•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Family offers ‘sincere apologies’ for 11-year-old girl’s false hijab-cutting story

02:15  18 january  2018
02:15  18 january  2018 Source:   thestar.com

Princess Charlotte and Princess Diana Share Striking Similarities in Childhood Photos

  Princess Charlotte and Princess Diana Share Striking Similarities in Childhood Photos Charlotte’s new photo was shared on her first day of nursery school.The 2-year-old royal looked just like her late grandmother, Princess Diana. In several of Diana’s childhood photos, the two shared the same sandy blonde hair, big brown eyes, and sweet smiles.

The family of an 11 - year - old girl who falsely claimed that her hijab was cut by an attacker in an incident last week that captured national attention has expressed their “ sincere apologies to every Canadian.” At the time, the family said they “assumed it to be true just like everyone else.”

UPDATE: Reported cutting of girl ' s hijab 'did not happen, police say - Продолжительность: 9:10 CBC News Hijab Hoax Girl , Family Owe Canadians an Apology - Furey, Toronto Sun (Mirror) 11 year old girl faked Hijab attack in Toronto - Продолжительность: 9:30 mundanematt 35 292 просмотра.

TDSB spokesperson Shari Schwartz-Maltz, left, stands with an 11-year-old girl who claimed her hijab was cut by an adult man while on her way to school Friday. The story later turned out to be false.© Steve Russell TDSB spokesperson Shari Schwartz-Maltz, left, stands with an 11-year-old girl who claimed her hijab was cut by an adult man while on her way to school Friday. The story later turned out to be false.

The family of an 11-year-old girl who falsely claimed that her hijab was cut by an attacker in an incident last week that captured national attention has expressed their “sincere apologies to every Canadian.”

At the time, the family said they “assumed it to be true just like everyone else.”

The family shared a statement of apology exclusively with the Star. It came two days after the conclusion of the police investigation into the allegations, finding that the events “did not happen.”

'I felt really scared:' Toronto girl says man tried to cut off her hijab while she walked to school

  'I felt really scared:' Toronto girl says man tried to cut off her hijab while she walked to school An 11-year-old Toronto girl says a man approached her while she was walking to school on Friday morning and attempted twice to cut off her hijab with scissors. "I felt really scared and confused," said Khawiah Noman, a student at Pauline Johnson Junior Public School in Scarborough, Ont. Khawiah said she felt the man behind her and turned around and saw him holding scissors. She says she screamed and he ran away, but returned a few minutes later. "He continued cutting my hijab again" before smiling and running away, said Khawiah. Toronto police were called to the school at about 9 a.m., and are now investigating.

The family of an 11 - year - old girl who falsely claimed that her hijab was cut by an attacker in an incident last week that captured national attention has expressed their “ sincere apologies to every Canadian.” At the time, the family said they “assumed it to be true just like everyone else.”

Media reports say the family of an 11 - year - old Toronto girl whose story of having her hijab cut in an attack last week turned out to be untrue has apologized . Again, we are deeply sorry for this and want to express our sincere apologies to every Canadian.” READ MORE: Experts warn of ethical issues

The incident prompted a widespread backlash on social media condemning the false story.

The family said they were “deeply sorry for the pain and anger caused in the past several days.”

They declined requests for an interview. The Star has chosen not to name the girl.

Read more:

Attack on a girl wearing a hijab didn’t happen, police say. But why did the TDSB let the tearful 11-year-old face the cameras?

Opinion | Shree Paradkar: A girl’s hijab story isn’t true. But we’d be fools to believe anti-Muslim hatred doesn’t exist in Canada

TDSB did not discuss implications of letting 11-year-old face media over hijab story

The family expressed gratitude toward Pauline Johnson Junior Public School which, they said, “reacted with compassion and support.”

'Stop doing this. I’m a kid': Man cuts hijab off young girl, returns to attack again

  'Stop doing this. I’m a kid': Man cuts hijab off young girl, returns to attack again 'Stop doing this. I’m a kid': Man cuts hijab off young girl, returns to attack again(Video courtesy of CityNews)

After a Toronto girl falsely claimed she was attacked by a man with scissors on her way to school last week, her family released a statement apologizing to "every This is reportedly the full statement from the family of 11 - year - old girl who falsely reported that she was attacked and her hijab cut .

The family of an 11 - year - old girl who falsely claimed that her hijab was cut by an attacker in an incident last week that captured national attention has expressed their “ sincere apologies to every Canadian.” At the time, the family said they “assumed it to be true just like everyone else.”

They were called to the school near Birchmount Rd. and Sheppard Ave. E. on Friday morning with the news of an alleged assault against their daughter and the family spoke to the media a few hours later at the school’s library.

The girl, her 10-year-old brother and her mother spoke to reporters. Her grandmother was also present.

The 11-year-old’s public appearance was unusual — victims of crime under the age of 18 are usually not identified by police or the media.

The assaults that she claimed happened just before 9 a.m. rapidly drew the condemnation of all three levels of government, and were written about around the world.

In their statement, the family said they chose to make the story public, “horrified that there was such a perpetrator who may try to harm someone else.”

Now, days later, they hope to move past, what they describe as “a very painful experience.”

“We look forward to closing this difficult chapter and providing support to our children.”

Toronto girl 'really scared' after man cuts her hijab on street

  Toronto girl 'really scared' after man cuts her hijab on street Khawlah Noman was walking to school in Toronto when a man suddenly appeared behind her and tried to cut her hijab, police said. Authorities are investigating the incident as a hate crime. It happened in a Toronto neighborhood known for its diversity. "My heart goes out to Khawlah Noman following this morning's cowardly attack on her in Toronto," Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Friday on Twitter. "Canada is an open and welcoming country, and incidents like this cannot be tolerated." Police described the suspect as 5 feet 7 inches with a thin build who was between the ages of 20 to 30.

The family of an 11 - year - old girl who falsely claimed that her hijab was cut by an attacker in an incident last week that captured national attention has expressed their “ sincere apologies to every Canadian.” The family said that at that time, they “assumed it to be true just like everyone else.”

Days after an 11 - year - old girl alleged that a man cut her hijab , twice, Toronto police have Bird said he could not comment on the conversation between Schwartz-Maltz and the girl ’ s family , and The false allegation “may also affect persons who are in fact targeted by Islamophobic and hateful acts

The full statement:

“We are deeply sorry for the pain and anger that our family has caused in the past several days.

When our young daughter told the school that she was attacked by a stranger, the school reacted with compassion and support — as did the police.

When we arrived at the school on Friday, we were informed what happened and assumed it to be true, just like everyone else. We only went public because we were horrified that there was such a perpetrator who may try to harm someone else.

This has been a very painful experience for our family. We want to thank everyone who has shown us support at this difficult time. Again, we are deeply sorry for this and want to express our sincere apologies to every Canadian.

We look forward to closing this difficult chapter and providing support to our children.”

3-year-old girl seriously injured by pit bull in northeast Calgary .
3-year-old girl seriously injured by pit bull in northeast Calgary Emergency crews were called to a home in the 100 block of Tararidge Close N.E. about 9:30 p.m., and the child was rushed to hospital in serious but stable condition.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!