Offbeat: Hit by an arrow, mobile phone dies saving Australian man - PressFrom - Canada

OffbeatHit by an arrow, mobile phone dies saving Australian man

13:20  14 march  2019
13:20  14 march  2019 Source:

Man dies in workplace incident in Leduc

Man dies in workplace incident in Leduc Occupational Health and Safety is investigating a workplace fatality in Leduc. OHS said the incident happened at around 2 p.m. Monday. Leduc RCMP, fire services, EMS crews and STARS Air Ambulance were also called to the scene. RCMP said a 45-year-old man died, although the circumstances surrounding his death were not released.

Image caption An Australian man 's phone was pierced by an arrow . Mobile phones truly can be life savers - especially, it seems, when an arrow is That was the case for a 43-year-old man in Australia who came under attack by another man , according to police. The incident began when the attacker

An arrow hit in any major organ or blood vessel will kill the victim, but not immediately. I would assume (and hope that an armament expert can chime in) that the arrow was used more to immobilize or injure ones opponent and take them out of the current battle.

Hit by an arrow, mobile phone dies saving Australian man © Reuters/STRINGER A supplied image obtained March 13, 2019 of a mobile phone pierced by an arrow

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - An Australian man had a lucky escape while confronting a man armed with a bow outside his home, as a loosed arrow pierced the mobile telephone he was holding to take a photograph of the incident, Australian police said on Thursday.

The 43-year old man had returned on Wednesday to find the man, who was known to him, waiting outside his home in Nimbin, a small east coast town around 150 kilometers (93 miles) south of Brisbane.

"The resident held up his mobile phone to take a photo of the armed man who then engaged the bow and was ready to fire," a police statement said.

"It’s alleged the man fired the arrow at the resident which pierced through the man’s mobile phone causing the phone to hit him in the chin. It left a small laceration that didn’t require medical treatment."

A 39-year old man was arrested at the scene and charged, police said.

MH370 co-pilot 'tried to use his phone mid-flight and a cellphone tower picked up his mobile number' before the aircraft mysteriously disappeared.
The co-pilot of flight MH370 may have tried to use his phone mid-flight before the aircraft mysteriously disappeared, an expert review of a secret report suggests. A Malaysian police investigation into the disappearance of the plane on March 8, 2014, was completed in May of the same year. The report detailed that a telecommunications tower at Bandar Baru Farlim Penang in Malaysia detected a mobile number registered to Fariq Abdul Hamid minutes before the Boeing 777 dropped off the radar, The Australian reported.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!