•   
  •   
  •   

Canada Quebec mosque shooting: Judge refuses to release security camera videos

20:46  11 april  2018
20:46  11 april  2018 Source:   montrealgazette.com

Quebec mosque shooting: 'Your father was a hero,' judge tells daughter of man who tried to stop attack

  Quebec mosque shooting: 'Your father was a hero,' judge tells daughter of man who tried to stop attack Fighting back tears, Azzeddine Soufiane’s 14-year-old daughter spoke at sentencing hearing for killer Alexandre Bissonnette as other people in the courtroom weptQUEBEC — Jan. 29, 2017, was a normal day at the Soufiane household in Quebec City.

QUEBEC — A Muslim community leader has expressed relief that a judge refused a media request for permission to broadcast excerpts from security camera videos of the night of the Quebec City mosque massacre.

The Quebec City mosque shooting (French: Attentat de la grande mosquée de Québec ) was a mass shooting that occurred on the evening of January 29, 2017

102717-no_object-1028_city_bissonnette_docs-W.jpg© Phil Carpenter 102717-no_object-1028_city_bissonnette_docs-W.jpg

QUEBEC – A judge has turned down a request from news media outlets for permission to broadcast parts of surveillance video footage of a Quebec City mosque from the night Alexandre Bissonnette killed six people there.

Judge François Huot announced his decision Wednesday.

A consortium of seven media outlets, including the Montreal Gazette, had requested permission to broadcast the videos.

Huot is presiding over the trial of Alexandre Bissonnette, who last month admitted he walked into the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec on Jan. 29, 2017, and killed six Muslim men as evening prayers were ending. He pleaded guilty to six counts of first-degree murder and six of attempted murder

Alexandre Bissonnette watched videos of mass murders before Quebec City mosque attack, court learns

  Alexandre Bissonnette watched videos of mass murders before Quebec City mosque attack, court learns Alexandre Bissonnette watched videos of mass murders before Quebec City mosque attack, court learns Alexandre Bissonnette also entered online search terms for mass murderer Dylann Roof 201 times between Jan. 1, 2017 and Jan. 29, 2017 — the day of the attack.

Click Subscribe Button For More Updates Quebec mosque shooting suspect 'called police to Police also refused to release the suspects' names nor comment on a possible motive, citing an ongoing Police have also increased security efforts at all religious sites in the province while 75 provincial

Не сейчас. 3 мес бесплатно. Quebec Mosque Shooting : Manufacturing a Conspiracy. Shaun. Загрузка So, about that Amazing Atheist video

At a hearing about the videos on Tuesday, Jean-François Côté, a lawyer representing media outlets, told Huot that the public has a right to see at least some of the videos the judge will reflect on as he deliberates on Bissonnette’s sentence.

The media requested access to selected parts of the recordings that would not be shocking and that do not show “raw violence,” Côté said, adding “it was never the media’s intention to broadcast executions.”

The Crown argued the video footage should be covered by a publication ban. Prosecutor Thomas Jacques told Huot the videos should be kept under wraps and said he might decide against presenting them as evidence if the judge allowed parts of them to be broadcast.

Jacques said he would not object to allowing journalists to report in detail what they see in the videos if they are shown in court.

Alexandre Bissonnette ‘regrets’ not shooting more people in Quebec mosque attack

  Alexandre Bissonnette ‘regrets’ not shooting more people in Quebec mosque attack Alexandre Bissonnette ‘regrets’ not shooting more people in Quebec mosque attackKiller Alexandre Bissonnette told a prison social worker he regrets not killing more people on the night of the deadly Quebec City mosque shooting.

Video footage from the night of the deadly mosque shooting in Quebec City last year will not be made public, a judge ruled Wednesday.

VANCOUVER, BC – In a January 30, 2017 PressTV interview, War Crimes Judge Alfred Lambremont Webre stated that his 5 Dead in Quebec City Mosque Shooting - Important Update - Duration: 2:11. Video : Quebec shooting prompts security questions for Muslim community - Duration: 3:07.

Cécile Rousseau, a psychiatrist called by the prosecution to testify, advised against making the videos public. She said releasing them could retraumatize witnesses and the general population, encourage copycat crimes and be used by extremists for propaganda purposes.

Boufeldja Benabdallah, president of the mosque where the shooting occurred, also urged the judge to keep the videos under wraps, saying if they are aired “we will relive the atrocities of Jan. 29.”

Charles-Olivier Gosselin, Bissonnette’s lawyer, also objected to the videos being released, saying they could aggrieve victims and psychologically harm Bissonnette’s family.

Bissonnette’s sentencing hearing is to begin Wednesday afternoon. He could face life in prison without the possibility of parole for 150 years. His defence lawyer has said he will recommend a sentence of 25 years.

[email protected]

twitter.com/andyriga

Mosque killer wanted more victims: report .
Mosque killer wanted more victims: reportIn her report tabled by the Crown, social worker Guylaine Cayouette said Alexandre Bissonnette told her he had idolized serial killers since his adolescence and he wanted to make a splash of his own.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!