•   
  •   
  •   

Money There are now less than 2.5 million bitcoins (BTC) to mine

17:30  28 september  2020
17:30  28 september  2020 Source:   clubic.com

Trump says to be 'no politics' in Alaska mine project review

  Trump says to be 'no politics' in Alaska mine project review Trump says to be 'no politics' in Alaska mine project review"Don't worry, wonderful & beautiful Alaska, there will be NO POLITICS in the Pebble Mine Review Process. I will do what is right for Alaska and our great Country!!!," Trump said in a tweet late on Wednesday.

  Il reste désormais moins de 2,5 millions de bitcoins (BTC) à miner © Provided by Clubic

As of Monday, September 28, 18,501,918 bitcoins (BTC) are in circulation.

With only 21 million BTC to issue, just under 2.5 million BTC remains to be mined .

Less than 2.5 million bitcoins to be issued

The Bitcoin network has already passed the 18.5 million BTC mark in circulation. This means that there are less than 2.5 million bitcoins to be issued, or about 11.9% of the total bitcoins to be produced.

Indeed, the Bitcoin protocol defines the growth rate in advance: a new bitcoin is created when a miner discovers a new block. Each year, the number of blocks discovered is constant: 52,500. However, the number of bitcoins generated per block is halved every 210,000 blocks (approximately four years). The reward for minors is therefore reduced by half every four years.

Ivanhoe Mines confirms third death from falling bucket in South African mine shaft

  Ivanhoe Mines confirms third death from falling bucket in South African mine shaft VANCOUVER — Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. is confirming a third death after an underground accident Monday at its Platreef mine development project in South Africa. The Vancouver-based company says the workers were killed when a "kibble bucket,'' commonly used to haul water, ore or refuse to the surface, fell down a mine shaft, striking the side of a platform where four employees were conducting routine water-pumping activities. Ivanhoe initially reportedThe Vancouver-based company says the workers were killed when a "kibble bucket,'' commonly used to haul water, ore or refuse to the surface, fell down a mine shaft, striking the side of a platform where four employees were conducting routine water-pumping activities.

The first bitcoins were mined in 2009. Experts estimate that 99% of all bitcoins will be mined by 2040 and the remaining 1% will be mined in the next 80 or 100 years.

1.6 million bitcoins lost

In 2019, a blockchain data analytics company issued a report on the state of the Bitcoin network. Analysts estimate that around 1.6 million bitcoins have been lost permanently out of the 18.5 million units mined to date. Most often, these losses are due to the owners of these BTCs losing access to their wallets.

It is highly likely that many more bitcoins will disappear by the time the mining process is complete. There will then be far less than 21 million bitcoins in circulation.

Source: IBTimes.com

Nunavut declares COVID-19 outbreak at mine contained; some workers can travel home .
IQALUIT, Nunavut — Nunavut's chief public health officer says an outbreak of COVID-19 at a gold mine has been contained. Dr. Michael Patterson says there are 10 positive cases and six presumptive cases at the Hope Bay mine, about 125 kilometres southwest of Cambridge Bay. But he says the cases will not be counted as the territory's, because the workers' home jurisdictions have chosen to record them. That means the territory has yet to record a positive case. Video: ‘This pandemic is far from over’ (cbc.ca) Your browser does not support this video Patterson earlier said there was evidence of transmission at the mine, but now says that it's not the case.

usr: 1
This is interesting!