through the park to a waiting vehicle on the Canadian side.

A California man was sentenced to 13 months in federal prison on Monday for his involvement in smuggling 44 Chinese immigrants into Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Koehler highlighted 11 specific incidents in which Tan delivered money, received undocumented Chinese immigrants and

a close up of a car: The Canada Border Services Agency had Kong on its radar for years. He was previously convicted of immigration offences in 2010 and 2013.© Provided by cbc.ca The Canada Border Services Agency had Kong on its radar for years. He was previously convicted of immigration offences in 2010 and 2013.

A man who pleaded guilty to helping smuggle dozens of Chinese migrants into British Columbia has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison.

Michael Shun Lok Kong, who was sentenced Friday in Richmond Provincial Court, must also pay a $175,000 fine and forfeit $135,000 in cash that was seized from his home during a police search.

Kong is accused of helping arrange illegal entry into Canada, between June 2014 and October 2015, for a total of 34 Chinese migrants, including several kids.

Coronavirus: Some ‘vulnerable’ Canadian diplomatic staff, dependants evacuated from China

  Coronavirus: Some ‘vulnerable’ Canadian diplomatic staff, dependants evacuated from China "The health, safety and security of our diplomats serving abroad and their families is a priority," Global affairs said in a statement to Global News. Global Affairs has not said how many were permitted to leave China amid the health crisis, or where they were stationed.Canada does not have an embassy or consulate in Wuhan, where the outbreak is believed to have started, or Hubei, the province in which the city is located.Despite the departures, full consular services remain available to Canadians in China, and officials are on standby to provide assistance 24 hours a day, Global Affairs said.

The 62- year old man accused of smuggling 34 Chinese migrants from the United States into Canada has pleaded guilty on all charges except one earlier today at the Provincial Court of British Columbia in Richmond . Today’s hearing was the first in the trial which is expected to last until late September.

THESSALONIKI, Greece (AP) — A court in northern Greece has sentenced 23 people to prison terms ranging from eight to 1,489 years for smuggling Iraqi and Syrian refugees into the country from the Turkish border in 2015 and 2016. The Thessaloniki court imposed the longest sentence on a

They had all traveled to the United States on visas issued in China by the U.S. consulate, according to a B.C. Supreme Court decision.

Kong allegedly helped them jump the border from the U.S. into British Columbia and then travel to the Toronto area, where they filed refugee claims, the decision said.

Kong was originally charged with seven offences under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. He pleaded guilty to four counts related to human smuggling and faced trial on one of the remaining counts.

Kong has long been under investigation by the Canada Border Services Agency, according to court documents. He was previously convicted of immigration offences in 2010 and 2013.

The charges came out of Project Interpretation, a CBSA investigation launched in 2012 to investigate human smuggling through the border at Peace Arch Park in South Surrey.

Coronavirus fears lead to sharp declines at some Vancouver businesses .
Businesses that count on Chinese clientele are hurting all because of heightened fears around COVID-19."Normally you have to fight for a table, but now you can have a seat," said Joey Kwan, director of promotions and public relations for the mall.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 7
This is interesting!