Entertainment Paramount+ Announces Season 2 of The Challenge: All Stars — See Which Vets Will Be Back
Auston Matthews targets Leafs' Oct. 13 opener for return from wrist surgery
Matthews underwent surgery on the joint Aug. 13, but is hoping to be ready in time for the start of the new campaign.Subscribe to Yardbarker's Morning Bark, the most comprehensive newsletter in sports. Customize your email to get the latest news on your favorite sports, teams and schools. Emailed daily.
Talk about a Veteran's Day to remember.
A group of 24veterans will return to compete for $500,000 when season 2 of premieres on Paramount+ on Nov. 11 — Veteran's Day.
The list of competitors includes:
- Ayanna Mackins — three Challenges
- Brad Fiorenza — 10 Challenges, one win
- Casey Cooper — four Challenges
- Cohutta Grindstaff — four Challenges
- Darrell Taylor — nine Challenges, four wins
- Derek Chavez — three Challenges
- Derrick Kosinski — 10 Challenges, three wins
- Janelle Casanave — two Challenges, one win
- Jasmine Reynaud — five Challenges
- Jodi Weatherton — two Challenges, three wins
- Jonna Mannion — five Challenges
- Katie Doyle — nine Challenges, one win
- Kendal Darnell — one Challenge, one win
- Laterrian Wallace — three Challenges
- Leah Gillingwater — one Challenge
- Melinda Collins — four Challenges
- MJ Garrett — three Challenges, one win
- Nehemiah Clark — four Challenges, one win
- Ryan Kehoe — five Challenges
- Sophia Pasquis — two Challenges
- Steve Meinke — one Challenge
- Teck Holmes — one Challenge
- Tina Barta — five Challenges
- Tyler Duckworth — four Challenges, two wins
will return as host for the 10-episode season.
Paramount Communications Head Chris Petrikin to Exit in Wake of Jim Gianopulos Departure
Chris Petrikin, Paramount Pictures' EVP of Global Communications and Corporate Branding, is exiting the studio, according to multiple media reports. Reps for Paramount and ViacomCBS did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment. His departure follows the shakeup at CEO, with Jim Gianopulos set to depart by the end of this year. Petrikin joined Paramount in 2017 and reported to Gianopulos, having previously spent 10 years at Fox as chief communications officer.
The Challenge: All Stars began as the brainchild of vet Mark Long, who in 2020 came up with the idea for longtime fan favorites to return to the show. He started a social media campaign to gauge interest among both fans and competitors and the next year, All Stars — an homage to the name of the first season of Road Rules that premiered in 1998 —in April.
"I'm pinching myself every day," Long, 50, previously told PEOPLE of. "It's pretty crazy. And I think that just shows you how relevant the genre is and how people are just yearning for that nostalgia."
RELATED VIDEO: The Challenge: Spies, Lies & Allies' Kelz Dyke Talks About Being Dubbed 'Leader of the Rookies'
Flyers forward Samuel Morin suffers another 'significant' knee injury
Morin, 26, has previously suffered two torn ACL’s in his career, both occurring within a 20-month period in 2018 and 2019. As a result, Morin played just six NHL games and five AHL games over those two affected seasons. To date, the 2013 No. 11 overall pick has played in only 29 NHL games and has just one point. While this has had a serious impact on Morin’s development as a pro, he appeared to be back on track this past season with 27 games played between the Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms and was adjusting nicely to his new position.
Darnell, 41 won season 1 and will compete again this season for her second victory.
is currently airing on MTV with a mix of veterans like Tori Deal, Nany Gonzalez and competing against newcomers from around the world for their cut of $1 million.
Season 2 of The Challenge: All stars premieres Nov. 11. New episodes will drop weekly on Thursdays, exclusively on Paramount+.
MTV And Paramount+ Renew ‘The Challenge: All Stars’ For Season 2, Unveils Cast & Premiere Date .
Sir Elton John is having to turn down an invitation to attend a party at Kensington Palace to honour his late friend, Princess Diana, after having hip replacement surgery.