•   
  •   
  •   

Canada COVID-19: Employee tests positive at Coquitlam McDonald's

22:41  27 june  2020
22:41  27 june  2020 Source:   vancouversun.com

Province reports 6th consecutive day without new COVID-19 case

  Province reports 6th consecutive day without new COVID-19 case Public Health is reporting a sixth day with no new cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick. The total number of active cases remains at five — all of which are in the Zone 5 health region — for the second consecutive day, according to the New Brunswick government's COVID-19 dashboard. The province said it's no longer issuing daily releases with the latest case information and abandoned regular briefings weeks ago. The dashboard was updated Monday. Two people are in hospital, one of whom is in intensive care. There have been 165 positive tests in New Brunswick, 158 recoveries and two deaths. Tests done so far totl 42,925.

a sign above a store

McDonald’s is urging customers who recently visited one of its Coquitlam restaurants to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.

The location at 1095 Woolridge Street, near the Ikea furniture store, has been closed while a third party thoroughly cleans and sanitizes the building, the company said in an emailed statement.

The employee reported the positive test on Friday after working their most recent shift on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Alberta to give out second round of 20 million masks through fast food restaurants

  Alberta to give out second round of 20 million masks through fast food restaurants Alberta will distribute another 20 million non-medical masks, mostly through drive-thru restaurants, beginning July 13. As with the first round distributed in June, Albertans can pick up the masks at McDonald’s, A&W and Tim Hortons. The province recommends the wearing of a mask to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 when two metres of physical distancing is not possible. “The first phase of free mask distribution in Alberta was a huge success and the response was an incredible show of community support,” Health Minister Tyler Shandro said in a Sunday news release.

The company is advising customers who visited on Tuesday to follow guidance from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control by visiting a section on its website which explains how to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms .

“We are working to ensure our timeline to reopen happens as quickly and safely as possible, as we know our guests depend on their local McDonald’s, and we are committed to doing our part to help our communities,” a spokesperson said in an email.

McDonald’s is working with Fraser Health and will provide an update when it has more information, the company said.

neagland@postmedia.com

twitter.com/nickeagland

CLICK HERE to report a typo.

Is there more to this story? We’d like to hear from you about this or any other stories you think we should know about. Email vantips@postmedia.com

Champ tests negative 3 times after withdrawing from Travelers .
Cameron Champ has tested negative for COVID-19 three times since a positive result forced him to withdraw from the Travelers Championship on Tuesday, he said on Twitter. "Subsequent to my positive test result for COVID-19, I am fortunate to say that I had three consecutive negative test results in the 72 hours which immediately followed," Champ said. "I felt great the whole time and experienced no symptoms." Under the PGA Tour's health and"Subsequent to my positive test result for COVID-19, I am fortunate to say that I had three consecutive negative test results in the 72 hours which immediately followed," Champ said. "I felt great the whole time and experienced no symptoms.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!