Entertainment: Opera superstar Placido Domingo accused of sexual harassment: Report - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

EntertainmentOpera superstar Placido Domingo accused of sexual harassment: Report

12:57  13 august  2019
12:57  13 august  2019 Source:   ew.com

Concerts cancelled, investigation opened into Placido Domingo

Concerts cancelled, investigation opened into Placido Domingo SAN FRANCISCO — Two music companies cancelled appearances by Placido Domingo and the Los Angeles Opera said Tuesday it would launch an investigation in response to an Associated Press story in which numerous women accused the opera legend of sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour spanning decades. Domingo has been general director of the LA Opera since 2003 and previously served as the company's artistic director, jobs that gave him the power to cast roles and — his accusers say — make, or break, careers.

World-famous opera star Placido Domingo has been accused of sexually harassing other opera singers, a claim he denies. A number of female opera singers and other performers have alleged Domingo tried to pressure them into sexual relationships and sometimes punished them when they

Numerous accusers allege opera singer Placido Domingo sexually harassed them. Eight singers and a dancer have told the AP that they were sexually harassed by the long-married, Spanish-born superstar in encounters that took place over three decades beginning in the late 1980s, at venues

Opera superstar Placido Domingo accused of sexual harassment: Report© Martin Divisek/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

Opera superstar Placido Domingo has been accused of sexual harassment by numerous women, the Associated Press reported on Monday. He allegedly tried to pressure them into sexual relationships by dangling jobs and, in some cases, punishing them when they rejected his advances.

A half-dozen other women said suggestive moves by Domingo made them uncomfortable, and nearly three dozen more people in the opera community said they saw inappropriate sexually-tinged behavior by Domingo, who allegedly pursued younger women with impunity, according to the outlet. Seven of Domingo’s nine accusers told the AP they believe their careers were negatively affected after they refused his advances, with some saying that roles he promised never came to fruition.

Warren Moon settles sexual harassment lawsuit

Warren Moon settles sexual harassment lawsuit Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon settled a sexual harassment lawsuit that a former employee of his sports marketing company brought forth. The lawsuit was filed in December 2017. Wendy Haskell accused Moon of grabbing her crotch and pulling off her bathing suit after slipping a drug into her drink during a trip to Mexico. She also alleged that Moon forced her to wear a thong and sleep in his bed on business trips. Moon denied the allegations through his attorney in 2017. "Both sides realized the appropriate thing to do was to settle with my client," Haskell's attorney, Diana L.

For decades, Placido Domingo , one of the most celebrated and powerful men in opera , has tried to pressure women into sexual relationships by dangling Seven of the nine accusers told the AP they feel their careers were adversely impacted after rejecting Domingo 's advances, with some saying that

For decades, Placido Domingo , one of the most celebrated and powerful men in opera , has tried to pressure women into sexual relationships by dangling jobs and then sometimes punishing the women professionally when they refused his advances, numerous accusers told The Associated Press.

Domingo told the AP he finds the accusations “deeply troubling and, as presented inaccurate,” adding that “I believed that all of my interactions and relationships were always welcomed and consensual.”

Hailing from Spain, the 78-year-old Domingo is an opera singer and conductor who’s won 14 Grammy and Latin Grammy Awards. He’s also been part of the film world, executive producing the 1998 Mexican movie The Other Conquest and appearing in projects like Moulin Rouge!, Disney’s Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and The Book of Life.

EW has reached out to Domingo’s representatives for additional comment.

Charges withdrawn against one accused in St. Michael's College School case.
TORONTO — Sexual assault charges against a teen from a private school in Toronto have been withdrawn. The boy had faced two sex assault charges and one assault charge related to an alleged incident at St. Michael's College School last November. The Crown says after a comprehensive review of the case, there isn't a reasonable prospect for conviction and all three charges were withdrawn. Six other students at the all-boys Catholic school still face charges related to two alleged sexual assaults and one alleged assault related to one of the school's football teams. Police have said the alleged incidents all took place on school grounds last fall.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!