Canada People line up outside downtown Toronto EB Games store amid coronavirus outbreak
Report: NBA considering moving games to areas unaffected by coronavirus
The NBA is considering plans that could force games to be moved to areas that have not been affected by the coronavirus, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. If a team is not able to use its arena because of a nearby coronavirus outbreak, the NBA could move the game to the opponent's home - if it's in an unaffected area - or to a neutral site that has not suffered an outbreak, Wojnarowski reports. The NBA's Board of Governors and theIf a team is not able to use its arena because of a nearby coronavirus outbreak, the NBA could move the game to the opponent's home - if it's in an unaffected area - or to a neutral site that has not suffered an outbreak, Wojnarowski reports.
Customers lined up along a popular downtown Toronto street waiting to get into EB Games to get their hands on two popular video games amid thepandemic.
and were released on Friday and many lined up along Yonge Street, just south of Dundas Street, to make their purchases. Some wore masks, others had hand sanitizer and some kept a short distance away from each other.
Toronto health officials have said they recommend non-essential businesses close and encourage social distancing.
‘The View’, ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ Among Shows To Go Audience-Free Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
“The View” and “Live With Kelly and Ryan” are among the shows set to go audience-free amid the coronavirus outbreak. According to the Wrap, “Good Morning America,” “Strahan, Sara and Keke” and “Tamron Hall” have also joined the list. RELATED: Celine Dion Tests Negative For Coronavirus, Postpones Concerts Due To Common Cold “Given the current developing situation in New York City, we have made the decision to suspend live audiences from attending our news broadcasts and talk shows,” a Walt Disney Television spokesperson said in a statement Wednesday.
A sign on the door said: "Please note: on Friday March 20 we are only serving those with a pre-order for Animal Crossing or Doom in order to maintain the safety of our staff/customers."
Ontario Premier Doug Ford expressed his disappointment when asked about the lineups at an unrelated press conference on Friday.
“It’s unacceptable,” Ford said. “Please do not get in line. Practice social distancing. This is exactly what causes the spread, when people gather and are in close proximity to each other.”
“I just can’t stress it enough. Do not do that. And I am frustrated to be very frank with the store owner, that would allow this to happen. They have a responsibility, everyone in this province has a responsibility to make sure we protect each other. I am very disappointed that the store owner will do this.”
Ontario superior court suspending juries for upcoming trials amid coronavirus outbreak
"Summoned jurors will be instructed not to attend court. Jury trials currently in progress will continue, subject to the trial judge’s discretion.""Until further notice, Chief Justice (Geoffrey) Morawetz has suspended jury panels in all SCJ locations for upcoming civil and criminal jury trials," a spokesperson for the court told Global News in an email statement.
"I think a lot of us pre-ordered this before this whole COVID-19 thing happened so none of us were really expecting this. Most of us probably respect the rules of self-isolation and were just coming out to get this game and will most likely go back into self-isolation once we get this game," Chris Rose said, adding that he had been waiting in line for about 25-30 minutes.
Rose said he thinks the gaming company should have offered customers a digital download code in place of a physical copy.
"Just picking up a game, we pre-ordered it a long time ago and were really anxious for it to come out," Ryan Livingston told Global News, adding he had been standing in the lineup for about 10 minutes.
"They have been really good about processing people. They have hand sanitizers, they have a numbering system, so they are really organized."
Coronavirus: Toronto Mayor John Tory to self-isolate after trip to England
Mayor Tory returned home from England on Wednesday and said he has no symptoms. There are currently 79 cases of coronavirus in Ontario, five of which have been resolved. READ MORE: What’s closed or cancelled in Toronto amid coronavirus outbreak On Friday, City of Toronto officials announced the closures of all licensed child care centres and recreation centres. A multitude of popular attractions in the city followed suit, including the CN Tower and the Royal Ontario Museum. Most closures run until April 5, at which point, officials said they will reassess the situation.
"There are risks, everyone is doing the best they can to try and obviously minimize contact. They are trying to keep a little bit of distance between each other so that the health risks aren't as bad," Livingston added.
In a statement on Twitter, EB Games Canada said it is "working diligently during this unprecedented time to provide our customers and associates with the safest environment possible."
"We are taking action to institute multiple social distancing practices in our stores, such as only allowing a maximum of 10 customers in our stores at any given time," the statement continued, adding they will no longer be accepting cash or trades and they have cancelled all gaming events until further notice.
They also said they have introduced in-store line management practices of one metre between customers in checkout lines.
— EB Games Canada ???? (@EBGamesCanada)
Today is the day!is here and we couldn’t be more excited!
Le jour est arrivé! Animal Crossing New Horizons est arrivé et nous sommes si heureux!
— EB Games Canada ???? (@EBGamesCanada)
The Cast Of ‘Contagion’ Is Helping People Control The Pandemic In COVID-19 PSAs .
It’s time to #ControltheContagion. On Friday, the Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health debuted a new series of coronavirus PSAs in partnership with the cast and crew of the film “Contagion”. RELATED: ‘Contagion’ Writer Takes Swipe At Donald Trump For His Response To Coronavirus Outbreak The videos include important messages on listening to experts, hand-washing, social distancing and more delivered by Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Laurence Fishburne and Jennifer Ehle, all recorded at home.