Entertainment Prosecutors Air More Claims in R. Kelly Case, One Involving an Underage Boy
Kelly Dodd Says She Was ‘Blindsided’ By ‘RHOC’ Axing
Former “Real Housewives of Orange County” star Kelly Dodd is speaking out about her departure from the show. The reality TV personality and husband Rick Leventhal joined Monday’s “Jeff Lewis Live” on SiriusXM’s Radio Andy to talk about the unexpected exit. “Did you know before it was announced publicly?” asked Lewis “No, I had noThe reality TV personality and husband Rick Leventhal joined Monday's "Jeff Lewis Live" on SiriusXM’s Radio Andy to talk about the unexpected exit.
Federal prosecutors in’s sex trafficking case say he had sexual contact with an underage boy in addition to girls, and the government wants jurors in his upcoming sex trafficking trial to hear those claims.
Prosecutors aired a wide-ranging raft of additional allegations — but not new charges — against the R&B star in a court filing Friday (July 23). Jury selection is due to start Aug. 9 in a New York federal court for Kelly, who denies ever abusing anyone.
A message was sent Saturday to his lawyers about the additional allegations.
The Grammy Award-winning singer isleading what prosecutors call a criminal enterprise of managers, bodyguards and other employees who allegedly helped him recruit women and girls for sex and pornography and to exercise a lot of control over them.
Prosecutors seek prison for Americans in Ghosn escape trial
TOKYO (AP) — The trial in Tokyo of two Americans charged with helping Nissan’s former chairman, Carlos Ghosn, flee Japan wrapped up Friday with prosecutors seeking prison terms of more than two years for each of them. The Americans, former Green Beret Michael Taylor and his son Peter Taylor, were arrested in Massachusetts last year and extradited in March. They acknowledged guilt when their trial opened last month and have apologized for their alleged roles in Ghosn’s escape. Ghosn was arrested in November 2018 and fled in December 2019 to Lebanon while out on bail awaiting trial. The maximum penalty in Japan for helping a criminal is three years in prison.
The charges involve six different women and girls, who aren’t named in court filings.
Now, prosecutors would also like jurors to hear about more than a dozen other people whom the government alleges that Kelly sexually or physically abused, threatened or otherwise mistreated.
Among them, the government says, was a 17-year-old boy and aspiring musician whom Kelly met at a McDonald’s in December 2006 and later invited to his Chicago studio. After asking the boy what he would do to make it in the music business, Kelly propositioned and had sexual contact with him while he was still underage, according to prosecutors’ court filing.
And when Kelly was about to go on trial on child pornography charges in Chicago in 2008, the same youth told the singer he had access to a juror, and Kelly asked him to contact the juror and vouch he was a “good guy,” prosecutors wrote.
Megyn Kelly's Podcast Upgrades to a Daily 2-Hour Show: 'I Touch Third Rails for a Living'
"I'm one of the only journalists, as opposed to pundits, creating a big space in podcasting. And that's unusual," the Megyn Kelly Show podcast host tells PEOPLEThe former TV anchor is taking her podcast The Megyn Kelly Show to new heights with a deal on SiriusXM radio, announced on Tuesday.
The filing doesn’t say whether the youth did so. Kelly was acquitted in that case.
The boy also introduced Kelly to a 16- or 17-year-old male friend, with whom prosecutors say the singer began a sexual relationship several years later. Kelly also filmed the two youths in sexual encounters with other people, including some of Kelly’s girlfriends, according to the filing.
Prosecutors wrote that the accounts of the boys and others would help show that the actual charges “were not isolated events and were part of a larger pattern.”
The multiplatinum-selling singer, born Robert Sylvester Kelly, is known for work including the 1996 hit “I Believe I Can Fly” and the cult classic “Trapped in the Closet,” a multi-part tale of sexual betrayal and intrigue.
Kelly’s sex life has drawn scrutiny since the 1990s, and he currently is also facing sex-related charges in Illinois and Minnesota. He has pleaded not guilty.
Judge agrees to destruction of Kraft massage parlor video .
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A video recording of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and other men allegedly engaging in massage parlor sex will be returned to prosecutors for destruction, a Florida judge ruled Friday, ending a two-year saga that tarnished the reputation of one of football's most successful luminaries. Palm Beach County Judge Leonard Hanser agreed with prosecutors and Kraft's attorneys that the recording given to him before he ruled it inadmissible at trial was not part of the permanent court file and will be returned for destruction.