•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Woman from London, Ont., no longer infected with new coronavirus

15:41  12 february  2020
15:41  12 february  2020 Source:   globalnews.ca

Canadians with coronavirus symptoms won’t be allowed onto evacuation flight from China: official

  Canadians with coronavirus symptoms won’t be allowed onto evacuation flight from China: official Only healthy people will be allowed to board a coronavirus evacuation flight from Wuhan, China, Ontario officials said Monday. Canada is arranging a flight to evacuate Canadian citizens from Hubei province in China, the centre of an outbreak of a novel coronavirus that has infected more than 17,000 people and killed more than 360. READ MORE: Built in just 10 days, coronavirus hospital in China accepts first patients A total of 325 Canadians have requested evacuation, and the federal government said Sunday that it has a flight ready to bring people back.

Like other coronaviruses , it has come from animals. Many of those initially infected either worked or frequently shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesale “It would not be too surprising if the new coronavirus also does this. If this does prove to be the case then controlling the spread does become

The woman , who lives in London , Ont . and goes to Western University, landed from Wuhan on Jan. 23, said Chris Mackie of the London Health Unit. Follow along below for live updates on the coronavirus outbreak from around the world and Canada: Read more about the Wuhan coronavirus

The World Health Organization has named the illness caused by the new coronavirus COVID-19.© Xinhua/Hao Yuan via Getty Images The World Health Organization has named the illness caused by the new coronavirus COVID-19.

Ontario's chief medical officer of health says the London woman who was the province's third case of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus, is no longer infected.

On Jan. 31, health officials reported that a woman in her 20s had returned from Wuhan, China, the epicentre of the viral outbreak. The woman was at first asymptomatic when she arrived on Jan. 23, officials said, however she began to exhibit symptoms of the illness the next day and went to the hospital.

READ MORE: COVID-19 — New coronavirus disease named by World Health Organization

Second case of coronavirus confirmed in Metro Vancouver area

  Second case of coronavirus confirmed in Metro Vancouver area A second case of coronavirus has been confirmed in the Metro Vancouver area. Health officials said the second case was confirmed late Monday and that the individual is a woman in her 50s who had close contact with a number of people who had been in the Wuhan, China area.  Health officials said the second case was confirmed late Monday and that the individual is a woman in her 50s who had close contact with a number of people who had been in the Wuhan, China area.

Exclusive: Public health epidemiologist says other countries should consider adopting China-style containment measures.

The novel coronavirus epidemic could spread to two-thirds of the world’s population if it cannot be Most experts thought that each person infected would go on to transmit the virus to around 2.5 50 terror prisoners face longer jail stay – Emergency legislation will be introduced today to prevent about

Officials added that the woman had had limited exposure to other people since returning from China and had since been in isolation, except for time spent in the hospital.

Dr. David Williams confirmed Wednesday morning that the woman's case is now resolved.

"Additional testing has been conducted by both the Public Health Ontario Laboratory and the National Microbiology Lab (Winnipeg)," Williams said. "The case has had two negative tests at least 24 hours apart and is therefore considered to be resolved.

"This means the individual is no longer infectious with the 2019 novel coronavirus."

Williams added that the risk of contracting COVID-19, which was named by the World Health Organization on Tuesday, still remains low in the province.

"I'd like to thank our partners across the health-care system for their continued efforts in containing the virus and protecting the health and well-being of individuals and families across the province," he said.

As of Wednesday, the total number of worldwide deaths reported for the disease is more than 1,100, and the total number of cases reported in mainland China has reached 44,653.

B.C. reveals 6th presumptive coronavirus case .
A sixth person in B.C. is believed to be infected with the coronavirus, and the case is raising new questions about how the disease is spreading, health officials announced Thursday. The latest patient is a woman in her 30s who lives in the Fraser Health region, according to provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry. She had recently returned from a trip to Iran and is now recovering at home. Henry said officials were surprised when they learned the woman had only visited Iran, and not China or neighbouring countries that have seen the bulk of COVID-19 cases.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!