•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Armenia wants to discuss with the OSCE to reestablish a ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh

13:15  03 october  2020
13:15  03 october  2020 Source:   lepoint.fr

Karabakh: the fighting left at least 39 dead in 24 hours

 Karabakh: the fighting left at least 39 dead in 24 hours © Supplied by Le Point Karabakh, conflict, war The fights in the region of Nagorno Karabakh killed at least 15 more, on the side of the separatists , supported by Armenia , according to a latest report published Monday, September 28. Thus, at least 39 people died in the fighting between this region which wishes to break away from Azerbaijan . In detail, 32 are soldiers killed since Sunday morning, reports the Ministry of Defense separatists.

Nagorno - Karabakh : Flare-Up Between Armenia , Azerbaijan (35). Armenia 's Foreign Ministry says Yerevan is ready work with the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe to If you do not want us to continue processing your data, please click here to delete your account.

Azerbaijan and Armenia have defied calls for a ceasefire amid the worst fighting in decades Nagorno - Karabakh is officially part of Azerbaijan but governed by separatist ethnic Armenians . The three were speaking as co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, which was founded in the early 1990s to

AZERBAIDJAN-ARMENIA: Armenia wants to discuss with the OSCE to re-establish a ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh

L'ARMÉNIE VEUT DISCUTER AVEC L'OSCE POUR RÉTABLIR UN CESSEZ-LE-FEU AU HAUT-KARABAKH © Reuters / AZIZ KARIMOV ARMENIA WANTS TO TALK WITH OSCE TO REBUILD A Ceasefire in Upper KARABAKH

by Nvard Hovhannisyan

EREVAN (Reuters) - Armenia said on Friday it was ready to talk with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) to restore a ceasefire in the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave, where fighting has continued for six days.

Azerbaijan, on the other hand, has not yet made known its response to the solemn appeal launched the day before by France, the United States and Russia, the three countries which have co-chaired the Group since the early 1990s. of Minsk on the issue of Nagorno-Karabakh within the OSCE.

Deadly fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh, the EU calls for calm

 Deadly fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh, the EU calls for calm © Defense Ministry of Azerbaijan / Handout via REUTERS Clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan on the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, September 28, 2020. The Fighting continues in Nagorno-Karabakh, and the tone continues to rise between Azerbaijan and Armenia. There is great concern that the two countries could slide into a deadly war over this mountainous territory, disputed since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Armenia said on Friday it was ready to engage with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe ( OSCE ) to reestablish a ceasefire in the breakaway region of Nagorno - Karabakh . The three countries on Thursday called for an immediate ceasefire in Karabakh, which is internationally

Armenia and the breakaway republic of Nagorno - Karabakh previously declared martial law and US Mission to OSCE Urges Armenia , Azerbaijan to Cease Hostilities in Nagorno - Karabakh . German Chancellor Merkel Discusses Tensions With Azerbaijani and Armenian Leaders, Urges Both Sides

But President Ilham Aliev said on Tuesday that it was out of the question to discuss with Armenia while his Turkish backer, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, rejected the initiative of the three powers.

Frozen for years, the conflict between Azerbaijani forces and Armenian separatists in this mountainous enclave located in Azerbaijani territory but with a predominantly Armenian population resumed last Sunday, at a level of intensity unmatched since the bloody war that followed the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

Further fighting took place overnight Thursday through Friday, and the defense ministry of the separatist Nagorno-Karabakh government said it had lost 54 additional soldiers, bearing the 158 dead in its ranks to which are added eleven civilians killed and more than 60 others wounded.

Nagorno-Karabakh: Erdogan flies alongside his Azerbaijani "brother"

 Nagorno-Karabakh: Erdogan flies alongside his Azerbaijani © MURAD SEZER Protesters carrying a banner reading "Karabakh is Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan is Turkey ”on Tuesday in Istanbul. By condemning the Armenian authorities with whom he is cold, the Turkish president intends to position himself against the Minsk group supposed to facilitate the resolution of the conflict and to project itself into the military field.

Armenian prime minister says he regards aggression by Azerbaijan as an ‘existential threat’.

NNA - Armenia ’s foreign ministry said on Friday it was ready to engage with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe ( OSCE ) to re - establish a ceasefire in Nagorno - Karabakh , where fighting has been raging since Sunday.

The Nagorno-Karabakh air defense also claims to have shot down a fighter plane and two Azerbaijani drones.

On the Azeri side, the army has not put forward any military record, but the authorities report that 19 civilians were killed and 55 others wounded in Armenian bombardments.

"UNACCEPTABLE" INITIATIVE, SAYS ERDOGAN

France, the United States and Russia on Thursday called for an immediate cessation of hostilities and urged the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan to commit without delay to "resume substantive negotiations, in good faith and without preconditions, under the aegis of the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group".

Turkey, backer of Azerbaijan, rejected the initiative of the three countries of the Minsk Group.

"Since the United States, Russia and France have neglected this problem for nearly 30 years, it is unacceptable that they get involved in the search for a ceasefire," said Thursday Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, adding that the only way to achieve a lasting ceasefire in the enclave is through the withdrawal of the "Armenian occupiers".

Armenia says it is ready to discuss with the OSCE to re-establish a ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh

 Armenia says it is ready to discuss with the OSCE to re-establish a ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh AZERBAIDJAN-ARMENIA-OSCE: Armenia says it is ready to discuss with the OSCE to re-establish a cease-fire fire in Nagorno-Karabakh © Reuters / VAHRAM BAGHDASARYAN / PHOTOLURE ARMENIA SAYS READY TO DISCUSS WITH OSCE TO REBUILD A Cease-fire in Upper KARABAKH EREVAN (Reuters) - Armenia is ready to discuss with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) to restore a ceasefire in the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave, the Armenian Foreign Ministry announced on Friday.

NNA - Armenia ’s foreign ministry said on Friday it was ready to engage with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe ( OSCE ) to re - establish a ceasefire in Nagorno - Karabakh , where fighting has been raging since Sunday.

NNA - Armenia ’s foreign ministry said on Friday it was ready to engage with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe ( OSCE ) to re - establish a ceasefire in Nagorno - Karabakh , where fighting has been raging since Sunday.

Yerevan on the contrary welcomed the communiqué of the co-chairs of the Minsk Group and said it was ready to respond to it.

"Armenia remains committed to the path of a peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Although we will continue to respond with strength and determination to this aggression against Nagorno-Karabakh, we stand ready to engage in dialogue with the co-chairman countries of the Minsk Group to re-establish a ceasefire regime on the basis of the 1994-1995 agreements, "said the Foreign Ministry in a statement released on Friday morning.

PACHINIAN: TURKEY MOVES FORWARD

"AGAIN ON A GENOCIDAL PATH"

Yerevan denounces Ankara's "direct involvement" in hostilities, and Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pachinian affirms in an interview with Figaro https: // www.lefigaro.fr/international/le-premier-ministre-armenien-au-figaro-la-turquie-s-aventure-sur-un-chemin-genocidaire-20201001 that Turkey is advancing "again on a genocidal path "by intervening alongside Azerbaijan in the conflict around Nagorno-Karabakh.

Yerevan reports attack by Azerbaijan on the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh

 Yerevan reports attack by Azerbaijan on the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh According to Armenian information, the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh was attacked by the armed forces of Azerbaijan on Friday. Several people were injured in the attacks on Stepanakert, a representative of the Ministry of Defense in Yerevan said on his Facebook page. "There are many civilians injured and civil infrastructure has been damaged," wrote Arzrun Owanissjan. He did not say which weapons were used in the attacks.

NNA - Armenia ’s foreign ministry said on Friday it was ready to engage with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe ( OSCE ) to re - establish a ceasefire in Nagorno - Karabakh , where fighting has been raging since Sunday.

NNA - Armenia ’s foreign ministry said on Friday it was ready to engage with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe ( OSCE ) to re - establish a ceasefire in Nagorno - Karabakh , where fighting has been raging since Sunday.

According to Pachinian, who does not put forward any evidence, Turkey has sent "thousands of mercenaries and terrorists" from northern Syria to fight in the enclave and Turkish military officers "are directly involved in the leadership of the offensive "launched by Azerbaijan.

Turkey and Azerbaijan reject these accusations.

French President Emmanuel Macron also accused Turkey on Thursday of sending jihadists from Syria to fight in Nagorno-Karabakh, which he described as "a very serious new fact, which changes the situation".

He assured that 300 jihadist fighters had been sent via Turkey to Nagorno-Karabakh and that other contingents were in preparation.

Its Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jean-Yves Le Drian, announced Friday morning that he had met successively with his Armenian counterparts Zohrab Mnatsakanian and Azerbaijani Jeikhun Bayramov, insisting on "the threat that an internationalization of the conflict would represent".

In the immediate future, denounced the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on Friday, it is civilians who are suffering the consequences of this renewed violence. "We are already seeing the terrible impact this escalation has on civilians," said Gerardo Moloeznik, one of his representatives in Azerbaijan, in a statement released in Geneva.

(with Nailia Bagirova in Bakou and John Irish in Paris; French version Bertrand Boucey and Henri-Pierre André, edited by Jean-Stéphane Brosse)

Diplomatic efforts to stop the fighting in the struggling Nagorno-Karabakh .
© Francisco Seco, AP Pro-Armenian protesters shout Armenian slogans and wave Armenian flags near EU institutions in Brussels, October 7 2020. Discussions are to be held Thursday in Geneva and Monday in Moscow as part of efforts by France, Russia and the United States to try to open negotiations between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the Nagorno-Karabakh. Diplomatic efforts to end the fighting have so far been unsuccessful.

usr: 3
This is interesting!