•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Ex-cop accused of sexual assault against minors dies of natural causes: Quebec police

18:55  28 july  2020
18:55  28 july  2020 Source:   msn.com

Bloc stands with Blanchet as leader set to address sexual misconduct allegations

  Bloc stands with Blanchet as leader set to address sexual misconduct allegations Bloc Québécois Leader Yves-François Blanchet will have the support of his entire caucus as he prepares to address allegations of sexual misconduct that were posted on social media last Tuesday. An anonymous person said the alleged events happened in a Montreal bar in 1999. It is not known who wrote the post or whether they have filed a complaint with police. Blanchet issued a statement last week denying the allegations and inviting the person who made them to file a complaint with the authorities. Ahead of a Sunday news conference where Blanchet is expected to address the matter, all members of the Bloc caucus released a statement backing their leader.

a man sitting on a sidewalk © Provided by The Canadian Press

LONGUEUIL, Que. — Longueuil police say a retired Montreal officer arrested in December on sex-related charges dating back to the 1970s, has died.

Police said today Francois Lamarre died of natural causes Sunday at a hospital south of Montreal.

He was ill when he appeared in court Dec. 19 on charges of gross indecency, indecent exposure, sexual assault, sexual touching and invitation to sexual touching, involving four alleged male victims between the ages of nine and 16.

The crimes were alleged to have been committed between 1972 and 1997 at Lamarre's home, in his car and at arenas.

Some of the alleged victims were young hockey players in Greenfield Park, while others lived in Lamarre's neighbourhood in the same Montreal suburb.

Lamarre, who retired from the Montreal police force in 1994, served as a minor hockey coach in Greenfield Park between 1970 and 1980.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published July 28, 2020.

The Canadian Press

#ICYMI: Updated back-to-school plan coming, cop suspended for good deed .
Coronavirus updates, Aug. 3: Under pressure from parents and teachers, Quebec to update back-to-school plan next week All of today’s local COVID-19 news found in one place. Read more. Schools should not open until after Labour Day, teachers’ unions insist Brushing away assurances from the provincial government that the back-to-school plan announced in June will be tweaked next week, Quebec teachers’ unions are sticking to their demand that the first day of classes be postponed until after Labour Day. Read more.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!