•   
  •   
  •   

Canada The two journalists from Le Monde injured in Nagorno-Karabakh being evacuated to Yerevan then Paris

11:45  02 october  2020
11:45  02 october  2020 Source:   lemonde.fr

Karabakh: the fighting left at least 39 dead in 24 hours

 Karabakh: the fighting left at least 39 dead in 24 hours © Supplied by Le Point Karabakh, conflict, war The fights in the region of Nagorno Karabakh killed at least 15 more, on the side of the separatists , supported by Armenia , according to a latest report published Monday, September 28. Thus, at least 39 people died in the fighting between this region which wishes to break away from Azerbaijan . In detail, 32 are soldiers killed since Sunday morning, reports the Ministry of Defense separatists.

Two journalists from French newspaper Le Monde have suffered serious injuries after shelling by Azerbaijani forces hit a group of reporters covering the conflict between Yerevan and Baku over the disputed Nagorno - Karabakh region. The journalists were working in Martuni

Two journalists of French Le Monde newspaper were injured Thursday in a shelling in Nagorno - Karabakh by The situation in Nagorno - Karabakh escalated on September 27; battles Yerevan debunks these statements and says territories of mainland Armenia are being shelled as well.

Artillery fire by Azerbaijani forces killed four civilians and injured eleven people in the town of Martouni, 20 kilometers away from the front line.

Nagorno-Karabakh is about mountains, valleys, gorges and caves, rivers and fruits. And the war. Larvae, frozen, sometimes resuscitated, often ignored, and so for twenty-six years and the ceasefire that saw Azerbaijan lose 13% of its territory, to the benefit of Armenia. It is this forgotten reality that the bombardments on the small town of Martouni on Thursday 1 October suddenly recalled, in which two journalists from Le Monde, reporter Allan Kaval and photographer Rafael Yaghobzadeh, were seriously injured.

Deadly fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh, the EU calls for calm

 Deadly fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh, the EU calls for calm © Defense Ministry of Azerbaijan / Handout via REUTERS Clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan on the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, September 28, 2020. The Fighting continues in Nagorno-Karabakh, and the tone continues to rise between Azerbaijan and Armenia. There is great concern that the two countries could slide into a deadly war over this mountainous territory, disputed since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

" Two French reporters from Le Monde were hurt at Martuni in the Artsakh region they had been taken to hospital," the ministry tweeted. Two Armenian journalists were also hurt in the shelling, according to Armenian authorities. Several journalists , including a team from AFP, were interviewing

Le Monde had earlier confirmed to AFP that a reporter and photographer working for the French daily had been injured in a bombing by Azerbaijan forces. Armenia's ambassador to France told AFP that both French journalists " were badly injured and are now being operated on in the town's hospital.

Martouni - around 12,000 inhabitants according to the last census - is located about twenty kilometers from the front line, along which, in several places, the Azerbaijani army launched its so-called “reconquest” offensive, September 27. This is where Allan Kaval and Rafael Yaghobzadeh visited, on the morning of Thursday, October 1. They wanted to see for themselves the extent of the damage done in four days, with the two sides ensuring that each other suffered heavy losses in a fog of propaganda.

The two journalists were in the center of Martouni, along with several French, Armenian and other nationalities colleagues, when salutes of Grad rockets fired by Azerbaijani forces fell, hitting them. Contacted by Le Monde, Artak Beglaryan, ombudsman ("defender") for human rights in Nagorno-Karabakh, reports that four civilians were killed and eleven people wounded in total during the artillery fire. . "It was totally indiscriminate bombing, right in the center," he said.

Nagorno-Karabakh: Erdogan flies alongside his Azerbaijani "brother"

 Nagorno-Karabakh: Erdogan flies alongside his Azerbaijani © MURAD SEZER Protesters carrying a banner reading "Karabakh is Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan is Turkey ”on Tuesday in Istanbul. By condemning the Armenian authorities with whom he is cold, the Turkish president intends to position himself against the Minsk group supposed to facilitate the resolution of the conflict and to project itself into the military field.

Russia says two countries’ foreign ministers have found common ground after French journalists injured during shelling.

The condition of Allen Cavalli is assessed as stable grave and the condition of the other medium grave. The government of Artsakh will care the transfer of wounded journalist from Stepanakert to Yerevan .

"Request for a cease-fire"

Very quickly, in Paris, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs mobilized strongly on the diplomatic and humanitarian level, in particular through the Quai d'Orsay crisis center and embassies in Yerevan and Baku, to facilitate the evacuation of the wounded. The two journalists were transferred to Stepanakert hospital where they underwent surgery. This Friday morning they were being evacuated to Yerevan and then Paris.

Jean-Yves Le Drian spoke to his Armenian counterpart. The calls for a ceasefire in recent days, launched by the co-chairs of the Minsk Group (United States, Russia, France), had hardly been heard. In a joint statement - a phenomenon rare enough these days to be underlined - Presidents Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and Emmanuel Macron on Thursday condemned "in the strongest terms the recent escalation of violence on the contact line in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone ”. The three leaders called for the "immediate cessation of hostilities" and called on the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan "to undertake without delay to resume substantive negotiations, in good faith and without preconditions, under the aegis of the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group [Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe]. "

Armenia says it is ready to discuss with the OSCE to re-establish a ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh

 Armenia says it is ready to discuss with the OSCE to re-establish a ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh AZERBAIDJAN-ARMENIA-OSCE: Armenia says it is ready to discuss with the OSCE to re-establish a cease-fire fire in Nagorno-Karabakh © Reuters / VAHRAM BAGHDASARYAN / PHOTOLURE ARMENIA SAYS READY TO DISCUSS WITH OSCE TO REBUILD A Cease-fire in Upper KARABAKH EREVAN (Reuters) - Armenia is ready to discuss with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) to restore a ceasefire in the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave, the Armenian Foreign Ministry announced on Friday.

14:43 Le Monde journalists came under fire in Karabakh and two French citizens were injured . France is doing everything possible to return to the country as soon as possible the French journalists who were wounded in Nagorno - Karabakh as a result of shelling by the Azerbaijani army.

MAMUL. am news Agency | News from Armenia and Nagorno - Karabakh . А cameraman of the Armenia TV company, was injured in the shelling from the Azerbaijani side (video). Hovhannes Movsisyan: “ Journalists of the French Le Monde came under fire in Martuni”.

Arrived in the middle of the day in Brussels to participate in the European Council, Emmanuel Macron immediately spoke to the press about the morning bombings. "We have called for an unconditional ceasefire, also reminding all those who sometimes push such or such party to go beyond reason," recalled the president, in a reference to sentence veiled to Turkey, which supports Azerbaijan militarily and politically. During his trip to Lithuania and Latvia the previous days, Mr. Macron had questioned the bellicose remarks of Turkish officials. This time, on the basis of the data gathered by the Western intelligence services, the French president went on to operationalize.

Nagorno-Karabakh: Macron demands “explanations” from Turkey and calls out to NATO

“We have information today, with certainty, which indicates that Syrian fighters have left the theater of operation, jihadist groups, passing through Gaziantep to reach this theater of operations in Nagorno-Karabakh. This is a very serious, new fact, which is also a game-changer ", underlined the French president, reinforced by his repeated criticisms, for months, against Turkish military adventurism. This manifested itself in Syria, against the Kurdish allies of the Western coalition fighting against the Islamic State (IS) organization, then in Libya.

Nagorno-Karabakh, a new theater of intervention for Syrian mercenaries in the pay of Ankara

Nagorno-Karabakh: residents of Stepanakert recount their flight to Armenia .
© AFP Refugees from the Nagorno-Karabakh region in Dilijan, about 120 km from Yerevan, on October 8, 2020. It is a humanitarian drama. The displaced persons and refugees from the fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh are more and more numerous. 90% are women and children most often welcomed in Armenia, near the border but also more than 300 kilometers of mountainous roads, in Yerevan. Reportage.

usr: 0
This is interesting!