Entertainment A-Rod reportedly working overtime to win back J.Lo, plus more celeb love news for April 2021
COVID protocol-related absences: 03/31/21
Each day, the NHL will publicly release the list of players that are unavailable to their respective teams due to being in COVID-19 Protocol. Here is the list for today: © Anne-Marie Sorvin-USA TODAY Sports Anaheim – Alexander VolkovBoston – Jake DeBruskFlorida – TBALos Angeles – Brendan LemieuxMinnesota – Zach PariseMontreal – Joel Armia, Eric StaalNY Rangers – Brett Howden Vancouver – Adam GaudetteAs a reminder, inclusion on this list does not mean that a player has tested positive for Coronavirus or even that they have been confirmed as a close contact to another positive person.
Since it launched on PBS in 1969, "Sesame Street" has brought generations of kids much joy with its colorful, relatable Muppets. But some stand out more than others.
13. Abby Cadabby
13. Abby CadabbyWho? Exactly.
12. TellyNobody likes a worrywart, and Telly is the worry-est wart there is.
NHL postpones Wednesday's Calgary-Vancouver game
The NHL has decided to ere on the side of caution as a result of Adam Gaudette’s positive COVID-19 test. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reports (Twitter link) that tonight’s game between the Canucks and Flames has been postponed. TSN’s Frank Seravalli tweets that the decision was made after more information has surfaced regarding Vancouver’s test results; that information obviously has not yet been made public.
11. ZoeElmo proved to be such a popular character that the show introduced Zoe in 1993 to be his companion. But did we really need another Elmo?
10. RositaRosita is most memorable for being the first regular bilingual character on "Sesame Street," but not much else.
Gallery: 'Pooch Perfect,' 'Canine Intervention,' more dog shows offer viewers a treat (USA TODAY)
9. Mr. Snuffleupagus
9. Mr. SnuffleupagusEveryone had an imaginary friend growing up, but only Big Bird's proved to be real.
After whirlwind month, Alex Rodriguez talks about the state of game, Dodgers-Padres rivalry
After whirlwind month, Alex Rodriguez talks about state of the modern game, Dodgers-Padres rivalry and today's stars.Rodriguez and fiancée Jennifer Lopez announced their break-up with the news jarring Hollywood.
7. Bert and Ernie (tie)
7. Bert and Ernie (tie)There's no separating this duo, not even on this list.
6. GroverGrover doesn't speak in contractions, which should be annoying, but the character somehow manages to make it endearing.
5. The Count
5. The CountThe world has forgotten scores of pop culture vampires (Edward Cullen of "Twilight," we're looking at you) but we'll always remember The Count.
Toronto Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr. blasts three home runs vs. Washington Nationals
Toronto Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr., 22, does something his Hall of Fame father never did with his three-homer game vs. Washington Nationals.Just 42 days after celebrating his 22nd birthday, Guerrero became the youngest player since at least 1901 to record three homers and seven RBI in the same game. And he hit two of them against one of the best pitchers in the majors, three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer of the Washington Nationals.
4. Oscar the Grouch
4. Oscar the GrouchOscar the Grouch represents the little bit of misanthropy that exists in all of us.
3. Cookie Monster
3. Cookie MonsterWho doesn't love cookies?
2. Big Bird
2. Big BirdTall, yellow and feathery, Big Bird is probably the most immediately recognizable "Sesame Street" character.
1. ElmoWhile Big Bird may be the most recognizable, Elmo is easily the most beloved.
NHL's COVID protocol-related absences for May 6, 2021 .
Players in the protocol are: Colorado's Devan Dubnyk and Washington's Evgeny Kuznetsov.Calgary – TBA (previously Josh Leivo)