‘Joker’ Congratulated With Expletive By Ryan Reynolds For Setting R-Rated Box Office Record
In Cole Porter’s 1934 song Anything Goes, the composer noted, “In olden days, a glimpse of stocking/Was looked on as something shocking/But now, God knows/Anything goes.” Mr. Porter, meet Ryan Reynolds. Mimicking the grand old Hollywood tradition of congratulating a film for beating your box office record, Reynolds added a distinctly off-color but oddly appropriate twist to his felicitations via Twitter, as Joker has become the highest-grossing R-rated film in history, topping the Reynolds-starring Deadpool and its 2018 sequel.
JJ Abrams reacts to George Lucas criticism of The Force Awakens .
The 'Rise of Skywalker' director responds to the Star Wars creator's comments. The Rise of Skywalker director J . J . Abrams reacted to George Lucas ‘ reported criticisms of The Force Awakens , and also revealed what surprised him in Rian Johnson’s script for The Last Jedi in a new
director reacted to ‘ reported , and also revealed what surprised him in Rian Johnson’s script for in a new interview.
While, Abrams was asked about the Star Wars creator’s reported disappointment with the 2015 film Force Awakens. In Bob Iger’s book The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned From 15 Years as CEO of The Walt Disney Company, the Disney CEO claims George “didn’t hide his disappointment” and said “there’s nothing new,” and that in each of the films in the original trilogy, it was important to him to present new worlds, stories, characters, and technologies. Also, that as they began to describe the plot and it dawned on him that we weren’t using one of the stories he submitted during the negotiations … George felt betrayed.”
Infamous ‘Han Shot First’ Scene From ‘Star Wars’ Gets New Edit Thanks To George Lucas And Disney+
“Star Wars” fans got an unexpected surprise with the launch of Disney+. The new streaming service went live on Tuesday with brand new 4K remasters of all the “Star Wars” films, including the original “A New Hope”, with some new tweaks. RELATED: Daisy Ridley Is Ready For Her Final ‘Star Wars’ Bow On The CoverThe new streaming service went live on Tuesday with brand new 4K remasters of all the "Star Wars" films, including the original "A New Hope", with some new tweaks.
J . J . Abrams Responds to George Lucas ’ Disappointment with ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens ’. Posted on Friday, November 22nd, 2019 by Ethan George Lucas giving up Star Wars in his sale of Lucasfilm to The Walt Disney Company in 2012 was undoubtedly a difficult thing for him to do.
JJ Abrams has responded to Star Wars creator George Lucas ’s criticism of his film The Force Awakens . The Force Awakens , the first instalment in the In December 2015, the month The Force Awakens was released, Lucas likened Disney to “white slavers” in an interview with Charlie Rose
Asked about the comments, Abrams said: “I’ve only had gratitude for George. It’s probably a complicated thing for him. To decide you’re going to sell this thing that you created, that was your baby, to anyone — that must be more complicated than signing a check and smiling about it. But he’s been incredibly gracious. He’s been super-generous … He came over, we had a meeting when we first started working on this [new movie], talked through a ton of different ideas and stories, and heard from him what was important. And we’ve done nothing but try and adhere to some fundamental aspects of the story. It wasn’t a difficult thing to try and do. And again, he was really gracious. So I’m only grateful. Do I wish that [Force Awakens] had been his favorite movie of all time? Yes, I only wanted to do well by him. I would just say that I have nothing but profound respect for the guy and am still truly, even more so now, working on these movies in awe of what he created.”
Elizabeth Banks Responds To Criticism Of Rebooting ‘Charlie’s Angels’: ‘You’ve Had 37 Spider-Man Movies And You’re Not Complaining!’
Elizabeth Banks Responds To Criticism Of Rebooting ‘Charlie’s Angels’: ‘You’ve Had 37 Spider-Man Movies And You’re Not Complaining!’In an interview with WSJ Magazine, the 45-year-old actress-director insists there's a sexist spin on negative judgements of her Kristen Stewart-starring reboot of "Charlie's Angels", which began as an ABC TV series that ran from 1976-1981, returned as a 2000 feature and 2003 sequel, and again as a short-lived TV reboot in 2011.
JJ Abrams offered his response to the news that George Lucas felt disappointed by Star Wars: The Force Awakens . Lucas ’ feelings towards the first episode of the sequel Star Wars trilogy was detailed in Disney CEO Bob Iger’s recent memoir. But even though Lucas may have felt let down, Abrams
J . J . Abrams has discussed Star Wars creator George Lucas ’ criticism of The Force Awakens . Ahead of the release of The Rise Of Skywalker, the last film in the trilogy that The Force Awakens kicked off four years ago, Abrams has revealed his admiration for Lucas , and says he thinks the
The writer-director was also asked what surprised him about Johnson’s second film in the Disney trilogy, The Last Jedi, which some have speculated may have derailed what Abrams originally planned. Specifically, Johnson killing off the mysterious Supreme Leader Snoke.
“When I read his first draft, it made me laugh, because I saw that was his take and his voice. I got to watch cuts of the movie as he was working on it, as an audience member. And I appreciated the choices he made as a filmmaker that would probably be very different from the choices that I would have made. Just as he would have made different choices if he had made Episode VII … I felt the biggest surprise was how dark Luke was. That was the thing that I thought: ‘Oh, that was unexpected.’ And that’s the thing The Last Jedi undeniably succeeds at, which is constant subversion of expectation. The number of things that happened in that movie that aren’t the thing you think is going to happen is pretty fun.”
Conway and Haley get into heated feud: 'You'll say anything to get the vice-presidential nomination'
George Conway and former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley got into a heated back-and-forth on Twitter on Monday she knocked the conservative lawyer and husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway for his recent criticism of a Republican lawmaker amid the House's impeachment inquiry.George Conway and former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley got into a heated back-and-forth on Twitter on Monday she knocked the conservative lawyer and husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway for his recent criticism of a Republican lawmaker amid the House's impeachment inquiry.
George Lucas sold the Star Wars universe to Disney in 2012 for billion, and it didn’t take him very long to start talking shit about the first post-Disney film, Star Wars: The George didn’t like it then, he still doesn’t like it now. J . J . Abrams , director and screenwriter of The Force Awakens , has had just
Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J . J . Abrams responds to complaints that the film is a "rip-off" and explains his involvement in Episode VIII. Ultimately the structure of Star Wars itself is as classic and tried and true as you can get. It was itself derivative of all of these things that George loved so
Also, readin our The Rise of Skywalker cover story, and check out our .
To read more on The Rise of Skywalker and other untold stories from the Star Wars universe, pick up the new issue of Entertainment Weekly at Barnes & Noble now — orfeaturing stars of the , , or . (The issue will be on newsstands starting Nov. 28.) Don’t forget to for more exclusive interviews and photos, only in EW.
George: 'I'm not the one to boo' for Pacers exit .
Indiana Pacers fans made sure Paul George heard every bit of their displeasure during his latest return to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, as they rained down boos throughout the contest. After a 36-point outing in his Los Angeles Clippers' 110-99 win, the former Pacer suggested there's more to the story regarding his split from the team that drafted him. "You know, someday I'll do a tell-all and tell the leading events of how I left Indiana. And I promise you, I'm not the one to boo," George told ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk postgame.George requested a trade in 2017, and the Pacers shipped him to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis in July.