Entertainment: Michael Douglas Says He Was 'Extremely Disappointed' in Reports of Sexual Harassment Against Him - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

EntertainmentMichael Douglas Says He Was 'Extremely Disappointed' in Reports of Sexual Harassment Against Him

07:55  07 december  2018
07:55  07 december  2018 Source:   people.com

Google hears protesters, changes sexual harassment policies

Google hears protesters, changes sexual harassment policies Google hears protesters, changes sexual harassment policies

Michael Douglas opened up about sexual harassment allegations against him . 'I was extremely , extremely disappointed in The Hollywood Reporter which has been having a crusade in this area,' in an interview on the TBD with Tina Brown podcast, airing on December 11.

Michael Douglas is opening up about the sexual harassment claims made against him . The Kominsky Method actor, 74, spoke to Tina Brown for her new podcast series TBD with Tina Brown months after The Hollywood Reporter reported he had allegedly sexually harassed a female

Michael Douglas Says He Was 'Extremely Disappointed' in Reports of Sexual Harassment Against Him © Cindy Ord/Getty Michael Douglas | Cindy Ord/Getty

Michael Douglas is opening up about the sexual harassment claims made against him.

The Kominsky Method actor, 74, spoke to Tina Brown for her new podcast series TBD with Tina Brown months after The Hollywood Reporter reported he had allegedly sexually harassed a female employee in the late ’80s.

When Brown asked Douglas how he and his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, reacted to the news, the actor said he felt let down.

“I was extremely, extremely disappointed in The Hollywood Reporter which has begun having a crusade in this area,” he shared.

He continued, “Now, the way this generally works is somebody makes a charge and then [reporters], if they are responsible, reach out as they did to every person I worked with over 25 years and they did because everybody got back to me.”

Michael Douglas Worries His Children Will Inherit The Family ‘Addiction Gene’ He’s Had To Battle

Michael Douglas Worries His Children Will Inherit The Family ‘Addiction Gene’ He’s Had To Battle Michael Douglas has spoken out about his battle with addiction, admitting he hopes his children don’t inherit the same gene in a candid new interview. The 74-year-old, who shares son Dylan, 18, and daughter Carys, 15, with his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, 49, has previously been to rehab for drug and alcohol addiction. RELATED: Michael Douglas Reveals That Dad Kirk, 101, Loves FaceTime He lost his half-brother, Eric, to an accidental overdose aged 46 in 2004 and his son Cameron, 39, has battled a heroin addiction and served time in prison for drug-related charges. Douglas told The Mirror, "You have to be careful, so you learn about genetics.

Michael Douglas is speaking out about the sexual harassment allegation against him .

Michael Douglas was ' extremely disappointed ' by sexual harassment claim against him . Michael Douglas is speaking out about the sexual harassment allegation that was made against And he said false stories about him have been circulating for years, saying , “I was accused back

Douglas explained no one who had been interviewed by the publication had agreed with the claims, saying, “And there was nobody that ever [corroborated] that accusation. So, I thought it was really a misuse of power.”

In an attempt to get ahead of the story, Douglas revealed in January that he had been contacted by a reporter from The Hollywood Reporter about a former female employee’s allegations about him. The allegations were eventually published by the outlet.

In an interview with Deadline, the Ant-Man and the Wasp star went on to vehemently deny the woman’s claims that he had “masturbated in front of” her 32 years ago and that he “spoke raunchily, or dirtily” on the phone in front of her in conversations with friends.

In November, Zeta-Jones spoke about the effect the allegations had on her and their two children, son Dylan, 18, and daughter Carys, 15. (Douglas also has son Cameron, 39, from his previous marriage to Diandra Luker.)

Michael Douglas almost messed up Catherine Zeta-Jones romance with forward comment

Michael Douglas almost messed up Catherine Zeta-Jones romance with forward comment Michael Douglas almost ruined his chances with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones after he was too forward with her on their first date. This Week's Circulars require(["c.deferred"], function () { require({ js: '//api.circularhub.com/msn/module.loader.min.js' }); }); The Wall Street star and Catherine have been married since 2000, but Michael reveals their relationship almost didn't happen after he made an ill-advised remark towards her after drinking too much. "Catherine and I met at a film festival...," he told U.S. chat show The Talk.

Michael Douglas was ' extremely disappointed ' by sexual harassment claim against him . Michael Douglas is speaking out about the sexual harassment allegation that was made against And he said false stories about him have been circulating for years, saying , “I was accused back

Douglas said he was " extremely , extremely disappointed in The Hollywood Reporter," which reported on the accusation, adding that Douglas gave a pre-emptive interview in early January to get ahead of a report from author and journalist Susan Braundy that he had made sexually -charged

“My children and I were profoundly devastated by those allegations. And I was torn about where my absolute morals lie,” the actress, 49, said in an interview with London-based newspaper The Times.

“This woman came out of nowhere and accused my husband,” the Oscar winner continued. “I had a very big conversation with him, with the kids in the room, and said, ‘Do you understand if more comes out …'” she recalled.

Related video: Catherine Zeta-Jones Is a ‘Lioness’ When It Comes to Protecting Family From Salacious Headlines

Zeta-Jones said that because she and her husband both fully support the #MeToo movement, the situation was especially “nasty.”

“It was a really hard position for me and, in the height of it all, it was nasty,” the actress told the Times.

So how did Douglas reassure his family he wasn’t guilty of the allegations?

“By telling us that there is no story here and that time will tell. And, of course, it did,” the mother of two remarked. “There was nothing to back it up at all. For any accusation that comes out that isn’t backed up, that knocks the movement back 20 years.”

Reflecting on their 18-year marriage, the actress admitted that while “God knows we’ve had ups and downs in our marriage,” she’s not the type of person to “throw the towel in very quickly on anything.”

Eliza Dushku slams TV bosses over Michael Weatherly sexual harassment allegations.
Eliza Dushku has put TV bosses on blast for allegedly trying to "spin" the narrative surrounding the sexual harassment allegations she made against actor Michael Weatherly. The actress hit headlines last week (14Dec18) after it was revealed that she had received a $9.5 million (£7.5 million) settlement from CBS network chiefs after complaining about the behaviour of Weatherly on the set of his legal drama Bull.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!