•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Coronavirus: Peterborough’s COVID-19 cases more than double over weekend to 28

20:20  30 march  2020
20:20  30 march  2020 Source:   globalnews.ca

Ontario confirms 45 new coronavirus cases, province at 402 active

  Ontario confirms 45 new coronavirus cases, province at 402 active Ontario health officials announced 45 new cases of coronavirus, and one more resolved cased, bringing the total number of active cases in the province to 402. There has also been six cases resolved and three deaths, a 77-year-old man from Barrie, another man in his 70s in Barrie and a 51-year-old man from Halton Region.READ MORE: Coronavirus: Police lay out consequences if Ontario emergency orders aren’t followed Only 16 of the new cases have information, with the rest listed as pending. A man in his 40s, who travelled to England and is from the Simcoe Muskoka area is currently hospitalized.

COVID - 19 Coronavirus Pandemic. The coronavirus COVID - 19 is affecting 198 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the The point of these actions is to enable the more precise and targeted measures that are needed to stop transmission and save lives.

More than half the cases are the country' s most populous state of North Rhine-Westphalia. 12:46 Armenia has confirmed its first COVID - 19 case . Around 30 people who had been in contact with the patient had also been placed in isolation, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said on Facebook.

a close up of a toy: Specimens to be tested for COVID-19 are seen at LifeLabs after being logged upon receipt at the company's lab, in Surrey, B.C., on Thursday, March 26, 2020. Peterborough Public Health reported 15 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 over the weekend. © THE CANADIAN PRESS/Darryl Dyck Specimens to be tested for COVID-19 are seen at LifeLabs after being logged upon receipt at the company's lab, in Surrey, B.C., on Thursday, March 26, 2020. Peterborough Public Health reported 15 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 over the weekend.

The number of cases of the novel coronavirus in Peterborough more than doubled over the weekend to reach 28, according to the region's health unit.

Peterborough Public Health announced at noon Monday that there have been 15 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 since Friday morning's update of 13 cases. Dr. Rosana Salvaterra, medical officer of health, says four of the new cases remain under investigation to determine if there is any travel history or if there is any contact to an existing case. One is suspected to be an occupational exposure for a health-care worker who works outside the city.

Coronavirus outbreak at Bobcaygeon, Ont., nursing home much worse than reported: doctor

  Coronavirus outbreak at Bobcaygeon, Ont., nursing home much worse than reported: doctor A letter from Dr. Jeremy Jones states there may be an additional 28 unconfirmed cases at the nursing home.The letter, which has been shared several times on social media, says there are 20 other residents as well as eight other staff members that have symptoms but have not been tested.

UN launches COVID - 19 Global Humanitarian Response Plan to #InvestInHumanity. In many countries, doctors are giving COVID - 19 patients medicines that have not been approved It is a word that, if misused, can cause unreasonable fear, or unjustified acceptance that the fight is over , leading

“Half of the fatal coronavirus cases involved people, who remained on artificial respiration for a long time and their alveoli were eventually Yet, since the flu is much more contagious, it has killed much more people than coronavirus over the same period of time, if one looks at the absolute numbers.

Specific details on the cases were not provided during the media conference but are expected to be released by the province on its registry, Salvaterra said.

"We expect the numbers to grow," she said.

READ MORE: Coronavirus — Peterborough COVID-19 cases reach double-digits, 13 confirmed

Four of the 28 confirmed cases are hospitalized. Salvaterra noted three of the cases have been resolved. All other cases remain in self-isolation.

Salvaterra said she expects the number of cases to rise in its jurisdiction of Peterborough, Peterborough County, Hiawatha First Nation and Curve Lake First Nation.

"We are preparing our health-care teams," she said.

To date, 673 people have been tested for COVID-19, she said, with 422 confirmed negative. Another 224 people are still awaiting test results.

Ontario reports 151 new cases of COVID-19 as premier looks at limiting gatherings

  Ontario reports 151 new cases of COVID-19 as premier looks at limiting gatherings Ontario reports 151 new cases of COVID-19 as premier looks at limiting gatheringsThe Ministry of Health says the number of deaths remains at 18 with eight cases fully resolved.

Thirty-four confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus have been diagnosed in Canada to date, with 20 cases reported in Ontario, 13 in British Columbia and one in Quebec. Businesses cut travel over COVID - 19 . READ MORE : COVID - 19 : Can you be infected with coronavirus more than once?

COVID - 19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified SARS emerged at the end of 2002 in China, and it caused more than 8 000 cases in 33 countries over a period of eight months. Around one in ten of

With respect to the outbreak at the St. Joseph's at Fleming long-term care facility, Salvaterra says it's status quo with one resident testing positive for COVID-19 and three staff members remaining in self-isolation. No one is hospitalized.

"The outbreak certainly appears to be under control," said Salvaterra. "We aren't seeing spread — and all their symptomatic residents remain within the home. We are still awaiting results on one resident that was tested."

On the outbreak and nine deaths at the Pinecrest Nursing Home in Bobcaygeon (under the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge, District Health Unit), she said she wouldn't be surprised to see the same experience in Peterborough, "given our older population and that we have a lot of long-term care homes."

4 Nets cleared of coronavirus symptoms

  4 Nets cleared of coronavirus symptoms Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks said Wednesday that the four players who tested positive for COVID-19 are now symptom-free, according to The Athletic's Alex Schiffer. The Nets did not publicly identify the players when the news of the infections broke March 17, but superstar Kevin Durant confirmed that he was one of them. Durant is scheduled to play in this weekend's NBA 2K video game tournament. New York City remains the U.S. epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic. As of Wednesday morning, the city had confirmed more than 43,000 cases of COVID-19 with more than 1,000 deaths. Copyright © 2020 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved.

The number of COVID - 19 cases detected per day outside of China has long surpassed the recorded infection The Russian government first increased its control over individuals arriving in the country from China on By then, 9,923 cases of COVID - 19 had already been registered worldwide, both in

Coronavirus updates: Areas in Canada with cases of the latest novel coronavirus ( COVID - 19 or 'A fundamental shift': More than half of reported COVID - 19 cases in Canada now from community Health experts say the rise in COVID - 19 cases from community transmission makes it more difficult

"That said, we are doing everything we are capable of to prevent it," she said. "We are working hard to keep those people protected to reduce the pandemic spread."

Salvaterra also took a moment to criticize reports of some businesses allegedly refusing to allow health-care workers to enter.

"(Health-care workers) know better than anyone how viruses are spread," she said. "They also need to shop for their families during their time off."

The health unit encourages residents to continue physical distancing and to use its online self-assessment tool if you are showing signs of COVID-19.

"I hope people are taking this very seriously — we don't have a lot of tools in our toolbox," she said. "We have no vaccine. The only tool we have is physical distancing.  We do expect this to get worse before it gets better."

More to come.

Coronavirus: 636 new deaths in Italy, but contamination slows down .
HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-ITALY-BALANCE SHEET: Coronavirus: 636 new deaths in Italy, but contamination slows down © Reuters / Daniele Mascolo CORONAVIRUS: 636 NEW DEATHS IN ITALY, BUT CONTAMINATION SLOWS DOWN ROME (Reuters) - Italy recorded 636 new deaths from COVID-19 on Monday, but the number of new cases of contamination with the new coronavirus has decreased significantly, according to figures from the Civil Protection. Sunday, the country had announced 525 additional deaths.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 15
This is interesting!